San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

OL received!

OL received today and Oath date is 9/17/2008 at Campbell. :D
Good luck to every one in naturalization process.

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done
06/16/2008: Interview Notice received
07/30/2008: Interviewed and passed the test (but the IO checked "A decision cannot yet be made" box and said I should hear from them in a couple of months. Not sure why the IO didn't check the "Congratulations" box. :confused:)

Anyone who got interviewed in end of July time frame, please update your status once you receive the oath letter (I will do so too). Thanks.

Passport Received

03/24/2008 : Mailed to CSC
03/27/2008 : PD (and Receive date)
04/02/2008 : Notice date (Received in the mail on 04/07/2008)
04/10/2008 : FP date (Received in the mail on 04/10/2008)
04/19/2008 : FP complete
07/29/2008 : Interview date (Received in the mail on 06/30/2008)
08/14/2008 : Oath date (Received in the mail 08/05/2008 from Monterey Rd Office)
Passport applied: 08/15/08 (regular service)
Passport recd: 08/25/08

My friend received one month after the original appointment day in the same situation. So, it maybe O.K. because your process is so faster than any others' process.

I have a question for you. Is your N-400 based on your marriage? In fact, my friend submitted later than I, but he have already got citizenship!! His is based on marriage with US citizen. But I am still looking for interview even though I submitted much earlier than my friend. Mine is based on "5 years after GC."
I think that it is the reason why my process is very slow.....

Sigh...

Hello, I did my interview in July and received Oath Ceremony letter for August. But I had to travel out of country so I requested rescheduling of oath ceremony. Today I received a notice saying that my oath ceremony has been descheduled for the date I was originally scheduled on and I will be sent another notice separately if there is any other action to be taken!!

Writeface

One thing I wanted to know is after the descheduled notice comes do I need to contact USCIS through Infopass for re-scheduling the oath ceremony? I tried calling the 1-800 number but the online case tracking system had no information.

Thanks.

Wf

passport check

Hi us_naturaize
I applied us passport on 8/14/08, but still waiting.
when I check the status online, web says couldn't find info. i don't know why.
did you check status online before you got passport ?

03/24/2008 : Mailed to CSC
03/27/2008 : PD (and Receive date)
04/02/2008 : Notice date (Received in the mail on 04/07/2008)
04/10/2008 : FP date (Received in the mail on 04/10/2008)
04/19/2008 : FP complete
07/29/2008 : Interview date (Received in the mail on 06/30/2008)
08/14/2008 : Oath date (Received in the mail 08/05/2008 from Monterey Rd Office)
Passport applied: 08/15/08 (regular service)
Passport recd: 08/25/08

Hi dope4datish,

Congatulations! I have a question for you. What is "WOM"? and what did you do for "Writing of Mandamus"? Your process line took so long after the FP to the interview, but it looked that "writing of madamus" worked well. I would like to do the same. I am also waiting for the interview.

In advance, thank you very much for your great kindness.

George

Hi strongestgeorge,
WOM is Writ of Mandamus. It is basically a lawsuit filed on USCIS to do their job within a reasonable time. The WOM did work for me as my case was stuck in the FBI name check process. To file a WOM you can either contact an immigration attorney or do it yourself. Here is the immigration portal thread that talks extensively on WOM DIY.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&highlight=writ+mandamus

Also look into the following two articles on WOM.
http://www.philadelphiaimmigrationl...delay_consider_filing_a_writ_of_mandamus.html

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1088.html

I was frustrated that people were getting their citizenship in 6 months or so and then there are some who have been waiting for more than a couple of years. Your silenceis not going to reward you. Hope the above helps. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online Passport Status Check

Hi us_naturaize
I applied us passport on 8/14/08, but still waiting.
when I check the status online, web says couldn't find info. i don't know why.
did you check status online before you got passport ?

Hi jerrygogo,
Yes I was checking online status of my passport.
It got updated only on Aug 22 saying, "application received". (though date of issue is Aug 20 on passport)
And only today (Aug 27) it said that "processing completed"

So looks like the online status is a bit off.

Hi jerrygogo,
Yes I was checking online status of my passport.
It got updated only on Aug 22 saying, "application received". (though date of issue is Aug 20 on passport)
And only today (Aug 27) it said that "processing completed"

So looks like the online status is a bit off.

