Semi-Illegal Immigrant, Which State To Get License.

JustHelpMe

Hello everyone!

I have the following..

NYS- High School Diploma
Social Security Card (not valid for work)
Valid British Passport
Expired I-94
All proof's of address where I live.

The problem is, I was born in London, England. Brought to NYS at the age of 8months old, came on a I-94. Then my parents kept me here, I am a overstay
Fixed TYPO!..

I have all the proofs as stated above.

Where can I go to get a drivers license, or permit?

(I tried Maryland, got the Out Of State appointment, but my date was July 30, and they passed a law July 1, I never got my confirmation in the mail so they could not process me)

My sister is 15 and was born in the US.
My dad had a valid NYS Drivers license because he got it back in the day when requirements were low.
My mom has a valid NYS Drivers license, again she got it back in the day.

My parents do not have a work permit, but everyone has a social security card (not valid for employment) except my sister.

Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is, I was born in London, England. Brought to NYS at the age of 8months old, came on a I-94. Then my parents kept me here, I am not a overstay..

You are an overstay.

Only your state of residence, assuming they allow illegals to get licenses.

What does your family do to support themselves?

*I fixed some typos^^

My dad drivers Taxi. Makes around $25,000 a year. Maybe less.

He is a loyal tax payer, has a credit score of 745.

We follow all rules and regulations, academic in school, and I cant even take out a student loan to go to college.

Its very expensive, even City colleges.

Justhelpme,

I feel your distress. But as far as the US law is concerned and baased on what you stated, you are an illegal immigrant. As stated above, your best bet is to get married. Good luck to you though.

"Semi-Illegal"?

You say "Semi-Illegal", but there is no such thing. Laws, especially immigration laws and those in particular that govern your status are exceptionally binary. You cannot be "semi-legal."

Unfortunately, you have no valid immigration status in the USA from what you have disclosed. I agree with the previous posts.

Good luck to you.

How old are you now? Under 18 and a half? If yes, leave now and go back to the UK so you won't be banned from the US for 3 years or 10 years. Your life will be a lot better living in the UK as a British citizen than living in the US as an illegal immigrant.

How old are you now? Under 18 and a half? If yes, leave now and go back to the UK so you won't be banned from the US for 3 years or 10 years. Your life will be a lot better living in the UK as a British citizen than living in the US as an illegal immigrant.

I agree! Get free education in the UK and other benefits like healthcare..etc! Why would you want to be illegal in NYC when you can have a great lifestyle in Europe?
Oh and to answer your question... Chicago IL is where you can get a driver's license no problem!

taxi driver ("black taxi") in th UK earns around 600-1100 pounds per week (before the tax) or around 1000-1700 dollars per week and "mini cab " (self employed) taxi drivers probably around +40% on top of that with medical and soscial security paid for !! so maybe its time to say your father that he wasted good portion of his life doing something that he can do back in the UK and get 3X more money than in the US so please do not make same mistake LIFE IS SHORT

Hello everyone!

I have the following..

NYS- High School Diploma
Social Security Card (not valid for work)
Valid British Passport
Expired I-94
All proof's of address where I live.

The problem is, I was born in London, England. Brought to NYS at the age of 8months old, came on a I-94. Then my parents kept me here, I am a overstay
Fixed TYPO!..

I have all the proofs as stated above.

(I tried Maryland, got the Out Of State appointment, but my date was July 30, and they passed a law July 1, I never got my confirmation in the mail so they could not process me)

My sister is 15 and was born in the US.
My dad had a valid NYS Drivers license because he got it back in the day when requirements were low.
My mom has a valid NYS Drivers license, again she got it back in the day.

My parents do not have a work permit, but everyone has a social security card (not valid for employment) except my sister.

Please help!

see this permit practice test
i donno if you can get driver leicense.

You're lucky enough to have British birth and citizenship. Time to start using it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're lucky enough to have British birth and citizenship. Time to start using it!

Ive been to UK and let me tell ya its the best country Ive ever been to! And Ive travelled around alot. London is beautiful. You will love it!