San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Ahsieh

The spread sheet is not editable now(view only), could you please enable to update the data?
Thanks

Sorry. I forgot to release it after fixing something earlier.
Hey folks, good to see so many interview letters coming in. The good thing is the lead time did not get worse.

Congratulation for those who received the IL!

My PD is May 8, and has not received my IL yet. IS there anyone whose PD is close to mine and has not received IL yet? Should I make a INFOPASS appointment? I'm bit worried...

Mailed: 5/4/07
PD: 5/8/07
FP: 7/25/07
IL: 00/00/00

According to our spreadsheet, there are still a few folks with early May PD who have not reported their receipt of IL.
I don't know if Infopass will help you at this time, but why don't you just relax and wait until early next month when the next batch of letter comes in?

It too is very intersting that most of the people have not recived oath letter yet. Last reported Oath in our spreadsheet was in November if I remember it right.

Thanks for the info. But how much is the average wait between interview and Oath? I think some people just forgot this forum after getting oath letters. Otherwise our spreadsheet does not make sense.

Oath letter

I filed N400 on February 28
i don't remember when i did fingerprint but i think it was in may

i had my interview done on december 2nd
and i got my oath letter today december 28th
my oath ceremony is january 23rd

happy times!

and i really like this forum, i have found relief in my sometimes nervous waits by seeing and hearing from others what the normal wait times are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Oath letter

I just receive the oath letter today for 01/23/08 ceremony at Campbell.
My interview date was 11/07/07. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their Oath letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
PARB and schi,

Congratulations on receiving your oath letters.
The information is very valuable to those (like punk) who are waiting for the oath letters.
But it is weird that the difference in interview date between you guys is so large.
Would you mind providing us the details of your (and your spouse's if applicable) timeline such as PD and FD?
Thanks!

Alex

Congratulations

Congratulations on getting the oath letter. This is what makes this forum great. I hope Vodka and others will get it soon.

Still Waiting. My PD is 6/6/07 and FP was done on 8/28/07. How long does it normally take after FP to get the interview letter?

Hi ahsieh

I still get the same application number not found in the system response.

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

that is strange since i have the receipt notices in my hand ! maybe I should wait until after the holidays to give them a chance to sync up

Got Invitation letter for Oath Ceremony.

N-400 for Self & Spouse
3/1/07: Applied
3/7/07: Rejected because of incorrect fee
3/9/07: InfoPass Appt
3/10/07: Mailed N-400 apps again
3/26/07: Receipt date
5/31/07: FP Done on Appt date
10/3/07: Received IL for 11/20 in SJC
11/21/07: Interview Passed on scheduled date
12/28/07: Letter recd for Oath Ceremony on Jan 23'08.

Oath Letter Received

Hi All,

I received the Oath letter in the mail on December 28th for the Oath on January 23rd, 2008

Cheers
Mumbaicar

IL for May PD

According to our spreadsheet, there are still a few folks with early May PD who have not reported their receipt of IL.
I don't know if Infopass will help you at this time, but why don't you just relax and wait until early next month when the next batch of letter comes in?

Thanks Ahsieh, I'll follow your advice.:) I'm going to wait for a while. I just don't know why some early May PD people still hasn't get IL... Do you have any idea when the next batch of letter comes? Maybe the 2nd week of Jan? I checked the spreadsheet, but it was little difficult to predict...

Mailed: 5/4/07
PD: 5/8/07
FP: 7/25/07
IL: 00/00/00

Travel After Oath - Before Getting US Passport

I am anticipating some foreign travel after oath but before I get US passports. Any idea, if I can still travel with non-US passport after taking oath? If so, what travel documents or citizenship docs should I carry as proof? And how long would the passport process take, after oath? Could some experts help me understand this process...? thanks in advance.

I still get the same application number not found in the system response.

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

that is strange since i have the receipt notices in my hand ! maybe I should wait until after the holidays to give them a chance to sync up

Hi tt tt,

I don't think you need to worry.
You have got your receipts already so you are perfectly fine with nothing to worry about; it doesn't matter if your cases show up on the web site, which isn't very helpful anyway.
I filed in Apr and the last time they updated the web site is in May.
So, just sit back and wait for about 3 to 4 months for your FP letters.
In the mean time, come here from time to time to check if the San Jose office improve their speed and someone who filed in Dec starts receiving FP letters earlier than expected.

I am anticipating some foreign travel after oath but before I get US passports. Any idea, if I can still travel with non-US passport after taking oath? If so, what travel documents or citizenship docs should I carry as proof? And how long would the passport process take, after oath? Could some experts help me understand this process...? thanks in advance.

I am no expert on this, but I think if your original country allows dual citizenship, then your current non-US passport is still valid, which means you should have no problems leaving the US.
The main problem is when you return since you don't have your green card anymore. How could you enter the US without a valid visa, a green card, or a US passport?
This is left to the experts. I am just giving my $0.02.