San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview

Congratulations !

I have my interview tmr and have a quick question for experts here - When the officer verifies dates etc specified in the N-400 - are we expected to remember all the dates or do we just take our N-400 and read from that ? Any more details would be very helpful ?

thanks

Sorry man... No, you can't have an open book and get your N-400 application out. And Yes, you'll have to remember everything is on your N-400. Be honest and forthcoming and only answer the quesion asked.

Go to the below link to get some tips for your interview... and also google "US Citizenship interview and you should find many website that can give you a usefull information.

Make sure you shake the Officer Hand after the interview to let him/her know how important this day is to you and that you can't wait to be citizen. After you get the letter that says you have pass.....ask 8/20 Oath and anything you want. The USCIS officer will not be impressed by lavish compliments or pro-U.S. statements, so don’t bother.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/62523/becoming_a_us_citizen_citizenship_interview.html

Good Luck

Just started. Let it roll!

- Jerry
---
San Jose, CA
08/07/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix (with confirmation, a waste of money)
08/10/2009 - N-400 received
?/?/2009 - Check cashed
?/?/2009 - Notice Date of Fingerpoint
?/?/2009 - Fingerprint Notice received
?/?/2009 - Fingerprints taken
?/?/2009 - Case File Review Notice dated
?/?/2009 - Case File Review Notice received
?/?/2009 - Request for Naturalization Interview dated
?/?/2009 - Request for Naturalization Interview received
?/?/2009 - Interview Scheduled

Welcome! If all work out for you, you'll be done on 11/19 at Campbell.

I am in the same boat. My case is straight forward too. No criminal record or any other misfeasance....

By the way, was your IO some woman named Lupe? Stupid bitch is very incompetent. She is still holding on to my file even though she told me during the interview that everything looked perfect and the OL should be in mail within 2 weeks.

LOL@goodsaint!!!! Easy!! we do have an IO in the forum :). I was hoping you and greenmushroom will get the letter for 8/20. AND still hopefull since we have a week to go. Please let us know as soon as you get the letter as we cannot wait the hear news too.

last minute interview question ...

Thanks Folks.

I have a last minute interview question - do we need to take photos with us to the interview. The interview letter says - its recommended ?
anyone have any experience regarding this ?

Thanks Folks.

I have a last minute interview question - do we need to take photos with us to the interview. The interview letter says - its recommended ?

It's suggested to bring duplicate photos if you have them in case originals are not valid.

Stunning - hope to identify u at oath time

I hope to identify you (STUNNING) at oath time.

LOL@goodsaint!!!! Easy!! we do have an IO in the forum :). I was hoping you and greenmushroom will get the letter for 8/20. AND still hopefull since we have a week to go. Please let us know as soon as you get the letter as we cannot wait the hear news too.

Thanks Folks.

CS8103, how's the interview? Did you get lucky to get an oath on Aug?:)

How was your interview?

Congratulations !

I have my interview tmr and have a quick question for experts here - When the officer verifies dates etc specified in the N-400 - are we expected to remember all the dates or do we just take our N-400 and read from that ? Any more details would be very helpful ?

thanks

Can you please post details from your interview?

Rfe

Hi all:

My wife and me submitted N-400 apps on July 31, checks were cashed on Aug 10, and NOA with case number was recieved on Aug 13.

To my surprise and dismay, when I checked the case status online, it says that for both my wife and me, RFEs were mailed on Aug 12?

I am now awaiting with suspense what the RFE can be about???? No complications in the case as far as I know - we both listed 2-3 minor traffic citations. Does USCIS issue RFE for traffic citations? The N400 instructions said no documentation required for minor traffic citations under $500. Can anybody throw any light?

It seems most of them got the same RFE information . Please take a look @ Mass RFE'S thread which will throw more light to your RFE.

Hi all:

My wife and me submitted N-400 apps on July 31, checks were cashed on Aug 10, and NOA with case number was recieved on Aug 13.

To my surprise and dismay, when I checked the case status online, it says that for both my wife and me, RFEs were mailed on Aug 12?

I am now awaiting with suspense what the RFE can be about???? No complications in the case as far as I know - we both listed 2-3 minor traffic citations. Does USCIS issue RFE for traffic citations? The N400 instructions said no documentation required for minor traffic citations under $500. Can anybody throw any light?

Awaiting approval, WishallGood and others,

I had my interview yesterday and was approved !
Interview was a pretty easy and quick one - was out in 15 min.
(thanks to everyone who replied to my queries in the past 2-3 days)

After swearing in, the officer just went over my application page by page - asking some questions
a) are you still living at this residence
b) are you still working at this employer etc etc
c) do you owe any taxes
d) did you get arrested ever - etc etc

Then she gave me a sentence to read and write - pretty trivial and asked me civics questions. I answered first 6 correctly so she stopped after that and said Congratulations - you have passed the test. That's it.
I asked about about any possibility to attend the oath on 20th Aug - she said no and told me that I need to wait for the Oath letter which should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

My spouse was also approved yesterday and she was able to change her name - we too the marriage certificate with us, the officer saw it, matched with the one in her case file and allowed her to change the name.

Good luck to others whose interviews are coming up. Feel free to post if you have any questions for me.

Now the wait for the Oath letter starts ...!

Received Oath today

I just received my oath letter today and it is in Monterey Highway on 28th Aug.

My interview happened last month (see signature) and the officer was really really nice and the interview was straightforward.

My interview happened last month (see signature) and the officer was really really nice and the interview was straightforward.

Congradulations! So there's another oath taken on 8/28. I was wondering if they have set schedule for Oath Ceremony there.

After 8/20, next oath ceremony is scheduled to be on 9/24. So, its interesting to know there is an oath ceremony on 8/28. Does your application has name change or something like that ?

Still no news. Case was approved on July 8 (ID June 30). Thats all they say, don't say when will oath date be scheduled. Some stupid #@#$ is sitting on my file, probably he/she threw the file under the desk. Bunch of #$@% incompetents.

My interview was on 8/5...lets see what date they send!!! 8/28 will require me to cancel my travel...lets see what happens :(