San Jose Interview Tracker

How to Inform Local Office Change of Address?-- Help Needed!

How may I inform the Ohio local office that I have moved from the NSC zone
to the CSC zone and wanted my case to be transferred to the SJ office? What is the form that I should use and what should I include with my change of address
request to ensure quick processing of a case transfer to SJ?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks,

AF

Not over yet!

We went to the CIS field office on 8/18, the whole family. We were there at 8:40 and at 8:50 we were already with the CIS officer. She asked about EVL, which the lawyer promptly produced. Then she asked about marriage certificate original, then birth certificates. Everything went well, until she found out that my wife never did her TD shot, because there was a shortage of TD shots at the time. The officer gave us a piece of paper where she checked "medical" and wrote that my wife needs the TD. At 9:10 we were out. I'm still depressed. My wife went to Santa Clara public health center today, got the shot and our doctor wrote out the new I-693 letters, sealed them and gave them to me. I gave them to the lawyer, who'll file them to SJ CIS office. Now we're waiting again. Who knows when we'll be approved.

dont worry

Thanx for the information Ruxrux, Dont worry, you would be approved soon.
Atleast you are done with the fearful interview.

Transfered to SJC on Aug 24th.

I visited the SJC office on Aug 25th to ask about my case, and they told me that my file was stuck at FBI. WHen I got to work I had received and email that my file was transfered to SJC office and it will take few months for scheduling an appointment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On August 24, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From what I understand by reading the postings, I should hear back in 2 to 3 weeks, and the appointment will be 2 to 3 months away. Right?

My FP will expire in Sept.

My Lawyer tells me an interview is likely because my country of birth is one of the seven which requires special registration.

Canarian said:
From what I understand by reading the postings, I should hear back in 2 to 3 weeks, and the appointment will be 2 to 3 months away. Right?

I heard back in 9 days and got appointment 3 weeks after that. Doesn't mean it'll happen to you, but SJ is actually one of the most efficient offices.

As for SR, I doubt that this alone is the reason. It can be your name, any suspicious background, police record, suspicious birth/marriage cert, ...

I just got back from the SJC infopass appointment. My file was transfered on Aug 24th. I was informed that my file was received by the office on Sept 10th. When I inquired about the interview date, I was told that the adjucation office has informed them that it will take approximately 12- 15 months to schedule an appointment. I was also told that this is from the time that the file is transfered to the local office and independent of the filing date.

Naturally I am extremely disappointed. I am not sure if this was said to discourage future inquiries or in fact it is the truth. But for now all I got to go by is their word.

Your thoughts?

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

Are you kidding me!

ruxrux got his interview in less than a month and another guy in the company where I work got his in 40 days. 12-15 months!!!!! This will be a big disaster if it is true. My liar said that it will take around 2 months to get an interview.

No way to wait 12-15 months. It is becoming like a slavery to get this Fucking Green piece of crap card ..................

Canarian said:
I just got back from the SJC infopass appointment. My file was transfered on Aug 24th. I was informed that my file was received by the office on Sept 10th. When I inquired about the interview date, I was told that the adjucation office has informed them that it will take approximately 12- 15 months to schedule an appointment. I was also told that this is from the time that the file is transfered to the local office and independent of the filing date.

Naturally I am extremely disappointed. I am not sure if this was said to discourage future inquiries or in fact it is the truth. But for now all I got to go by is their word.

Your thoughts?

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

GC_1881 said:
Are you kidding me!

ruxrux got his interview in less than a month and another guy in the company where I work got his in 40 days. 12-15 months!!!!! This will be a big disaster if it is true. My liar said that it will take around 2 months to get an interview.

No way to wait 12-15 months. It is becoming like a slavery to get this Fucking Green piece of crap card ..................

No kidding dude. On top of it all the officer was a total prick. I kept asking if they honor filing times, and kept replying "12 to 15 months". Same thing over and over again. I wanted to reach over and slap him silly. I also asked him that I've heard of people getting theirs in week to 1.5 months and that SJC is very efficient. He said "that is no longer the case, but some people are lucky!!!".

When did the guy from your office get his? We need more people post their dates. I hope this is wrong. I am soooooo sick of this state if limbo.

One last thing: Tanveer, please kindly FUCK OFF w/ your spam.

My friend got his interview 2 months ago. HE told me that he got his interview letter 15 days after the LUD and that after 25 days from the letter he did the interview. It will be a real disaster if what you are saying is true. I have a fucking wac 02173***** so I am waiting since April 2002 ... Should i wait another year, I will end up in the hospital with a fucking stroke ...

