San Jose Interview Tracker

gc_watcher said:
The list of documents that I have been asked to produce reads something like this:

a. Passport/official ID medical exam letters
b. Current EVL for you , the petitioner and the co-sponsor
c. original and 1 copy of income tax forms and W2 for 3 yrs
d. Original marriage cert, insurance policy, rental aggrements, bank statements etc.
e. wedding photos ando ther evidence to establish marriage is bonafide

Now my questions ...
a. Are these items standard for an EB2 application? Has anybody else got such a list for an EB2/3 case?
b. I dont have the medical exam results. I submitted the sealed envelopes with the 485 application. Do I need to talk to the doctor and get copies?
thanks

All the documents mentioned above are standard DOCS required during EB2/EB3 cases.

gc_watcher said:
Now my questions ...
a. Are these items standard for an EB2 application? Has anybody else got such a list for an EB2/3 case?
b. I dont have the medical exam results. I submitted the sealed envelopes with the 485 application. Do I need to talk to the doctor and get copies?
thanks

a. This is the standard stuff you need to bring. They send this list to everyone, regardless of what actually prompted the interview (in EB anyway, family based is different).

b. If your medical exams were completed, then you don't have to bring anything. They will have the sealed envelopes that you sent in. This is mainly intended for those who have incomplete medical exams, and wish to bring in the completed ones.

gc_watcher said:
The list of documents that I have been asked to produce reads something like this:

a. Passport/official ID medical exam letters
b. Current EVL for you , the petitioner and the co-sponsor
c. original and 1 copy of income tax forms and W2 for 3 yrs
d. Original marriage cert, insurance policy, rental aggrements, bank statements etc.
e. wedding photos ando ther evidence to establish marriage is bonafide

My Interview scheduled 1/25/2005. I did get same list of documents asked to produce....

ALL, Mine is straight forward case. The only fear is that Rental Agreement because I live in Baltimore. My question is "Do all officers ask for Rental Agreements?

The purpose of the rental agreement is to prove that the marriage is bona fide. If you have sufficient other documentation, it would probably not be a problem if you didn't have a rental agreement at all. My attourney didn't even list the rental agreement in his revised requirements for me.

Why do you think living in baltimore will be an issue?

ishturkish said:
The purpose of the rental agreement is to prove that the marriage is bona fide. If you have sufficient other documentation, it would probably not be a problem if you didn't have a rental agreement at all. My attourney didn't even list the rental agreement in his revised requirements for me.

Why do you think living in baltimore will be an issue?

In the standard list of documents they asked me to bring on that day includes a copy of Rental Agreements. Generally for this purpose everybody show Rental Agreements, if i show some other documents they will definitely ask me about R Agreements.

All,
Is there somebody who got interview letter and his/her 485 was filed before Apriil 2004?
I am wondering which date determines the interview, filing date or transfered date?
Please advise.

photo requirements

I see some posting mentioning that the photo requirements for GC have changed. I have submitted the "standard" format, i.e: sideways facing photograph. Do I need to carry a regular set of frontal photos for my 485 interview next week?? Any quick help greatly welcomed. :confused:

interview letter

I got notice from sjc. On the letter it indicates that
"the interview will be video typed". Does it apply
to everyone? or I am a special case.

Thanks,

gc_watcher,

The officer did not take new photos from me during the interview. I did take them as per new specs but he said the ones in file (side facing) are fine.

HurricaneBay said:
gc_watcher,

The officer did not take new photos from me during the interview. I did take them as per new specs but he said the ones in file (side facing) are fine.

Similarly, when we were interviewed, the officer was holding the form with our picture sent 3 years ago with the application, we were even afraid of asking, thinking he knows the rules and may be annoyed by me quoting the new rules. We did take the new pictures just in case, (those $5 pics from costco is really no comparison to the ones I paid more than twice to get at professional shop, but we are getting cheap after 3 rounds of new pictures and filing fees for EAD, AP already), plus the past 3 years of torturing ( I mean it), we really aged quite a lot, so we kind of prefer the old pictures when we were were young.

Went for interview on 21st Jan 2005. The officer took my Frontal View Passport Photo after the interview was completed.

you mean the office took your photo for GC?
Did you get stamp on passport? or you have
to wait for the approval notice by mail?

Thnaks.,

I had to wait for approval via mail. I got my approval yesterday. Have to get appointment via Infopass to get my PP Stamped.

interview

I had interview on 19th and they went through all documents and asked for an updated Birth certificate as the original translation was belong to few years ago. They told me verbally that I am approved and as soon as they get the new translation of BC, they will post the approval, which takes about 2 weeks. I send the documents the next day, and did not get anything sofar (10 days past). Hopefully next week.....

I received the plastic card last weekend, only 3 weeks from the interview date, it is really fast, no clue why they make people suffer so long before, the side view picture taken 3 years ago was in the card. The message online did change showing card ordered and mailed, with the old I-485 receipt #.

FYI,
Just received the interview letter...
I have received the interview letter in: Jan 31st 2005
The interview is scheduled for: Feb 24th 2005
Transfer date (per online message): Nov 11th 2004
AOS RD: August 2004

greenercard,
That is very good news.
The SJC is processing case filed before Aug 2004. Even though that is for fimaly based cases, I guess it is still meaningful for transfered case.
I wish mine will come in following several days.
Thanks,

Got my approval letter

I got my approval letter yesterday. It says you are being processed for an alien registration card (which probably means GC) which will be mailed to you within the next few months. I got infopass today to have it stamp in my passport.
My online staus did not change though still saying your cased trns....
:)

Plastic card

Has anyone now that the plastic card (GC) come as registered mail? or normal mail? I mean has anyone need to sign for it? Please post your reply.