San Jose Interview Tracker

I just got a letter from the CSC stating that my file was transferred to LA district office. I'm not sure what the hell is going on. I hope this is another mistake, and they meant SJC. The sad part is that it was sent on Sept. 13th. It will be catastrophic if it is true. I don't know why they would send it to LA if I am in SJC.

This is such a mess.

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it is a mistake man. It does not make any sense to send your file to LA. Did you tell your lawyer about it?

Good luck!

Canarian said:
I just got a letter from the CSC stating that my file was transferred to LA district office. I'm not sure what the hell is going on. I hope this is another mistake, and they meant SJC. The sad part is that it was sent on Sept. 13th. It will be catastrophic if it is true. I don't know why they would send it to LA if I am in SJC.

This is such a mess.

Hello,

For what it's worth, I have used Mr. Ed Litwin. He really is an excellent attorney!

I had started with a different attorney, paid the full package price, and thereafter received a NOID on my i-140. I switched to Mr. Litwin, who was superb in getting me past that.

Only downside was, since I didn't have the package deal with him, I had to pay him by the hour. But frankly, looking back at it, he was worth every penny and more - and it was the best thing I could have done. We've all paid through our noses to get through this. I'm sure many people who've been in this boat would prefer to pay a competent professional like Mr. Litwin to get the job done.

Canarian said:
Here are the names of some attorney. I ahev no idea if they are any good.
Lucy Fong Lee
Fallon, Bixby, Cheng & Lee
130 Battery St., 4th Fl.
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 781-2338

Edward Litwin
Litwin & Associates, ALC
1435 Huntington Ave., #336
So. San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 588-7100

Marc Van Der Hout
Van Der Hout & Brigagliano
180 Sutter Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 981-3000

Robert Werner
Werner & Associates
690 Market St., Suite 1006
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 981-7932

If I were you I would take as many documents as possible, but would not show them unless asked. Only the new photos are accepted since Sept.

Not sure about the rest of your questions.

When was your file transfered? and how long later did you get the letter and when is the interview?

Received interview letter from SJ, scheduled for october 27. File was transferred from VSC on september 2.

good luck to everyone

Congrats. This is great news. It makes me think there is hope. Did you just receive the letter? What did they ask for? Also, was your FP current?

Thanks for the good news. Wish you luck my friend.

Got my interview

Friends,

I got my interview today set for Oct 27th. It came just in time as I was getting into depression over this thing. I'll be losing my job in Nov. so i got this just in time.

I also got my finger print notice and I took care of it today.

I-485 RD: April 2002
File transferred to SJC: Aug 24th
File received by SJC: Sept 8th
Interview notice received: Sept. 30th
Interview: Oct. 27th
2nd FP notice received: Sept 30th.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

Congrats my friend. I am really happy for you.

Hopefully the interview will be smooth then you will get your green card on the 27th of October.

I have the same RD like you and my file was transferred to SJC on September 7 so I am hopeful to hear something soon about my interview.

Good luck to you!

Good news, Canarian. I wish you all the best.

Btw, how did you check when SJ Office received your file?

What sort of docs have they asked to bring to interview?

Did you file with some derivative applics, and did theirs get transferred to?

Are you going to take a lawyer?

Thanks.

I went there and asked. Also, i had received a response letter to my inquiry on my file prior to transfer. the letter stated that my file was transferred to LA. This concerned both myself and my lawyer. When we contacted the CSC they asked for a copy of this letter, and then informed me that the file was received by SJC on Sept 8th.

They've sent me a standard letter asking bunch of documents from my co-sponser, and wedding photos. I'm not even married. So the only applicable ones are my passport, originals of docs, and W2s for 3 years +EVL.

I'm not sure what you mean by derivative. 5 years in the process and I still don't have the terms down!!

I'm not planning to take my lawyer. Thats expensive. besides from what I've read they sit there quietly and you answer everything. I will go prepared and I think I have the presence of mind. However, i will have my lawyer look over my stuff, but I want lawyer up for my meeting.