I am sick of these bozos called INS

Looks like officer was trying to scare you. I too got interview letter in 4-5 weeks after transfer to SJC from vermont

I just talked to my lawyer. He said that from what he knows and from the cases that he had, it takes 1.5-2 months to get an interview done! I asked him so should I expect a letter for this interview within one month, he said Yes. My file was transferred to SJO on september 7th, if by october 7th I don't hear anything I will call my lawyer back ...

I let you know guys!

pukaul said:
Looks like officer was trying to scare you. I too got interview letter in 4-5 weeks after transfer to SJC from vermont

I hope you are right. We'll see.

GC1881, I have the same WAC as you, and was filed in April 2002. Mine got transfered on Aug 24th. Still no letter for interview. I know for a fact that my file got to SJC on Sept 10th. All of it. I think both our cases are very much alike and a good indicator for both of us to follow up with. I hope the 2 month wait is right. The sad part about this is that we just sit here and wait, and when you go there to ask them and get a better idea they treat you like crap and give you a non-sense answer. The sad thing is that I am not alone.

Interview Documents

Hi Folks,

I would like to know how may years of W2 needs to carried during the Interview. Do we need to carry all the Tax related file.

Of course we will have EVL and W2. Still how may Paystubs needed to be carried to the interview?

Is there a seperate form to fill for the AC21 ... I was told by attorney to only carry the EVL and it should be okay.

When we carry all the documents. For the Primary do we also include the dependent's details? For the Dependent's do they have to show all the primary applicant's details. I am asking this if dependents can/will be interviewed seperately.

Photo's -- Do we have to carry new format ones. Per details posted regarding the standard letter it does not say anything about the Photo's .

What does CO-SPONSOR mean? Is the Company's details ... if so which one the company that applied I was working for ... or the current one.

The CO-SPONSOR tax details....Is their a format that needs to be used?

*** Do we need to have attorney's presence during the Interview ***
My attorney said it's not required as their is no criminal case against me or the dependent or any out-of status issue.
** My I-140 was denied and subsequently approved by Appeals Board **
Therefore I am concerned about it...Could you guys suggest a good attorney in the Bay area as I will be interviewed in SAN JOSE local cente.

I know it's lot of questions and might have been already answered. However if guys could provide this information it would be help.

NeverSayDie

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the major reasons for interview?

Sorry to bother you all. I am just wondering what are the major reasons for getting interviews instead of REF or direct approval. Any input is appreciated.

neversaydie said:
Hi Folks,

I would like to know how may years of W2 needs to carried during the Interview. Do we need to carry all the Tax related file.

Of course we will have EVL and W2. Still how may Paystubs needed to be carried to the interview?

Is there a seperate form to fill for the AC21 ... I was told by attorney to only carry the EVL and it should be okay.

When we carry all the documents. For the Primary do we also include the dependent's details? For the Dependent's do they have to show all the primary applicant's details. I am asking this if dependents can/will be interviewed seperately.

Photo's -- Do we have to carry new format ones. Per details posted regarding the standard letter it does not say anything about the Photo's .

What does CO-SPONSOR mean? Is the Company's details ... if so which one the company that applied I was working for ... or the current one.

The CO-SPONSOR tax details....Is their a format that needs to be used?

*** Do we need to have attorney's presence during the Interview ***
My attorney said it's not required as their is no criminal case against me or the dependent or any out-of status issue.
** My I-140 was denied and subsequently approved by Appeals Board **
Therefore I am concerned about it...Could you guys suggest a good attorney in the Bay area as I will be interviewed in SAN JOSE local cente.

I know it's lot of questions and might have been already answered. However if guys could provide this information it would be help.

NeverSayDie

Here are the names of some attorney. I ahev no idea if they are any good.
Lucy Fong Lee
Fallon, Bixby, Cheng & Lee
130 Battery St., 4th Fl.
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 781-2338

Edward Litwin
Litwin & Associates, ALC
1435 Huntington Ave., #336
So. San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 588-7100

Marc Van Der Hout
Van Der Hout & Brigagliano
180 Sutter Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 981-3000

Robert Werner
Werner & Associates
690 Market St., Suite 1006
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 981-7932

If I were you I would take as many documents as possible, but would not show them unless asked. Only the new photos are accepted since Sept.

Not sure about the rest of your questions.

When was your file transfered? and how long later did you get the letter and when is the interview?