Schengen Visa: Anyone ever got in less than a week?

Pinkie

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting anxiously for my re-entry permit. My problem is that I am running out of time. Tried to get an appointment for the French Consulate/embassy and the next appointment available is on june 17th, I had intended to be there on the 17th, now my plans are really crazieee mixed. I am not sure if i will be able to get a Schengen Visa at this point... Anyone has tips that could expedite my visa request once i GET my Re-entry permit (positive thinking here).

I was just at the French consulate in Houston, TX on the 15th. If you have a green card and re-entry permit, they stamp visas on the spot, no wait time.

In my case, I had RTD and they said it takes 12 days because RTD says Refugee (exact quote, no kidding), so I'm still waiting, but she said not to worry, it'll be ready on the 28th and FedEx'ed to me. My trip's coming up on the 3rd, so it's kinda hard not to worry actually. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks ginger. I really hope I can get my Re-Entry ASAP. I may have to enter from another Schegen Country to qualify to apply for visa from that country. Not sure which one. I know it's not Italian, they are not very kind to people.

My brother got a Dutch visa on his RTD in about 4 days. I, on the other hand, got the same visa in almost a month! I think it's because he works, and I am a student... crazy.

Thanks ginger. I really hope I can get my Re-Entry ASAP. I may have to enter from another Schegen Country to qualify to apply for visa from that country. Not sure which one. I know it's not Italian, they are not very kind to people.

I don't know what you mean by this exactly, but once you are in the Schengen zone, they won't give you a Schengen visa. You have to apply for it here. You have to apply for it at the consulate/embassy of the country that is your main destination.

Pinkie, you should be careful on schengens visa. Last year I got a Greece Visa but went to Germany. At the POE, the officer asked me where I was going to which I replied Greece(as I was going there in few days and showed him proof) but then i asked him why does it matter.

His answer was that if I use greece schengen visa to stay in Germany for the entire trip, they wouldn't have liked it and may have barred me from entry.

So be careful.

Pinkie, you should be careful on schengens visa. Last year I got a Greece Visa but went to Germany. At the POE, the officer asked me where I was going to which I replied Greece(as I was going there in few days and showed him proof) but then i asked him why does it matter.

His answer was that if I use greece schengen visa to stay in Germany for the entire trip, they wouldn't have liked it and may have barred me from entry.

So be careful.

Thanks! I am going to spend equal amounts of time in different current give or take a day. For the other question. I was thinking about the fact that they say you should get your schegen visa from the consulate that will be your port of entry, if you are staying in those countries for a equal time. If you are not sure where you will stay longest, the one you should go to is the one you will stay longest.

Well, as the French consulate promised, I received my visa stamped into the RTD 12 days after the interview with FedEx (they had me fill out the self-addressed label there), tomorrow I'm traveling for the first time after receiving my green card, should be interesting :)

The agent at the consulate told me I was free to go to ANY of the Schengen zone countries. She cautioned me that it was a single entry so, I shouldn't venture to countries outside the zone. But she said I was ok to travel to any of the countries in the zone! really great experience!

Oh you got the visa already? How come you didn't ask for a multiple entry visa? You probably won't go in and out of the Schengen zone, but I think it's always safe to get one, if you can. For example, if you decide to go to Switzerland in-between, you'll have to hope that they don't check at the border (which happens on very rare occasions). But, anyway, congratulations.

My plans are very limited to a few countries. I will only go to 3 Schegen countries, which is cool!

Hello, I'm back from my trip to France and Turkey. Everything went great, no questions asked at all at ANY of the entry ports. On the way back, in Atlanta, I just showed my green card and RTD, the customs officer only asked how long did I stay in Europe and then said "welcome home" and stamped my RTD. This was so simple, I don't know why I worried so much :)

How was getting the Turkish visa?

I got mine mailed to me via prepaid FedEx envelope the next day. The lady at the Houston consulate told me they'd give me visa right away, but the consul was in a meeting and it was nearing the end of the day. I live 6 hours away from the consulate and couldn't stay there overnight, so that's why they mailed it to me. They're very pleasant at that particular consulate.

I just got back from my 3 week vacation to Europe. Had a blast! Did not have any problem with my Travel document. I will say this however, i got in through Germany, that was my point of entry into the EU, the lady who checked me in, didn't know how to deal with Re-entry permit, it was addressed within 2mins and I was in, traveled without any problems. Coming back the Danish check in person was also unclear as to how to address it, because i guess the US requests a lot of info, took maybe 5 mins to get an experienced member to enter the data. All was done and then off to the US. My port of Entry was pretty standard, how long was your visit? and then stamped and off to my connecting flight! And to think i have this document for 2 years! I love love love Paris! Everything it is + more!