San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

My interview was way back, 2005!!

The cancellation letter was mailed from Laguna Niguel, CA. I got it on July 23. The original OL was received on July 12. K.B., is it same for you?

I wonder whether the OL for Aug 7 or 14 are mailed from local San Jose instead of from Laguna Niguel. I noticed one person here got his OL just 1 day after interview. Can anybody confirm it for me? thanks

Any other reason

After an interview is over, and recommended for approval, are there any technical reasons why an oath is not scheduled? That is, are there other "things"/checks they have to do before being scheduled for Oath? Are randomly selected people subject to this?

Let me know if you guys know of any reasons. I am going for an Infopass appointment on July 31'st and trying prepare myself with a possible list of questions that I could ask within reason and expect to get a response :)

After an interview is over, and recommended for approval, are there any technical reasons why an oath is not scheduled? That is, are there other "things"/checks they have to do before being scheduled for Oath? Are randomly selected people subject to this?

Let me know if you guys know of any reasons. I am going for an Infopass appointment on July 31'st and trying prepare myself with a possible list of questions that I could ask within reason and expect to get a response :)

My interview was in Dec 2005. My name check was clear in Nov 2007, but my case was pending until July 2008. Reason? Background check! Don't know why, USCIS kept running some kind of background check on me, and could not reach the decision until I filed 1447(b).

Received my oath letter today, for the August 14 ceremony at Santa Clara County Fairground. My priority date is 9/10/07, and my interview date was 6/24/08.

I hope everyone who is still waiting gets theirs soon.

Oath letter for August 21'st

Yep, I got my oath letter for August 21'st @ Campbell. My wife has her on August 7'th at the fairground. I haven no clue how these things are getting scheduled.

Why are your case so fast???

Got my oath letter for the Aug 14th ceremony today. Yay!!

Hi, Dave 28,

Congratulations! BTW I would like to know why your case went well so fast.
I sent N-400 on Jan. 2008 and FP on March. I am still waiting for Interview letter.

I would appreciate if you would let me know your idea why you are so fast.

George

Yep, I got my oath letter for August 21'st @ Campbell. My wife has her on August 7'th at the fairground. I haven no clue how these things are getting scheduled.

I am wondering if the Aug 7 and Aug 14 ceremonies have filled up and therefore they have started sending out letters for Aug 21. I hope I am wrong about this and they are just randomly scheduling people for the 3 ceremonies.

I am also wondering if I it is too early to schedule an InfoPass for my wife who is worrying that her letter might be lost in the mail. :eek:
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi George
I really do not have any idea why my case was processed so fast. I guess it all boils down to how quickly one's FBI background check is processed. I would advice you to make a call to find out why you still haven't received an interview letter. Something tells me it has to do with the proverbial name check. Good luck man

Yes, both mine and wife's letters were mailed from Laguna Niguel

Which means that your letter was mailed out earlier than Dave28's. ( I assume that all the people go to San Jose for oath are living nearby)

That kind of answers rkc.citizen's question: USCIS is assigning people to Aug 21 even if there are slots in Aug 14.

Well, I am not sure what that means ... But, I am not convinced by saying it is just random...

Maybe, it only means I am getting crazy...:(

congrats arungk

Congratulations Arun GK ,

Oath letter for August 21'st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so frustrated with slowness of San Jose

Hi George
I really do not have any idea why my case was processed so fast. I guess it all boils down to how quickly one's FBI background check is processed. I would advice you to make a call to find out why you still haven't received an interview letter. Something tells me it has to do with the proverbial name check. Good luck man

Hi dave,
Thank you very much for your idea. I called some weeks ago, and a "rude" male operator told me "just wait." Even I cannot find my case by online.

I saw at another BBS that many filers in Nebraska already got the citizenship. Why is it so slow? All we paid the same amount of expensive money!

I am so frustrated with the slowness of San Jose and the rude tel operator.

Jan. 2008 sent N-400
Mar. 2008 FP
Waiting for inteview........................................................

George

Hi dave,
Thank you very much for your idea. I called some weeks ago, and a "rude" male operator told me "just wait." Even I cannot find my case by online.

I saw at another BBS that many filers in Nebraska already got the citizenship. Why is it so slow? All we paid the same amount of expensive money!

I am so frustrated with the slowness of San Jose and the rude tel operator.

You'll need to speak to IO, not a CSR to get the info you're looking for. Either speak to an IO over phone or do an Infopass.

Notice of Oath Ceremony

I wanted some help from this active forum !

I received N-445 - notice of oath ceremony for August 14th in San Jose.

However, I will be traveling and cannot change my travel plans at such short notice.

2 questions :

1) Is it advisable to request a change to this date ?
2) How to I contact the right office to make this change ?

Anyone ever changed the oath ceremony date ?

please reply

Bobby