Santa Ana (OC), CA Time Line

ocworker

Registered Users (C)
Santa Ana, CA, Time Line.

Hi there, I know there has a great thread for time line in Los Angeles. I wonder if people live in OC area which have experiences with Santa Ana DO and can share with the timeline and experience?

Any helps would be very helpful and I found out this forum is very helpful.

my time line
N400 mailed: 3/8/05
N400 Received: 3/9/05
PD: 3/9/05
FP notice recived: 4/14/05
FP: 4/27/05
interview: pending....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview at the Santa Ana office almost a month ago.
Waited about 30 min before being called. Interview started with the officer giving me one page with 10 questions from the 100 standard and asking me to verbally answer them. I then had to write a sentence in English.
She proceeded to go over my application and spend extra time on the periods outside US while trying to match the stamps on my passport. They had to match exactly before moving on to the next topic on the application. Interview took almost 30 minutes after which she gave the form which basically says to wait for the oath ceremony notice. As of today I have not received my notice and I am wondering if I'll be inluded in the mid-May or end of May ceremonies...

Here is my timeline:

N400 mailed: 11/29/04
N400 Received: 12/1/04
PD: 12/1/04
FP: 1/6/04
interview: 3/29/05

Santa Ana, OC, CA Timeline

Submitted 11/24/04
Priority Date 11/26/04
Fingerprint 12/24/04
Interview 03/28/05 (The interview lasted less than 15 minutes. Any Qs please post your message. I will provide minute details of the interview.)
Oath Ceremony Notice 04/18/05
Oath Ceremony Scheduled for 05/13/05

Both my wife and I sent our applications together. We had our interviews on the same day (03/28/05), and received the oath notices same day (04/18/05) as well. We are extremely excited to become US Citizens. We consider it our honor and previlege. This is the greatest country in the world. Go USA!

iluvusa said:
Submitted 11/24/04
Priority Date 11/26/04
Fingerprint 12/24/04
Interview 03/28/05 (The interview lasted less than 15 minutes. Any Qs please post your message. I will provide minute details of the interview.)
Oath Ceremony Notice 04/18/05
Oath Ceremony Scheduled for 05/13/05

Both my wife and I sent our applications together. We had our interviews on the same day (03/28/05), and received the oath notices same day (04/18/05) as well. We are extremely excited to become US Citizens. We consider it our honor and previlege. This is the greatest country in the world. Go USA!

Seems like things moved very fast in your case. I only had my interview a day later than you and I am still waiting for the notice. Have you been able to check the status online? I have a receipt number that starts with WSC and my case does not seem to be in the system.

Checking Status On-Line

Once the application is transferred from the Service Center, you can't check status On-Line anymore. Infact, we couldn't check status anytime either On-Line or over the phone even earlier!

FYI, the following are the next oath ceremony dates. The number before Time represents the number of people scheduled for oath ceremony. It is likley you may get either May 26 or June 16/23 dates. Good luck with your case. Keep me posted of your status. As soon as our oath ceremony is done, I'll post the experience.

May 19, 2005 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
May 26, 2005 (Thu.) Fairplex (Pomona) 3,500 9:00 a.m.
May 26, 2005 (Thu.) Fairplex (Pomona) 3,500 1:30 p.m.
June 16, 2005 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
June 23, 2005 (Thu.) LACC 3,500 9:00 a.m.
June 23, 2005 (Thu.) LACC 3,500 2:00 p.m.
July 1, 2005 (Fri.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.

mandeson said:
I had my interview at the Santa Ana office almost a month ago.
Waited about 30 min before being called. Interview started with the officer giving me one page with 10 questions from the 100 standard and asking me to verbally answer them. I then had to write a sentence in English.
She proceeded to go over my application and spend extra time on the periods outside US while trying to match the stamps on my passport. They had to match exactly before moving on to the next topic on the application. Interview took almost 30 minutes after which she gave the form which basically says to wait for the oath ceremony notice. As of today I have not received my notice and I am wondering if I'll be inluded in the mid-May or end of May ceremonies...