Well, I got my passport in 8 days with regular processing.
But my online status still says "no record found. it's taking 7-10 days for updating status"!

/GCAwaited

Got Interview Letter 9 days after 2nd FP

PD: 10/30/2006
First FP: 11/25/2006
Got stuck on the notorious "FBI Name Check" since then.
Received 2nd FP notice.
Second FP: 08/20/2008
Today (08/29/2008) I got Interview Letter for 10/01 interview. Didn't expect to receive IL this soon. It's been just 9 days since I did my 2nd FP.

Why 2nd FP?

PD: 10/30/2006
First FP: 11/25/2006
Got stuck on the notorious "FBI Name Check" since then.
Received 2nd FP notice.
Second FP: 08/20/2008
Today (08/29/2008) I got Interview Letter for 10/01 interview. Didn't expect to receive IL this soon. It's been just 9 days since I did my 2nd FP.

Dear henrysh,

Congratulations for interview letter!

I would like to ask you a question. Why did you have to do 2nd FP even though you did once? Did USCIS say the reason?

I am waiting for interview after the 1st FP......

George

Hi henrysh,

Congratulations! :) It's been a long road for you. Hope the interview goes smooth and you get your oath letter soon.

Where do we find dates about Oaths? What are the centers in San Francisco area? Are there dates already specified? How frequently do these take place?

Dear friends,

Long time no see.
I just skimmed through about 2 month long of messages and updated the spreadsheet wherever I see new users and new data.
It seems like the current processing time for new applications at the San Jose office is less than 6 months from PD to OD.
Congratulations to all.

For new members, please update your data in this spreadsheet so that other members will know when to expect the next milestone.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking

I am furious at San Jose office

Dear friends,

Long time no see.
I just skimmed through about 2 month long of messages and updated the spreadsheet wherever I see new users and new data.
It seems like the current processing time for new applications at the San Jose office is less than 6 months from PD to OD.
Congratulations to all.

For new members, please update your data in this spreadsheet so that other members will know when to expect the next milestone.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/cistracking/N400_Tracking

I am very furious at San Jose office when I see the chart of everyone's progress. I am the last person who is not interview after submitting N-400 on Jan. 2008! Why don't only I receive interview notice? Do I do wrong??? Am I a bad person????

I am very very disappointed and I am very furious at San Jose office. They must discriminate me. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

I am very furious at San Jose office when I see the chart of everyone's progress. I am the last person who is not interview after submitting N-400 on Jan. 2008! Why don't only I receive interview notice? Do I do wrong??? Am I a bad person????

I am very very disappointed and I am very furious at San Jose office. They must discriminate me. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

Perhaps you're stuck in name check. Have you talked to IO lately to inquire about your case?

Could not attend interview; case "administratively closed"

Gurus,

Need your help and advice urgently.

Me and my wife had applied for N-400 and had a PD of 12/31/2007. We successfully went thru the FP process and our interview was scheduled for July 15. Due to an urgent and unavoidable family commitment we had to go out of the country during the time of the interview was scheduled. We notified this to USCIS immediately after receiving the interview letter, attached all documentary evidence and requested for a reschedule of our interviews. We wrote only ONE letter which was signed by BOTH of us, and returned the ORIGINAL interview letters for BOTH of us.

Now, my interview has been scheduled for September 4th. However, my wife received a notice dated July 16, asking her to show reasons why she did not attend the interview INSPITE OF of us notifying USCIS in advance. This explanation was due in 30 days, failing which, it stated, that the case would be "administratively closed". To make matters worse, we had misplaced this letter and discovered it only last weekend (August 31st), which was later than the 30-day deadline.

I have written back to USCIS explaining the situation and awaiting their response.

I will really really appreciate if any of you have a similar experience and could advice me accordingly.

-sabasu

USCIS is the lazies US agency

Perhaps you're stuck in name check. Have you talked to IO lately to inquire about your case?

I called a USCIS caller center twice and talked with young persons who sounded like junkies. They said that they could not find my status online and I should just wait. That's it! It is waste of time to call USCIS. I do not understand why USCIS is keeping and paying salary to these young stupid junkies who cannot talk normally. It is a waste of our tax.

USCIS is the most lazest US Government agency. Even though many people paid much money (more than $600), they did not do anything but just make us feel very painful. Moreover, it is the least responsible US agency.