San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I wish I can switch position with you. I also told the IO that I have a travel plan and hope she can accommodate me in an earlier oath. But, actually I haven't decided when to leave. However, they did put on hold of schedule an oath date for me due to this.

I went to infopass today and wrote them a letter to clarify my status and hopefully they can correct this. Thus, I suggest you go to infopass and bring your documents with you. Also, I don't know if an earlier oath date would work for you because you need time to get your US passport after naturalized (no more GC) unless you apply the passport at SFO agency. I think Nov. 17 might be a better choice for you.
Thanks!

If I request USCIS to reschedule my oath giving them valid reasons, do they give the big ceremony date in the following month?

Can you guys please share your views on this?

Regards:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

If I request USCIS to reschedule my oath giving them valid reasons, do they give the big ceremony date in the following month?

Can you guys please share your views on this?
Regards:)
I really have no idea on this. Just hopefully they will schedule the next available date. However, if you read from other thread, it seems that reschedule an oath ceremony is ok. I wonder if they put that info on your oath letter.

I really have no idea on this. Just hopefully they will schedule the next available date. However, if you read from other thread, it seems that reschedule an oath ceremony is ok. I wonder if they put that info on your oath letter.
Can others in this forum also share their thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

I got there half an hour before my appointment and was called right away. the whole interview took about 15 minutes. The lady officer was nice and gentle. know everything you filled in your n-400 application. they ask the question line by line from the form. I moved to five different apartments in 8 years and she asked me everyone of them. I was not able to remember all apartment numbers in two of them. I used an old mail to fill the form. I got the recommended for approval letter and was told I will get my oath letter in the main.

08/05/2009: N400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ
08/07/2009: Receipt Date/Priority Date
08/11/2009: Notice Date
08/13/09 : Check Cashed
08/14/2009: NOA received
08/20/2009: FP notice date
09/01/2009: FP done(my appointment was for sep 12. But was able to do walk in on 1st sep since I was not going to be in town on the 12th)
09/09/2009 : got the standard interview update email on the case
09/22/2009: IL received
10/15/2009: ID done.(passed)
XX/XX/2009: Oath Letter
XX/XX/2009: Oath Date
XX/XX/2009: Passport Application Date
XX/XX/2009: Received Passport

I think in the required document section we should update that one of the required documents is a copy of the N-400 application submitted, since they go over the application itself and confirm with us during the interview. I'd my interview on 10/13 and I could give this feedback to my wife for her interview on 10/14. I really helped her. For anyone who is having interviews, before the actual exams, the interviewer goes over the submitted application, it will be better if you are able to review it before and confirm the same. Otherwise, you might become nervous for the actual interview.

Waiting for OL as well.

Good luck to all.

-internetuser

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Days Day
Date betwn count
07/22/09 0 0 N-400 Sent
07/24/09 2 2 N-400 delivered
07/24/09 0 2 Received date
07/24/09 0 2 Priority date
07/29/09 5 7 I-797C: NOA: Notice date
07/30/09 1 8 Check cashing
08/03/09 4 12 NOA received @home
08/10/09 7 19 FP issue date
08/12/09 2 21 FP notice mail @home
08/28/09 16 37 FP appointment
08/28/09 0 37 FP taken in Charcoat office - SJ
09/05/09 8 45 Interview letter - notice date: 09/03/2009
10/13/09 38 83 Interview scheduled/passed

My case is a little weird. I have the interview this morning (October 15th) . The lady went over my application and ask if i fully understand the Oath of Allegiance , then she moved on to the civic question and English skill test. I passed all of those test with flying color until she asked if I could show her my rental agreement.
I told her I didn't have a rental agreement but I could show my tax paper, joint bank account, car insurance and etc. She insisted on the rental agreement and said even if I don't have one I could ask the landlord to write a verification letter. So, she sent me home with a N140 form asking for more proof of marriage.
I thought it was weird because she didn't bother to look at the tax, insurance, benefits documents that I showed her. Should I be worried that they are going to scrutinize my case and delay the heck out of the application?
Any one with similar experience care to share your story and the outcome of your case?

My case is a little weird. I have the interview this morning (October 15th) . The lady went over my application and ask if i fully understand the Oath of Allegiance , then she moved on to the civic question and English skill test. I passed all of those test with flying color until she asked if I could show her my rental agreement.
I told her I didn't have a rental agreement but I could show my tax paper, joint bank account, car insurance and etc. She insisted on the rental agreement and said even if I don't have one I could ask the landlord to write a verification letter. So, she sent me home with a N140 form asking for more proof of marriage.
I thought it was weird because she didn't bother to look at the tax, insurance, benefits documents that I showed her. Should I be worried that they are going to scrutinize my case and delay the heck out of the application?
Any one with similar experience care to share your story and the outcome of your case?

Is it marriage based? If yes, then do are you still married to the spouse that is the basis of your naturalization application? If yes, do you both still live together? If yes, there is nothing to worry about.

Oath done

It is one hour process. very boring. 10 o'clock people start coming one by one then they wait for people who is not arrived. it is so wired time is given 10 and some people were showing up at 10:30 or 11. finally 11:10 pm speech started, some new acting officer gave speech followed by oath then Obama's speech then certificate is hand over. that's it. I was there at sharp 10. :(

what documents need to file passport and I heard that I can go to post office is this true. what about old passport?

-Prajakata

Is it marriage based? If yes, then do are you still married to the spouse that is the basis of your naturalization application? If yes, do you both still live together? If yes, there is nothing to worry about.

My application is based on 3 years of marriage with a US Citizen. What puzzled me was the fact that the officer kept insisting on seeing the rental agreement although I had other documents( bank statement, medical insurance, car insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, tax return) to prove our marriage was legitimate. I turned in a copy of the agreement today , hopefully I dont have to wait for long

My application is based on 3 years of marriage with a US Citizen. What puzzled me was the fact that the officer kept insisting on seeing the rental agreement although I had other documents( bank statement, medical insurance, car insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, tax return) to prove our marriage was legitimate. I turned in a copy of the agreement today , hopefully I dont have to wait for long

The idea is that the rental agreement with both names on it is concrete proof that you 2 live together.

Interview done

Folks,
Went in for the interview today. Mine was in the afternoon. Very nice gentleman who interviewed me for 15-20 minutes and then approved the case.
Now waiting on the oath letter.
Good luck.

It is one hour process. very boring. 10 o'clock people start coming one by one then they wait for people who is not arrived. it is so wired time is given 10 and some people were showing up at 10:30 or 11. finally 11:10 pm speech started, some new acting officer gave speech followed by oath then Obama's speech then certificate is hand over. that's it. I was there at sharp 10. :(

what documents need to file passport and I heard that I can go to post office is this true. what about old passport?

-Prajakata
You can apply at post office but not all the post offices provide the passport services.Check USPS website for your area. Also some post office requires appointment.
Documnet Reqd:
The passport application.
Naturalization certificate, original.
2 color photographs, 2x2
Fees , $75+$25. ($60 additional for expedite)