Search for I 485 cases

may01

Registered Users (C)
Guys
I am attaching it for every one. (I copied it from Jaideep Chitkara's mail). And it works.

After downloading it (excell spreadsheet) go to tools/ macros.
Then run macros after that it is self explanatory. As described by others, please clear cookies and do it on a sunday.

Prior to do any thing pray to the God and have a bottle of champagne ready.

help

Hi,
when i run it, it shows "could not start internetexplorer". what is this problem?
Thanks

start with internet explorer open

Try it with internet explorer open.
I do it with open never tried without it.

Hi,

I ran the script yesterday till it came up with "Access denied" message !. Now, I am not able to inquire the cases? Do you guys know how long I've to wait before I inquire again?

Thanks, VK

I think there is a 1000 numbers per IP address/cookie per day limit. Some one in this forum had posted that either you can delete your cookies everytime you get this message and can run it again, or try it the next day. Folks please share the results you find. Not that there is much going on in TSC but who knows.

tru:

No reason for asking. I have seen you as a very active member in this forum.

My RD/ND : 04/04/2002
FP : 05/06/2003

it still not work

I also tried with the internet explorer open, it still shows the same errer information "could not connect the internetexplorer". I think maybe i need to change some setting either in excel or explorer. Any expert can give me some advise. Thank you very much!

Jaideep Chitkara is the Guru

Jaideed Could you resolve this software problem for all of us.

I don't think it has anything to do with your Iexplorer open or not. Follow these steps
1. Open the spreadsheet
2. Delete the worksheet (src01-244), if you are going to run for 244, else you don't need to. - Mine is 244. You will have to do that for your case
3. Press Alt+F8, Click on Run, Input like this SRC01-244, fill yours info, click next, thn input the range 52200-52399. Don't give too wide range. If it finds invalid receipt numbers one after another, your IP address will be locked and you will be able o run your query only next day.

Hope it helps.

Jai

Good work

Today I tried this macro since my wife had trouble getting it to work. First you have to enable the macros. Probably Excel on our
PC had macros enabled. I closed Excel after opening the .xls
file and reopened it, and enabld macros on the pop up and
ran it for SRC-139 for 51000-52000. Most of the
cases with ND in '02 or '03 are approved. All the '01 cases are
pending. It looks like Pre 9/11/01 cases are a great concern for
TSC.

Good job on the macro!

Hi Guys,
We searched 1000 cases. 50 were I485 cases. Out of 50 ,20 are approved. Out of 20 approved 16 2002 cases (all of 2002) and 4 --2003 cases are approved. All of 2001 cases are pending.
This is our observation.
Further in SRC01171 and src01172 also 2001 cases are pending. 2002 cases are approved.

KennyGH please check whether your case# is appearing in the macro if yours was filed in 2001 and got approved.

Anybody has any ideas as to what to do about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
The macro contains either the ND or AD. So my observation that 02 cases are approved is not correct. If anyone on this board in The range SRC 0113951000-src0113952000 is approved please contact me . I would like to figure out on what basis date does TSC approve I 485.
This info can help lot of people on this board feel better.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being more precise with the macro results

The results of the macro indicate the Notification date or approval
or some other processing date. Some ranges (ND must be in '01 )
that we checked indicate approvals even as late as 3/14/03 or even May/03. Two earlier observations posted here should
be corrected to reflect this inference.

MAC os

i have some problem about running the macro in excel for MAC OSx. i got "could not open InetnetExplorer" please anyone help.
or could anyone who can run the script please check out "SRC02097xxxxx" for me?
THX! in advance :)