San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

officially, you are citizen only after oath.interview is not final approval.look at your letter,it just says"recommended for approval".
hope this helps.
Hi Paramvir1, got a question about your previous n-400 journey. I have PM u a msg. I hope you can reply me if you have time. Thx..

oath dates in oct?

dear all,

looks like Sanjose office has not started sending out oath letters for october dates !!!! Why so !!! ? ? Its there anything to be worried about?

So things starts getting delayed once festive season is here??

regards,
Mg

dear all,

looks like Sanjose office has not started sending out oath letters for october dates !!!! Why so !!! ? ? Its there anything to be worried about?

So things starts getting delayed once festive season is here??

regards,
Mg

DO's sometimes send out oath letter as little as 1 week before oath date. It has nothing to do with festive season. No need to worry.

DO : San Jose
08/29/2009 - N400 Mailed
08/31/2009 - Phoenix received the letter
08/31/2009 - Priority Date
09/02/2009 - Check Cashed
09/08/2009 - NOA received
09/17/2009 - FP Notice received
10/06/2009 - FP schedule date
10/06/2009 - FP done
? - IL letter recieved
? - Interview date

My wife passed her interview on 10/05 but the IO said they cannot legally recommend us for Citizenship as it is not yet 5 years since GC was approved (we were 22 days short of 5 years). Thus her status was "decision cannot be made".
I passed my interview on 10/07 and the IO was really nice and she told me that I am short of 5 years. I asked her if I can take my Oath on 10/29 (or in Jan 2010 - we might hav to travel in Nov and Dec, didn't want to take any chance ...) by then I will cross my 5 years. I also told her about my wife's situation and requested if she can schedule both of us together. She wrote my requests on a post stick and told me she will take care of them.

Not sure if it was coincidence we both got same questions,

1) 4th July 1776
2) Nancy Pelosi
3) Native Indians
4) Bill of rights
5) Every 4 Years
6) Mississippi

Good luck and I’ll keep you guys posted on my journey

Oath letter received today.

me and my husband interviewed on same day and time. but oath ceremoney we have different places and time. mine is on 16th 10:30 at monterey highway san jose and for him 29 th 1:00 pm at campbell.

-Prajakata

me and my husband interviewed on same day and time. but oath ceremoney we have different places and time. mine is on 16th 10:30 at monterey highway san jose and for him 29 th 1:00 pm at campbell.

-Prajakata

Did you get letter in the mail or via email? Also did the online status change to approved before you received the oath letter?

Need help for an early oath

Hello Folks!

I got an invitation letter for the Oath Ceremony on Oct 29th. However, I will be travelling outside of US between Oct 24 and Nov 15.

I had informed the interviewing officer that I will be travelling out of US between these dates. She said they would do something to accomodate my request.

Can you guys please advise me on what to do to get an earlier Oath date (like Oct 15th or Oct 16)? If that is not possible, how can I get an Oath date in Nov? Is it possible to use infopass appointments to try convincing the Oath scheduling supervisors?

Appreciate your help in advance!

Hello Folks!

I got an invitation letter for the Oath Ceremony on Oct 29th. However, I will be travelling outside of US between Oct 24 and Nov 15.

I had informed the interviewing officer that I will be travelling out of US between these dates. She said they would do something to accomodate my request.

Can you guys please advise me on what to do to get an earlier Oath date (like Oct 15th or Oct 16)? If that is not possible, how can I get an Oath date in Nov? Is it possible to use infopass appointments to try convincing the Oath scheduling supervisors?
Appreciate your help in advance!
I wish I can switch position with you. I also told the IO that I have a travel plan and hope she can accommodate me in an earlier oath. But, actually I haven't decided when to leave. However, they did put on hold of schedule an oath date for me due to this.

I went to infopass today and wrote them a letter to clarify my status and hopefully they can correct this. Thus, I suggest you go to infopass and bring your documents with you. Also, I don't know if an earlier oath date would work for you because you need time to get your US passport after naturalized (no more GC) unless you apply the passport at SFO agency. I think Nov. 17 might be a better choice for you.

State issued govt ID

Folks,
My interview is coming up this Friday. I dont have a CA issued ID card or a license, however have a Oregon license. Will that be an issue at the interview time? Can anyone share their experience? thank you.

Folks,
My interview is coming up this Friday. I dont have a CA issued ID card or a license, however have a Oregon license. Will that be an issue at the interview time? Can anyone share their experience? thank you.

Did you recently move and haven't updated your DL? Expect to be asked why you don't have a CA DL if you are filing in CA.

Moving date

Actually, we moved about 18 months ago, however never got the time to update the DL. Do you folks have any recommendations?

Folks,

What a coincidence!. I was in the same boat just 2 weeks back. Got the interview letter, no CA licence and moved from Oregon 20months back..

This is what I did..
I went and cleared the DL written test. Got the temporary sheet mentioning that I will be getting permanent card in few weeks. When IO officer asked, I gave my Oregon DL with this temporary permit. She didn't ask any probing questions..
Good luck to you..