GC1881: I told you brother. Our files are very similar. Expect to get your within the next 2 weeks. God willing!! I don't know if you got to do Fp or not. If so, make sure you don't have cuts on your finger. One guy got rejected today because of blister he got while cooking. It was funny and sad at the same time. It took only 20 mins for the entire FP process.

My FP is current. I did it on August 17 so no problem there.

Canarian said:
I went there and asked. Also, i had received a response letter to my inquiry on my file prior to transfer. the letter stated that my file was transferred to LA. This concerned both myself and my lawyer. When we contacted the CSC they asked for a copy of this letter, and then informed me that the file was received by SJC on Sept 8th.

They've sent me a standard letter asking bunch of documents from my co-sponser, and wedding photos. I'm not even married. So the only applicable ones are my passport, originals of docs, and W2s for 3 years +EVL.

I'm not sure what you mean by derivative. 5 years in the process and I still don't have the terms down!!

I'm not planning to take my lawyer. Thats expensive. besides from what I've read they sit there quietly and you answer everything. I will go prepared and I think I have the presence of mind. However, i will have my lawyer look over my stuff, but I want lawyer up for my meeting.

GC1881: I told you brother. Our files are very similar. Expect to get your within the next 2 weeks. God willing!! I don't know if you got to do Fp or not. If so, make sure you don't have cuts on your finger. One guy got rejected today because of blister he got while cooking. It was funny and sad at the same time. It took only 20 mins for the entire FP process.

Case transfered to San Jose

I got online message that my case also transfered to San jose and I will get a letter for interview.
I485>>Sept 2002
1st FP>>NOV 2002
2nd FP>>31 Aug 2004>>received 2nd of Sept
cased transfer to san jose >>30th of Sept

Any idea when will be my appointment?

I got transferred on September 7 and I am still waiting for the letter. But when you read this thread, you will see that the average in San jose is 2-3 months so it is not too bad.

Good luck!

CGcountdown said:
I got online message that my case also transfered to San jose and I will get a letter for interview.
I485>>Sept 2002
1st FP>>NOV 2002
2nd FP>>31 Aug 2004>>received 2nd of Sept
cased transfer to san jose >>30th of Sept

Any idea when will be my appointment?

Case Transferred and interview letter received.

Hi,
My case was transferred on 09/15/2004 and I received my interview letter on 10/01/2004. The interview is on the 10/27/2004 at San Jose USCIS office.
Will post details about the intverview .........
Thanks,
-Bala.

WAC03203****
1st FP: Aug 31st 2004.
Case Trans: 15th Sept 2004.
Int Letter Received: Oct 1st 2004.
Int Date: Oct 27th 2004.

My lawyer got an interview letter for October 27th too.

I just got an email from the paralegal woman in his office. They got the letter from SJO on September 28th and they did not tell me anything until today!!!!

By the way is it normal that my lawyer got the letter and not me?

Have a nice day!

Canarian said:

SJ reasonalble

Based on the feedback about the interview scheduling looks like
3-4 for the letter of inteview date and another 4-5 weeks for
actual interview. Thats not bad.

Btw, does every one who has inteview scheduled have thier I-140's
approved?

thanks for posts

GC_1881 said:
My lawyer got an interview letter for October 27th too.

I just got an email from the paralegal woman in his office. They got the letter from SJO on September 28th and they did not tell me anything until today!!!!

By the way is it normal that my lawyer got the letter and not me?

Have a nice day!

Congrats GC1881. I bet you were ticked off to hear the letter was sent and no one told you about it. BTW, i think it is normal for the lawyer to get a copy. Mine did. I think it is becuase his name and address was on my I485 application.

Hopefully we'll all get approved.

Ameen brother!

I know that the lawyer should get a copy but it looks like the INS sent him the original too!

Well, the important thing is to get an interview :)

Canarian said:
Congrats GC1881. I bet you were ticked off to hear the letter was sent and no one told you about it. BTW, i think it is normal for the lawyer to get a copy. Mine did. I think it is becuase his name and address was on my I485 application.

Hopefully we'll all get approved.

message change online

I have a question? for those who got appointment in San Jose:
Did you get a new message online saying file received in San Jose, or a letter of appointment was issued? Also in your letter what documents they asked for?
Many thanks