San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congrats Desibartender!

I was told that my OL for 2/19 Oath was sent on 1/14, still waiting. If dont receive it in a week, will probably schedule a infopass myself.

Hi folks,
Just got back from an Infopass appointment regarding my oath letter. I passed my interview on Dec 17. Turns out they mailed the letter on Jan 5, but I never got it. So they printed out another copy for me. My oath ceremony is on Jan 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
fermat11

what does it say on your online case status? i was interviewed a day before yours and i havent gotten any OL/OD yet. i basically passed my interview and sent the paperwork they ask me the same day of my interview. so i can schedule infopass too if needed. thanks!

My case status message hasn't changed. If you haven't received your letter, I recommend scheduling the infopass appointment and checking on the status. I scheduled the appointment around 12:30 pm and went there for the 2:15 pm slot. I had a copy of my oath letter in 15 mins. If you haven't received your letter and if you don't have any outstanding issues, chances are it was "lost" in mail.

I had my Oath today in san jose at montrey road!

My appointment was at 1:30pm and I arrived at 1:15pm.After security check we sat at the lobby until about 2:00pm and after everybody is arrived ,we were directed to the auditorium where the ceremony was held.We watched martin luther king speech "I have the dream'"and then we heard congratulations from president Obama and we had our oath and alligance to the flag done.After that We got our naturalization certificate and that was it.it was very brief and touching and beautiful.
god bless America!!! I am finally an American............I wish everybody a fast road to citzenship..good Luck everybody

gebre

My case status message hasn't changed. If you haven't received your letter, I recommend scheduling the infopass appointment and checking on the status. I scheduled the appointment around 12:30 pm and went there for the 2:15 pm slot. I had a copy of my oath letter in 15 mins. If you haven't received your letter and if you don't have any outstanding issues, chances are it was "lost" in mail.

thanks! my status hasnt changed yet as well. still at testing and interview. i have scheduled an infopass 2 days from now. i hope its just "lost" in mail, nothing more.

torogi: See my previous posts. You can check your status over phone by talking to a second level IO.

Also, last time I spoke with an IO over phone, she mentioned that if I dont receive my OL in a few days, I can call back, and they can fax it to me.

Seems like OL's have a tendency of being "lost" in the mail in the SJC area :)

torogi: See my previous posts. You can check your status over phone by talking to a second level IO.

Also, last time I spoke with an IO over phone, she mentioned that if I dont receive my OL in a few days, I can call back, and they can fax it to me.

My wife lost her OL in mail. We scheduled infopass and got it. A couple who interviewed with us had to do the same. Somebody here said that mail is very reliable? I think something is not right with the mail from this DO.

UPDATE: i called USCIS with numbers provided in previous posts, i guess its not a "lost" mail for mine. the first rep was kind enough to send me to 2nd level IO, though she was firm on the 90-day wait. IO told me that i passed my exam and requirements but there's one 'other' department that needs to submit/update my application and that is the one holding up my process.

12.16.09 Interview date
still waiting for OL/OD

Complex_dude,
You probably have your oath ceremony tomorrow. Did you get the letter yet?

Fermat11: No, I was told my Oath is on 2/19 at Monterey road. My wife's oath is tomorrow.
Still waiting for OL (was sent on 01/20, per IO).

complex_dude

oath is tomorrow or day after tomorrow (1/28)? I was not knowing that there is an oath ceremony tomorrow (1/27).

Just received OL in the mail, for Oath on 2/19 at Monterey Road. I guess it was not a case of 'lost' OL for me, which appears to be a frequent occurrence at SJC DO.

Hi complex_dude .. at the SJ DO at Charcot, did you have to make up some reason/excuse for getting your FP done early?

Thanks.

howlongmore: I just told them I am going to travel for the Holiday's. But I dont think they were too keen to know the reason.
As long as they are not super busy, they would accomodate.

My timeline

08/18/09 N-400 to Phoenix
08/20/09 Received/Priority Date
08/28/09 Notice date (I-797C)
08/31/09 Check cashed

09/08/09 Fingerprint Notification
09/24/09 Fingerprinting at San Jose

10/05/09 Interview Letter Received
11/04/09 Interview (Passed English/Civics test, A decision cannot yet be made about your application)

11/23/09 Oath letter received
12/04/09 Oath ceremony

12/04/09 Applied for expedited passport
12/11/09 Passport received

Hello

Oath completed today at San Jose...
they check the letter at door and collect it at seating place along with GC.
Ceremony itself completed within 1 hour.The whole event was very well organized.

now to the emotions part of it...(if anybody is interested)

Not sure if this is normal but I felt both sad and happy today.I know I might draw flak or this but will share anyway)

Happy because I am a US citizen after the long journey.
Sad because I lost my birth country citizenship, It also was heavy on me while uttering the oath where I say
I will not keep any allegiance towards any other country .. coz that means I am severing my emotions to my country of birth.
USA fulfilled my dreams I respect it equally...and thats why I am here..but how can I not stop being a part of my birth country as well..
Looks like I will have to live with this strange feeling throughout my life...

This was just an honest thought I couldnt resist sharing. (I will take any criticizm in right spirit)