second fingerprint notice

talfam

Registered Users (C)
Hi All;

I need your help, idea please.

I applied asylum in 2009 and interviewed but didn't hear the decision yet. I got mail for the second fingerprint notice last week from USCIS National Benefit Center. Is it a normal procedure? Is it a sign that my long waiting period is coming to an end? Is there anything I have to do in addition to the fingerprint?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All;

I need your help, idea please.

I applied asylum in 2009 and interviewed but didn't hear the decision yet. I got mail for the second fingerprint notice last week from USCIS National Benefit Center. Is it a normal procedure? Is it a sign that my long waiting period is coming to an end? Is there anything I have to do in addition to the fingerprint?

Thank you

Just do the fingerprints. And try to call to the USCIS. Have you asked them? All in all we are not familiar with your case, so maybe the FBI needs to double check your fingerprints as there are some doubts about the first ones.

Anyway - stay calm and confident. Everything is gonna be ok.

Thank you very much nardoswiss, your words are very encouraging.

I requested the status of my application several times but they always replied to me as the case is pending required background and security check.

Thank you very much nardoswiss, your words are very encouraging.

I requested the status of my application several times but they always replied to me as the case is pending required background and security check.

You are welcome.

Keep us posted in the tracker about the time frames. It will help other seekers!

Good luck and cheers!

At least they are working on your case. That is the only positive at the moment. Hopefully you get approved pretty soon.

I get approval letter today after waiting and waiting longer time. Happy Happy Happy .......

I have pending case since 1.5 years. I have applied in 2010. I just got my second fingerprint notice after 1.5 years. I have already given fingerprint before my interview. What could it be about this second fingerprint notice? Dou you have any idea?

Thank you.

I got the second FP notice after 2.5 years. I also did once before the interview. They need a recent FP in their database to make the final decision (as it expired after 15 months). I got the decision a week after I did the second finger print. Then, the same thing might happen on your case. It is a good sign and your case is active at least.

I got the second FP notice after 2.5 years. I also did once before the interview. They need a recent FP in their database to make the final decision (as it expired after 15 months). I got the decision a week after I did the second finger print. Then, the same thing might happen on your case. It is a good sign and your case is active at least.
Thank you talfam. I hope so.

Current fingerprints as one part of the background check are NOT REQUIRED in order to DENY an application but are REQUIRED to APPROVE an application.

Current fingerprints as one part of the background check are NOT REQUIRED in order to DENY an application but are REQUIRED to APPROVE an application.

HI BigJoe i have a same thing going on,, applied asylum in 2011 and told my disision will be mailed but after 2 years also haven't heard from them ,, now suddenly they send notice to give fingerprint this Monday ,,,, what is this and do u know how does this works,,, in the mean time i already renew my EAD for year ,,,

Hi KTM410,

It is a very good sign. Most probably you will be granted. I know it happened to me and recently my friend whose case is pending for more than 3 years got granted after the second finger print. He got grant letter after about 1 month from the 2nd finger print date.

Good luck

Good luck, I understand your feeling. It took more than 2 years for my case to be approved

talfam ,, i received another notice from USCIS today saying -797c, Notice of action ,, Fingerprint notification ,,, this is my second mail for my second fingerprint both from DHS

did you get two letter in mail for one fingerprint which i have to this monday

Its normal! I got two also. It means that your case is moving farword.
talfam ,, i received another notice from USCIS today saying -797c, Notice of action ,, Fingerprint notification ,,, this is my second mail for my second fingerprint both from DHS

did you get two letter in mail for one fingerprint which i have to this monday

how long to get Approval letter after 2nd Finger Print

talfam, if yu don't mind me asking : how Long did it take to get the Approval letter after the finger print.

and After reading Your encouraging testimony about your Asylum decision after that long Wait,
I would like To Share my Process Nightmare as Well, but As i read everyone's thought. all that delay Seems to come To An End. :eek:

- april 2009 : Asylum Filed
- august 2009: asylum interview
- april 10th, 2013: 2nd fingerprint Notice
????? hope to Smile!!!! hopefully

I appreciate everyone's contribution on this. good luck, i update my profile Soon lol

I think you are almost there! If they sent you a second FP thats because you are on the right path, otherwise I waste your time and theirs? Right?

talfam, if yu don't mind me asking : how Long did it take to get the Approval letter after the finger print.

and After reading Your encouraging testimony about your Asylum decision after that long Wait,
I would like To Share my Process Nightmare as Well, but As i read everyone's thought. all that delay Seems to come To An End. :eek:

- april 2009 : Asylum Filed
- august 2009: asylum interview
- april 10th, 2013: 2nd fingerprint Notice
????? hope to Smile!!!! hopefully

I appreciate everyone's contribution on this. good luck, i update my profile Soon lol