Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Mine neither came. I started to be really restless and angry. It's almost 7 months and I still haven't heard anything. I wrote a letter to the Senator Murray's office in Seattle. They are still waiting for the answer from the USCIS too. I filed in April, by the way. I understand your frustration FlyingTerk because you have been waiting longer than I have. I still feel so unfortunate that some people got there in 3 to 4 months.

Questions on Travel

Hi, Folks:

Currently I am a greencard holder and in the process of naturalization.
I have the interview scheduled for Dec. 10th, 2007 at Tukwilla office in Seattle.

I plan to travel to Germany from Jan. 11 to Jan 18. 2008

I have a few questions:

1. If I pass the interview, will I be able to have US passport before my travel ?

2. If I did not pass interview, can I still travel to Germany and be able be to come back to US ?

Or If there is anything else I should be aware of, please also let me know.
Thanks a lot for your reply !

Hi, Folks:

Currently I am a greencard holder and in the process of naturalization.
I have the interview scheduled for Dec. 10th, 2007 at Tukwilla office in Seattle.

I plan to travel to Germany from Jan. 11 to Jan 18. 2008

I have a few questions:

1. If I pass the interview, will I be able to have US passport before my travel ?

2. If I did not pass interview, can I still travel to Germany and be able be to come back to US ?

Or If there is anything else I should be aware of, please also let me know.
Thanks a lot for your reply !

You'll still have to go to oath after interview. Depending on how soon they have oath after interview will determine how fast you can obtain passport.

If you don't pass interview, then you will can still travel as on your greencard as long as it's valid.

You'll still have to go to oath after interview. Depending on how soon they have oath after interview will determine how fast you can obtain passport.

Sure, I will go to oath after interview.
But it seems the Oath date normally is just one week after interview date, so in my case, it will be around Dec. 15-20. And then I can have my USA passport before Jan. 10.
Can someone let me know if I am right or not.

Thanks a lot !

Kid's Timeline
7/12/2007 N-400 Mailed to NSC
7/20/2007 Check cashed
8/25/2007 FP Scheduled
Waiting for interview

Sure, I will go to oath after interview.
But it seems the Oath date normally is just one week after interview date, so in my case, it will be around Dec. 15-20. And then I can have my USA passport before Jan. 10.
Can someone let me know if I am right or not.

Thanks a lot !

You're right Chen. In the passport matter, you can go to the passport office at the Federal building in downtown Seattle. They can get it done in 24 hours with extra fee, of course. Believe me, it's worth it. Follow the link below;

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_901.html

You have to have a prove that you will have to travel in 14 days: the ticket info will be enough. Make an appointment and go.

Up date on my N-400 case.

I just got a letter from Senater Murray's office regards my request about my N-400 case. The assigned officer from the Senator's office contacted Seattle CIS 2 weeks ago, and this is the CIS response "The namecheck is done. We have a several month backlog in our interview queue, so it's hard to say how long it will be before this one is scheduled." Did you see that, SEVERAL MONTHS? Then why did the USCIS said it's going to take them 7 months to process a N-400 case?

Don't they know that people have plans for their lives? That sometime they just can't wait around for the USCIS to work like a snail? I applied in April by the way. I know there are some people who applied before me and still haven't gotten their interview letter. My point is when they say 7 months, it should be 7 months not longer than that! My hubby is working overseas, it's hard that we have to live a part.

You're right Chen. In the passport matter, you can go to the passport office at the Federal building in downtown Seattle. They can get it done in 24 hours with extra fee, of course. Believe me, it's worth it. Follow the link below;

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_901.html

You have to have a prove that you will have to travel in 14 days: the ticket info will be enough. Make an appointment and go.

It's very helpful ! Thank you, Jirapan !

I just got a letter from Senater Murray's office regards my request about my N-400 case. The assigned officer from the Senator's office contacted Seattle CIS 2 weeks ago, and this is the CIS response "The namecheck is done. We have a several month backlog in our interview queue, so it's hard to say how long it will be before this one is scheduled." Did you see that, SEVERAL MONTHS? Then why did the USCIS said it's going to take them 7 months to process a N-400 case?

Don't they know that people have plans for their lives? That sometime they just can't wait around for the USCIS to work like a snail? I applied in April by the way. I know there are some people who applied before me and still haven't gotten their interview letter. My point is when they say 7 months, it should be 7 months not longer than that! My hubby is working overseas, it's hard that we have to live a part.

Jirapan,
I share the same frustration with you. To their credit though there is no way they can predict backlogs even though with some given parameters such as summer time IOs taking vacation time, etc.
I talked to my immi attorney today and they recommended that i should contact my senators. I guess i should have done that long time ago..

Jirapan : I got a similar response from Seattle CIS when I found out my Name Check was complete. It took them 2 weeks after that to schedule my interview and mail me an interview notice. So keep an eye on the mail box and yours should be one the way real soon.

FlyingTurk, I wish both of us a lot of luck!

Thanks Sachinphadke, that was very comforting. But look at your timeline! I think I shouldn't complain, eh ;-)

Here is my timeline;
Mailed N-400: 04/20/07
Priority Date: 04/23/07
Check cashed: 04/27/07
NOA1 date: 04/30/07
Recieved NOA1: 05/07/07
FP notice received: 05/14/07 (Notice Date 05/10/07)
FP date: 06/04/07
Interview letter received: not yet
Interview date:
Oath date:
Applied for Passport:
Passport Pickup:

Passport Question

Hi, Folks:

I am scheduled to take US citizenship interview on Dec. 8th, and is required to bring Passport with me to the interview. But I just find out that my Passport just expired one month ago !

Now my question is: will this expired passport still work ? or I MUST renew my passport before the interview ?

(yes, in order to renew my passport, I have to go to San Francisco to do it in person, that's why I am reluctant to do it.).

Could anyone help answer it ? Appreciate your inputs !

No need to renew the passport. During Naturaliaztion time, the passport is asked just to verify any trip taken outside the US so that eligibitlity for naturalization could be determined, and not for any other purpose unlike at the time of obtaining LPR. So, even though the passport in possession has been expirted, yet still it's good enough to serve the purpose of being asked.

Good luck....

Hi, Folks:

I am scheduled to take US citizenship interview on Dec. 8th, and is required to bring Passport with me to the interview. But I just find out that my Passport just expired one month ago !

Now my question is: will this expired passport still work ? or I MUST renew my passport before the interview ?

(yes, in order to renew my passport, I have to go to San Francisco to do it in person, that's why I am reluctant to do it.).

Could anyone help answer it ? Appreciate your inputs !

i have the same thing as above, but my interview not scheduled yet, but i am a canadian, my passport expired in april of this year, i did not renew because i was going to wait til i got my us citizenship and get my us passport. will this be a big deal