San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

blues_traveler said:
One thing of interest would be that initially the officer balked at our I-864 Affidavit of Support filing. Apparently, the sponsored cannot solely use his or her income to sponsor himself/herself, inspite of what the instruction for the form might suggest.

So does that mean, My husband can not support me with his salary? :eek:
I am working but my salary is not enough to sponsor my husband so we have used his salary to support me. Can we not do that??? :confused:
Please help.

Romit,

Were you informed when your case was submitted to the FBI for background check. Mine was submitted in September. It might give the other person a reference point in case one of ours goes thru.

blues

blues_traveler said:
Romit,

Were you informed when your case was submitted to the FBI for background check. Mine was submitted in September. It might give the other person a reference point in case one of ours goes thru.

blues

Yes, he did tell us. It was in august, 2004.

Amishah,

From what I remember, the officer said that the it was okay for the sponsor to supplement his/her income with that of the income of the sponsored. But the sponsor cannot use just the income of the sponsored (ie. no income of self).

Anyways, I am not a legal expert. Please contact a lawyer if you have concerns.

blues

How long does it take !!

Romit and Blues:

First of all congrats for getting through ur respectives interviews, I never understood why the heck it takes FBI more than 6 months to do just the name check....Talk about putting a Man on Mars !!

Akshat.

Let us know ....when things do move forward until then guys keep ur fingers crossed...

Next Procedure ?

Blues:

What's next after you were told that ur case is pending FBI name check? Did the interviewing officer told you what to do next or just keep waiting? Will u be informed by BCIS or you have to keep checking in ? If ur name check goes through do you have to go to local san jose BCIS office to get the final approval ? In effect what I am wondering how will this work... I am sure BCIS people don't have enough time to keep interviewing people again and again.

Please elaborate...

Thanks

Akshat

akshat11 said:
Blues:

What's next after you were told that ur case is pending FBI name check? Did the interviewing officer told you what to do next or just keep waiting? Will u be informed by BCIS or you have to keep checking in ? If ur name check goes through do you have to go to local san jose BCIS office to get the final approval ? In effect what I am wondering how will this work... I am sure BCIS people don't have enough time to keep interviewing people again and again.

Please elaborate...

Thanks

Akshat

In my case, officer told me that once they receive the clerance from FBI, USCIS will issue an approval letter. There won't be any further interview. The GC will arrive after two weeks from the approval letter.

However, the officer also mentioned that they can't guarantee how long it will take. That's the catch. I know it is going to be another painful process because I have seen on this forum many people waiting for months.

Romit

Just a Query !

GeorgeF:

Could you please tell us when did your wife go for finger printing for her AOS application and as far as name check is concerned ....Did she ever even once travelled outside the country before filing for AOS....the reason I am asking you this is, it is possible that if you go out of country your name check takes more time then if you don't as your name doesn't exist on database.

I may be wrong...

Thanks

Akshat

Same here. The approval letter is supposed to come in the mail.

The thing that scared me was when the officer said that it would take atmost until September to recieve the FBI approval. But if nothing happens by then, they shall resubmit the paperwork to the FBI in Sept. So it could as well mean many years of waiting.

to atbaig

Baig, have you received interview letter yet? When you do, please do post it here to share with us.

I've posted my timeline above. My receipt date was 6/22/2004. According to the latest processing date released by SJ office, it's July 18, 2005 for I-485.

Why haven't I received mine? :confused: :(

Anyone else who has a receipt date in June 2004? Please post your timeline.
Thanks.

No Interview yet

luckky,
My filing date is May 6, 2004
Receipt date is June 2, 2004

No Interview yet. I visited BCIS san jose and they said everycase is different and I haven't been scheduled for interview yet.

Baig

Green card in 3 months in Dallas

As the title says, it is ironic how the heck can it work....here at san jose they can't even get the name check done in under 6 months and people are getting their GC's in 3 months in Dallas....Looks like Dallas really rocks....Or do they have a separate queue for name check? ...

Akshat

akshat11 said:
As the title says, it is ironic how the heck can it work....here at san jose they can't even get the name check done in under 6 months and people are getting their GC's in 3 months in Dallas....Looks like Dallas really rocks....Or do they have a separate queue for name check? ...

Akshat

If you follow the thread about "3 months in Dallas" in this forum, you would know quite a few people there stuck in the name check as well, they could not get the GC in 3 months unless the name check could be cleared within that time frame.

waiting for Name Check

Guys

I have been waiting for FBI name check approval since May 2004. Is there anyone else in the same boat? How does one check the status of the application. I only have an A# no WAC. I have been trying to call the INS 800 number but they need a 13 digit to do an application check.

Thanks

interview letter came in today

atbaig said:
luckky,
My filing date is May 6, 2004
Receipt date is June 2, 2004

No Interview yet. I visited BCIS san jose and they said everycase is different and I haven't been scheduled for interview yet.

Baig

Baig, i just received my interview letter today. The interview date is 2/9/2005.

i was thinking that you probably will be receiving yours pretty soon (maybe
within the week). Similar to what happened when i got my receipt notice in
last July, you got yours approximately at the same time (a couple of days
later than me).

Good luck to all of us! :)

anil24 said:
Guys

I have been waiting for FBI name check approval since May 2004. Is there anyone else in the same boat? How does one check the status of the application. I only have an A# no WAC. I have been trying to call the INS 800 number but they need a 13 digit to do an application check.

Thanks

There is no WAC number for us who filed I-485 (thru marriage) at local INS
office. i guess that the only thing you can do now is to make an appointment
via InfoPass and go there make an inquiry...

Good luck!!!

Got a receipt!

I finally got a receipt for my AOS package from San Jose CIS office.
It took about 5 weeks to get a receipt now.
Here is my time line.

10/16/2004 Dropped off the package at San Jose CIS office
12/ 9/2004 The package was returned to me due to a missing document
12/10/2004 Dropped off the package at San Jose CIS office again.
1/19/ 2005 EAD and travel document got approved!

No Interview yet

Luccky,
I still haven't received any interview letter yet. Congratulations.

Baig

FBI Namecheck

I found these phone numbers on the web:

FBI Fingerprint Status: 304-625-2000
FBI Name Check Status: 202-324-3625

I tried calling the name check status number, but couldn't get thru.

- blues

Try to write to a Local Congress man

Blues:

I understand how tiring and frustrating wait for your name check to go through can become, especially when its open ended, nobody knows how long it takes. I have read on different posts here and kinda figured as many other people do in similar situation to get your USC spouse to write to a local Congress man/woman, requesting him/her to find out about the name check process and what they can do to expedite this whole procedure. See if it works, Otherwise there are very few options left in this case except to keep waiting.

Akshat