Here is my timeline:

N400 mailed: 11/29/04
N400 Received: 12/1/04
PD: 12/1/04
FP: 1/6/04
interview: 3/29/05

thanks for your timeline and i hope you will get the oath letter soon.
going to santa ana Application support centre on Wed to give finger print.
seem your case and iluvusa's case are fast.

I notice the online processing time line which it is processing around Oct15,2004, but you two PDs were in Nov and Dec. Seem very quick.

you mentioned the interviewer reviewed all stamps on your passport. I do not get the passport stamped if I travel to my home country. I think I better get all travel agendas for previous trips. i just hope i can find them :(

by the way, where was the address / location which you all had interview in Santa Ana?

By the way, can you tell me your experiences with the interview officers in Santa Ana? Nice? professional?

Edit (2): can't find any travel agenda for my personal trip. Only found some travel agenda related with the business travel :( cross my fingers i hope i won't be picked on the travel dates..

Hi,

Submitted 02/17/04
Priority Date 02/19/04
Fingerprint 03/27/04
Interview 08/27/04
Oath Ceremony Scheduled for 05/13/05 in Montebello

Also, iluvusa, I saw you knew how many people were scheduled for the oath ceremonies, do you know how many are scheduled for Montebello on the 13th? Any special recommendations?

Thanks!

some of the cases move slow and some cases move fast. i hope my case would be moving fast forward.

d_plazas: congrat on your oath in May :)

Ocworker, Need details when you got thr receipt notice?

Here are my details:
Mailed N-400 application to CSC on 04/11/2005 by Certified Mail with return Receipt. District office is Los Angeles.
CSC received and stamped the return receipt notice (for Certified mail ) on 04/15/2005
Checks for $390 cashed on 04/21/2005.
Unfortunately, my bank does not show check images on Internet banking.
I have to wait to get the physical check in the mail some time after 05/08/2005.
I am yet to receive my Receipt notices. I do not have my Case number right now.
How much time did you have to wait before you got receipt notice from CSC?
Please let me know.
Thanks
- Simi Dude

ocworker said:
Hi there, I know there has a great thread for time line in Los Angeles. I wonder if people live in OC area which have experiences with Santa Ana DO and can share with the timeline and experience?

Any helps would be very helpful and I found out this forum is very helpful.

my time line
N400 mailed: 3/8/05
N400 Received: 3/9/05
PD: 3/9/05
FP notice recived: 4/14/05
FP: 4/27/05
interview: pending....

ocworker said:
thanks for your timeline and i hope you will get the oath letter soon.
going to santa ana Application support centre on Wed to give finger print.
seem your case and iluvusa's case are fast.

I notice the online processing time line which it is processing around Oct15,2004, but you two PDs were in Nov and Dec. Seem very quick.

you mentioned the interviewer reviewed all stamps on your passport. I do not get the passport stamped if I travel to my home country. I think I better get all travel agendas for previous trips. i just hope i can find them :(

by the way, where was the address / location which you all had interview in Santa Ana?

By the way, can you tell me your experiences with the interview officers in Santa Ana? Nice? professional?

Edit (2): can't find any travel agenda for my personal trip. Only found some travel agenda related with the business travel :( cross my fingers i hope i won't be picked on the travel dates..

Interview addess was:
34 Civic Center Plaza
Federal Building
Santa Ana, CA. 92701

Interview experience depends on the officer. Best advice I can give you is don't volunteer information. Answer what you are asked and review the answers on your application prior to going in. Know your 100 standard questions and make sure you can explain the dates you were out of the country.

d_plazas said:
Hi,

Submitted 02/17/04
Priority Date 02/19/04
Fingerprint 03/27/04
Interview 08/27/04

Also, iluvusa, I saw you knew how many people were scheduled for the oath ceremonies, do you know how many are scheduled for Montebello on the 13th? Any special recommendations?

Thanks!

