• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second Draw for DV 2014

emma486

Hi everyone,

Can I ask why do dv guidlines advise all entrants should keep their confirmation number until June 30, 2014, whether they are initially selected or not? Is there a second draw? Can your 'not selected' status potentially change??

Yes, your status can change at anytime between now and June 30, 2014. Plus they will almost certainly do a second draw in October this year in lieu of the non-responsive selectees from this first draw in May. Last year they drew an additional 10,000 selectees on October 22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, your status can change at anytime between now and June 30, 2014. Plus they will almost certainly do a second draw in October this year in lieu of the non-responsive selectees from this first draw in May. Last year they drew an additional 10,000 selectees on October 22.

this answered my question in another thread. Thanks

i have not heard of anyone's status changing. i do know of second draw although i did not see that statement of an october draw but someone else said they saw it.

guys... It's over, that's it.. OVER, we should go on with our life and wait for october 2013....

So, it´s mean that could be a "little draw" before or after the draw of october? Because you said that the status (from those who wasn´t selected now) could change anytime from now on?

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

DV-2014 entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 1, 2013. The DV-2014 registration period was from October 2, 2012, until November 3, 2012. DV-2014 entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013.

It didn't used to say additional entries may be selected, did it? Looks like we might get another shot after all! I remember people saying there wouldn't be another drawing for this one because so many got selected in the first round

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

DV-2014 entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 1, 2013. The DV-2014 registration period was from October 2, 2012, until November 3, 2012. DV-2014 entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013.

I highly doubt there will be a second draw. They already announced 10% more selectees.

I'm guessing the reason they advised people to retain their confirmation number was just in case they realize there was a serious flaw and nullify the whole drawing, like the DV-2012 fiasco. I think we are past that phase. It's safe to assume there will not be another drawing.

I highly doubt there will be a second draw. They already announced 10% more selectees.

I'm guessing the reason they advised people to retain their confirmation number was just in case they realize there was a serious flaw and nullify the whole drawing, like the DV-2012 fiasco. I think we are past that phase. It's safe to assume there will not be another drawing.

Until a few days ago it didn't have anything about additional entries may be selected, it definitely didn't have it at the time of the first drawing, it seems odd that they would go through the trouble of updating the website just to include false information and give people false hope

yay if it says they might select then they will. it's true there was no such announcement at the beginning but now there is so they don't put it there for no reason. they probably believe they'll need more people to select which is good news for all the non-selected :)

Dv2014 migth be the last that is why the want to select more applicant don't ask me source of info.

Help

guys i need a slight help.
i sent my files to kcc through fedex and they confirmed the delivery on 3rd june 2013. then i emailed kcc to confirm my delivery. then i got back an email from them which just said that they have received my email. they did not mention anything about further proccessing of the documents. i'm quite sure i sent them the email with my correct case number, full name and date of birth.
so i'm confused whether everyone who inquires to kcc get similar sorts of email or am i the only one.
can anyone who emailed them say what kind of reply we them from kcc initially.
Plz help!!!

i sent my files to kcc through fedex and they confirmed the delivery on 3rd june 2013. then i emailed kcc to confirm my delivery. then i got back an email from them which just said that they have received my email. they did not mention anything about further proccessing of the documents. i'm quite sure i sent them the email with my correct case number, full name and date of birth.
so i'm confused whether everyone who inquires to kcc get similar sorts of email or am i the only one.
Plz help!!!

Relax, be patient. When I called them last year about whether they got my forms, they said they were getting about a thousand a day and that it would take at least a month before they got to mine after receiving it. Call them about mid-July to ease your mind but in the meantime, don't stress it. The DV thing is a whole bunch of waiting, get used to it.

And yes, their emails can be fairly useless - standard replies that are probably generated by a computer and sometimes they have nothing to do with your question. I preferred to call them.

Plz help!!!

I sent my forms 3 weeks back and DHL delivered that after 1 week,i called KCC yesterday to inquire about that and i talked to a lady she told me that my forms were received and it is being processed.So myabe yu shld call them to find out about your case

You 2014 DV guys should just chill and relax. There's nothing you guys can do once the KCC has informed you that your forms have been received and are being processed. It is actually fruitless to keep following up with them on the progress because you will keep receiving the same answer from them i.e. your documents have been received and are being processed. Please keep checking the visa bulletin etc.

Your DV will only start from October 1st onwards so the visa bulletin relevant to 2014 will be released in August 2013 for fiscal year October 1st 2013 to September 2014. Some of you people have to sit and wait for almost two years before you even become current (from the time you applied in October 2012 to the actual point in time you enter America) - (I have and many high case number people like me have).

What you people need to focus on is getting all your documents ready very very very early with the exception of the police certificate and medical checkups (check the validity of these in your respective countries) and start saving up all the money you earn!

And feel free to ask those of us who are already undergoing processing or have had our interviews or have interviews upcoming as we are here to guide you to the best of our ability.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not yet - expecting this by 18th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June latest.
Medicals - Scheduled for next week (week of 17th June) as soon as I receive my 2nd NL
Interviews - Hopefully in early August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in early August
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles