Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

I did another infopass in last friday of september and i was told that they are still waiting for a word from FBI. :(
Ironic thing is when i called FBI in late May they told me that they sent an answer back to USCIS.
This citizenship delay is taking major tolls on my family life and my business. :(

What number at the FBI did you call? From what I understand FBI NNCP team no longer responds to civilian inquiries they only respond to inquiries made by congressmen or the senators office.

You can always contact your local senators office and ask them to contact the FBI on your behalf.

received my notice yesterday. it says PD july 29th but online it says august 6th? whats up with that?

js360, can you be a bit more specific about the CCs and NDs? It doesn't help us when you say that you received a notice but we don't understand for what!. Thanks a lot

Received IL

Finally got my Interview letter yesterday.

Seattle, WA time lines
-------------------------------
Mailed N400 3/19/07
Notice Date 3/29/07
FP Scheduled for 4/29/2007
Interview Date: Nov 20th 2007
Oath: ??

Update-Interview experience

Congrats Samplat. Keep us posted. Do write about your interview/Oath experience.

Hi all:

I had my interview earlier this week as scheduled. Interviewer was very polite and prefessional. The overall experience was pleasant:
- verified answers under oath to some of the application questions (ever claimed to be US citizen, voting, supporting the US constitution, etc.)
- asked to read/write a simple sentence in English
- 6-8 questions that seemed to be directly from the citizenship prep guide

At the end, the interviewer gave a form saying I had met all the requirements.

Expecting official oath notice soon and will post details when available.

samplat, what was your timeline?

FlyingTurk, here's my timeline:

Mailed N400: 02/12/07
PD: 02/16/07
NOA: 02/23/07
Check cashed: 02/26/07
FP: 3/19/07 -- original date - rescheduled due to travel
FP: 4/20/07
IV letter: 8/25/07
IV date: 10/15/07

Hello Folks,

I have the interview scheduled for Nov 20th, 2007 at Tukwilla office in Seattle.

I have to travel to Canada on business during the week of Nov 26th which is just one week after the interview date.

I have couple of questions:

1. Can I travel after the interview is done and before the oath date?

2. How long do I have after the interview date and before oath date ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello Folks,

I have the interview scheduled for Nov 20th, 2007 at Tukwilla office in Seattle.

I have to travel to Canada on business during the week of Nov 26th which is just one week after the interview date.

I have couple of questions:

1. Can I travel after the interview is done and before the oath date?

2. How long do I have after the interview date and before oath date ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Skmami,

1. You can travel after the interview but will need to submit your travel details since interview on the oath appointment letter (it has a question about travel on the back).

2. Depends. If all is Ok, it can be the same or next week. If you are traveling, you should be able to request oath after a certain date.

Good luck!

finally a citizen!

My oath letter came in the mail much faster than expected (only a few days later), informing me to come in for oath on 10/23 afternoon.

The oath ceremony at the Seattle office took about 1 1/2 hours. After going through security, we were asked to turn in the oath ceremony letter with the questions completed on the back and greencard. Then everyone was led and seated in the auditorium. Family and friends can come as well and many were there.

Inside the auditorium, they collected reentry permits from people who had them and handed out N600 forms for those who had children under 18 automatically eligible for citizenship due to parent naturalization.

At around 3pm, the director led the swearing in, and then handed out certificates to everyone individually. The ceremony concluded with the pledge of allegiance at around 330pm.

By the way, I was talking with some other people while waiting in line, and looks like many people got interviewed last week and then got letters asking them to come in for oath this week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Timeline:

Mailed N400: 02/12/07
PD: 02/16/07
NOA: 02/23/07
Check cashed: 02/26/07
FP: 3/19/07 -- original date - rescheduled due to travel
FP: 4/20/07
IV letter: 8/25/07
IV date: 10/15/07
Oath ceremony: 10/23/07

so looks like your were right on schedule for 7 monhts if you had not rescheduled your fp which only pushed you back a monht, that is good news. congrats

went to ASC Seattle yesterday and completed my fingerprints. now its waiting time. im hoping no longer than 5 months.