San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

They told me that the oath letter was mailed on Jan 5. My oath was on Jan 28. So you should have enough time.

I am planning for a trip after one week but I could get the oath letter at any time. I am wondering normally what's the gap between the Oath letter and the Oath date. For example, does people normally wait for another 2 weeks to have the Oath after getting their oath letter?

Thanks!

N-400Mailed Jan 29th 2010 VIA Speed post to AZ I live in San Jose
Delivered Jan 30th
Checks cashed Feb 5th 2010
NOA received FEb 8th 2010
Priority date Feb 3rd 2010
will keep you guys posted.
Where is the WAC # and the link to track case status ?[

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Solipsist.

I checked the status it says the following message.

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Am I missing something.

thanks Solipsist.

I checked the status it says the following message.

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Am I missing something.
the 'NBC*' is part of your case number

RM_CSC
I am sure you have the type in there. I had the same thing and I deleted the extra spaces at the end and it worked fine. Check the characters and there should be no leading or trailing spaces.

My misadventure with USPS continues.

We went to Eastridge mall USPS early in the morning on Saturday around 9am (It opens at 10pm). There was a long line. We waited in the long line with my little daughter for an hour and then were told that the only lady that handles passport applications there was sick and not coming in.

Cursing USPS we drove to next closest PO and reached there at 10.30am (This post office opens at 10am) We were told that they cannot handle this overflow and will not be handling more people. Go Home.

This post office has 4 people working. 4 people working and they cannot handle overflow? What is wrong with this country?

Luckily my wife had taken an appointment for Wednesday at Sunnyvale Mary post office. On Monday my wife had a doubt. While taking the appointment she said "I need an appointment" and did not say "Me, My hubby and little daughter".
So she called the PO and found that she needs to make appointment for all of us and since she had not done that she would need to reschedule. Now I understand that it takes 10 minutes for one person and 20 minutes for maybe three but
USPS would not extend the courtesy of another 10 minutes to us.

My wife cancelled the appointment and rescheduled it at Campbell post office today. On Wednesday she got a call from Sunnyvale post office asking her why she did not show up. Hello! We cancelled. Remember?

I am keeping my fingers crossed today. Me and my wife both have to take half a day off and my daughter has to miss school. So I hope it will be worth this appointment.

Most information about timings on USPS site are wrong. Like the one in campbell is only open till 2am on the website but I have an appointment for 3.15. Screwy?

In India, Mumbai a city of 10 million people there is one passport office and it takes half an hour to apply through an agent and 15 days to receive a passport at home with a paltry sum. For God's sake they hand write the names on the passport.
And in the greatest country in the world I have to run around to make an appointment. Something is wrong with this whole system.

I think I will break a coconut and offer some bribe to Indian gods. Hopefully they will have to come to my rescue and save me from this USPS stupidity.

People, Make your appointment in advance if you know the date of your Oath ceremony. Make the appointment as soon as you get the Oath letter.
Don't trust the timing on the USPS website. Keep calling the USPS to find out about the REAL times. And don't give up when nobody picks up the phone.
It takes 12 to 15 times for you to call until the people there pick up the phone. Keep calling. If you have kids you only have Saturday unless you want to waste a weekday.
If you plan to go without appointment go an hour early before opening time and stand in line. Ask your wife and kid to come during opening time later.
Its horrible for the kids to stand in line for hours.

>>I have included NBC*000724xxx it says the same for spouse

My case number is NBC*000728### and I am getting the same error. I think our cases are new and may be they are not available for online check yet. Priority date is Feb,05,2010.

I think we need to wait a week or so to do this.

DO: San Jose, CA
N-400 Sent: 1/29/10 (Mailed to AZ)
N-400 received 02/02/2010 Per USPS tracking
PD:
Check Cashed: 02/08/2010
NOA:
FP Notice:
FP Date:
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:
PP Applied:
PP Received:

Desibartender, hope your USPS appointment today was uneventful. Thanks for the heads-up though. I was thinking of applying for the passport a day or two later, but I think I'll apply for it at the Natz Ceremony itself. Seems to be much easier than at the post office.

UPDATE: i called USCIS with numbers provided in previous posts, i guess its not a "lost" mail for mine. the first rep was kind enough to send me to 2nd level IO, though she was firm on the 90-day wait. IO told me that i passed my exam and requirements but there's one 'other' department that needs to submit/update my application and that is the one holding up my process.

12.16.09 Interview date
still waiting for OL/OD

Finally, got my oath letter! Feb 25 at Campbell. It said bring immigration papers/documents, which one(s)?

You can apply for it at Natz Ceremony ? I did not know that.
I have a ceremony @ SJC this Friday (2/19). Please share any info on how to do that.

Gungadin: You can apply for it at Natz Ceremony ? I did not know that.
I have a ceremony @ SJC this Friday (2/19). Please share any info on how to do that.

Wanted to post an update to mine and my wife's case:

My status

DO San Jose

12-30-09 -Application mailed - Phoenix AZ
01-04-10 - Application Received
01-16-10 - Finger printing notice received
02-05-10 - FP done
02-18-10 - Case transferred to local office

Wife's case status

DO San Jose

12-30-09 -Application mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-31-09 - Application Received
01-16-10 - Finger printing notice received
01-28-10 - Yellow letter for DL received
02-05-10 - FP done
02-13-10 - Case transferred to local office
02-17-10 - IL received for 03/22

oathtaking documents

it says on N-445, bring any immigration documents you may have. does anybody know which ones in particular? anybody?

it says on N-445, bring any immigration documents you may have. does anybody know which ones in particular? anybody?

Just take your oath letter and your green card with you. That's what I took with me. Your oath letter should also mention what you need to take.

N-400Mailed Jan 29th 2010 VIA Speed post to AZ
DO San Jose
Delivered Jan 30th
Checks cashed Feb 5th 2010
NOA received FEb 8th 2010
Priority date Feb 3rd 2010
USCIS Website updated Feb 17th RFE requested mostly FP
RFE received : Feb 22 2010
FP schedule Date :March 09th 2010
Actual FP date : Feb 24th 2010 early walk in FP

My spouse has applied for name change on the application form. But now we are having second thoughts because of the delay it might incur in taking the oath and therefore retract the request during the interview. In reading other posts, it seems that certain jurisdictions are exempt from this delay. Is San Jose one of these? Otherwise, does anyone here have an estimate as to how much additional time this would add?