San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hello, been reading this post and decided to post my info.
Filed documents on 7/28/08
Check cashed 8/01/08
FP notice 8/15/08
FD done 8/27/08
Been quiet since then and starting to worry.

Considering the entire process takes at least 5- 7 months , there's no need to start worrying this early.

Forgot to add, I received Yellow Letter - Document checklist on9 /27/08
Called USCIS today, not sure how much can we trust what they said, but they said that FBI check is still going on (after I asked them) and that interview has not been scheduled.

Hello, been reading this post and decided to post my info.
Filed documents on 7/28/08
Check cashed 8/01/08
FP notice 8/15/08
FD done 8/27/08
YL received 9/27/08
Been quiet since then and starting to worry.

Reason for panic

My friends had applied for citizenship in May. They had interview 3 months to the day of when they applied. And have already took Oath.

Just wanted to share my situation:

I had my interview on 7/15/08. I passed the tests, but the immigration officer would not approve my application because I was not able to give her a copy of my 2007 tax return. The reason was: I had not filed my taxes, I had filed for an extension. She said I should submit proof that I had filed for the extension

So, I promptly did this the next day - a comprehensive package (letter from me, letter from my accountant, copies of my extension filing, proof of mailing), and put it in their drop box in san jose.

I heard nothing back. So, I made a fastpass appt for Sept 12. I didn't have any high expectations for the appointment. My goals for the appointment were:
- to find out if they received the package from me
- to find out if there is anything else they are waiting on me for

So, I went to the appointment. I waited for about 15 minutes after the appointment time. There were only two windows open. I said to the guy "i want to check on the status of my N400". He looked on the computer and said he didn't have the information available, and so he would go upstairs to check.

When he came back, he said my case has been sent to the supervisor for review, and that I can probably expect a letter in 2-3 weeks. (its now 3 wks). I asked him if they had received my letter, and if it satisfied their requirements and he said he didn't know. I should have asked him before he went upstairs!

So, I am still waiting patiently.

My primary concern is being able to vote. We are currently 29 days from the election. In california, you must register 15 days before the election - by 10/20/08. I think they would probably want to give us at least 2 weeks notice before the Oath Ceremony, so my fear is that if they sent me an Oath letter now, it would be for a ceremony after the registration deadline, so I won't be able to vote. Bummer.

My other concern is that I am currently unable to make travel plans. My worry is that there is not only the concern that I would schedule my vacation conflicting with the oath date, but also the following few weeks when I would be waiting for my US passport.

My advice would be:
- if you filed for an extension, make sure you take whatever documentation you have along with you to the interview
- ask all your questions to the immigration officer before they go off to find the answers
- be aware that travel plans are problematic during this period.

Did you get any response?

Had the interview on 9/17 and was told passed. But I've not received the oath ceremony invitation. Has anyone ?

I had my interview on the 10th of September. Have not received the Oath letter yet. Have you? Or has anyone who interviewed in the first week of September or later received the oath letter?

I received notification fo interview

I just received the notification of interview. It takes 8 months since the bio.

But it seems that my letter to USCIS worked well. I sent the letter asking my status to USCIS and reached on Sept. 25 to USCIS. Then, the notification letter was issued on Sept 29. I think that my letter could enhance its advance to interview.

My timeline:
Jan. 18, 2008: Sent N-400 to CSC
Feb. 01, 2008: Received date & Priority date
Mar. 04, 2008: Biometrics appointment
Nov. 05, 2008: Interview day

George

Has anyone interviewed in September received interview letter?

I interviewed on September 10th but have not yet received the Oath letter. Has anyone who has interviewed around the same time received any oath letter?

I interviewed on September 4th but not have recieved the oath letter. I did not see anybody interviewed in Spetember recieved oath letter? I guess we would miss the voter registration deadline

Coming for the first time.
Here is my timeline:

09/27/2008: N400 mailed
09/29/2008: N400 received
09/30/2008: check cashed
10/11/2008: NOA received(dated 10/07/08)
Waiting for FP notice
Anyone applying on 4 yr 1 day rule after re-entry permit(s)?

N400 interview - Wife out of status

Hi All,

My interview is on 11/7. My wife came to the states on a B1/B2 visa two years ago and her status expired about 18 months ago. We tried applying for a change of status to change her visa to a student visa, but it was rejected.

My lawyer says that this should not be an issue at the interview since the interview is more about me, not my spouse. He also mentioned that this should not affect the good moral character since she came to county legally.

Anybody has a similar experience or could provide me any input? I am getting worried about the interview and would appreciate any advise.

PD: 4/20/2008
Interview Date: 11/7/2008

How can one identify their DO? I live in Pleasanton and filed in CSC. My application has been sent to NBC. NO FP notice yet, getting worried.
09/27/2008: N400 mailed
09/29/2008: N400 received
09/30/2008: check cashed
10/11/2008: NOA received(dated 10/07/08)

My timeline

N-400 San Jose, California

04/11/08: Sent N-400
04/16/08: Priority Date
04/29/08: Receipt Notice Date
05/01/08: FP Notice Date
05/15/08: FP Appt
09/29/08: Interview Letter Date
11/07/08: Interview scheduled