Any reasons why it's taken them so long to schedule you for the oath ceremony?

simidude said:
Here are my details:
Mailed N-400 application to CSC on 04/11/2005 by Certified Mail with return Receipt. District office is Los Angeles.
CSC received and stamped the return receipt notice (for Certified mail ) on 04/15/2005
Checks for $390 cashed on 04/21/2005.
Unfortunately, my bank does not show check images on Internet banking.
I have to wait to get the physical check in the mail some time after 05/08/2005.
I am yet to receive my Receipt notices. I do not have my Case number right now.
How much time did you have to wait before you got receipt notice from CSC?
Please let me know.
Thanks
- Simi Dude

i think i got the first notice with my PD in 2 weeks or so. in about 4-5 weeks, i received the FP notice. i will post the correct date when i get home tonight

mandeson said:
Interview addess was:
34 Civic Center Plaza
Federal Building
Santa Ana, CA. 92701

Interview experience depends on the officer. Best advice I can give you is don't volunteer information. Answer what you are asked and review the answers on your application prior to going in. Know your 100 standard questions and make sure you can explain the dates you were out of the country.

i did not report the traffic ticket on n-400 and i plan to bring all the court copies with me. so i should not volunteer info to them up front??

My talk with a National Service Center Rep

When I called the National Service Center they told me the following
1) N 400 receipt notices mailed within 20 days from the Service Center
2) If it is more than 30 days after you mail was received by CSC and you have not received a receiipt notice with a case number, then the National Service center will initiate a check on the application. They told me to call after May 12, 2005 ( for my case)
3) Finger Prints - can come any time. Not neceesarily have to happen immediately . I also seee everybody getiing a FP apointment in 1 - 1.5 months after they mail the application. I
4) Case status may NOT be available (some times) from the web site. The reason being the cases are adjudicated by local offices and most of them DO NOT have the capability for Internet Case Check Status.
5) Right now, it is taking up to six months for Los Angeles District Office to process N-400 applications.

This all i heard from a very patient rep from National Center this after noon, when I made a phone enquiry about my receipt notice.

My case details -
District office - Los Angeles
Mailed application to CSC on April 11
received by CSC APril 15
Check cashed by CSC April 21
No receipt notice so far and no FP notice so far

Let me know of any questions or if I can be of further help.

:)
ocworker said:
i think i got the first notice with my PD in 2 weeks or so. in about 4-5 weeks, i received the FP notice. i will post the correct date when i get home tonight

Oath Ceremony @ Montebello

d_plazas said:
Hi,

Submitted 02/17/04
Priority Date 02/19/04
Fingerprint 03/27/04
Interview 08/27/04

Thanks!

The Quiet Cannon Montebello is a banquet hall located high on the beautiful and lush Montebello Country Club associated with Montebello Municipal Golf Course. A total of 2700 people (900 each @ 9am, 1130am, & 2pm) are scheduled to be naturalized on May 13. Please check out the route carefully as to how to get there. It is really confusing if you're coming from either 5N/5S. Make sure to show up at the venue by much earlier than 10AM if your are scheduled for 1130AM [ 730am or before if it is 9am /1230pm or before if it is 2PM]. Congratulations and Best Wishes on one of the most important days of your life!

i just had my finger prints this morning at 1666 n. main street in santa ana. luckiy i was there early so i could be getting in and getting out sooner. they opened the front door at 8, however, we were waiting at the other entry and we got in about 15 mins before 8 and sat down; filled out forms. etc

Now, i just have to wait for the interview notice, and hope my name check will be cleared asap.

My Time Lines so far

My Time Line
District Office - Los Angeles
Service Center - CSC
N 400 Mailed - 04/11/2005
N 400 received - 04/15/2005
Check cashed - 04/21/2005
Priority Date - 04/15/2005
Notice Date - 04/25/2005
Finger Print Notice Date -
Finger Print Date -
Interview Date -
Oath Date -

snowboarder said:
Sorry guys for a (maybe) stupid question, but can you tell me who goes where in Los Angeles area?
We all send applications to Laguna Niguel, where can I check where my application will be forwarded to?
I guess it's based on my address. Any link for that?
I picked my GC at Westminster, had FP taken in West LA, it's all around the place.
Would love to avoid the main LA office...

have you tried to post the question to a big thread about "los angeles timeline"?

i believe the DO is based on your address on your N400.

Does automated meesage change after Figer Printing request is sent out?

Questions for OC worker and others?

Does the automated message change (for the N400 application) after the USCIS sends finger printing request. Pl let me know thanks