San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Waiting for N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Normally how long does it take to receive the N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, after the citizenship interview?

02/14/07 : PD
04/03/07: FP
10/10/07: Interview
??/??/?? : Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally how long does it take to receive the N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, after the citizenship interview?

Regards,
-anand

02/14/07 : PD
04/03/07: FP
10/10/07: Interview
??/??/?? : Oath

Hi aramamurthy, I added your data to our spreadsheet (you can remove it if you prefer), from which you can find information about when you can expect your oath letter.
Our spreadsheet says it should be within a week or two after interview.
Or maybe it also depends on when the next oath is? Not sure. Huracan or other experienced people should know better.

From one to three weeks, it depends on when they have ceremonies, and when you have your interview. It seems you had your interview about a couple of weeks ago. I would expect that your oath letter should arrive in one or two days with the next batch of oath letters for November's ceremony.

Ok, let us say the trip is postponed. Now after the interview is done and the next day I leave for India for 4 weeks. Now after the interview, there will be oath as well right?,which usually comes in a couple of weeks. So even in that case, I will still miss the oath as well. Wouldn't I? So basically I have to complete all this process and then leave for India. Is that the best method? Obviously everyone wants to go in December right?,that is the time,everyone gets leave.

Hi luckyjack,

I am in that situation. I have my interview on Nov/1st and will have to leave the US on Nov/13 for two months. My understanding from previous postings is that in that case you could tell the immigration officer who interviews you of your travel plans and it seems they are accomodating and would schedule your oath for after your return. In any case, I can let you know about my experience after my interview next week.

Also, according to padmanu's posting on Oct/10/2007 the officer said there will not be an oath ceremony in December.

I agree with others that if you can you should avoid missing the interview. I missed my fingerprinting appointment and everything worked out in the end, but I had to go to an infopass to get a new appointment date since I never got a response for the request to reschedule that I had sent in the mail.

I am waiting for IL and let say (looks like) interview schdule for January, 08.
My question: can I go to India in December and come back before Interview and attend the interview in time, is it any problem? My india trip is very important and I am going only myself, not with family, they will be here.
I have heard after applying US citizenship leaving USA is not good idea, is it true?

Please advise as so many real experts are here... thanks in advance.

04/04/07: Prority Mail
04/09/07: Received
04/09/07: Priority Date
05/07/07: Notice Date
05/07/07: FP Notice
06/09/07: FP Appt and Done
??/??/??: Interview
??/??/??: Oath

If this trip does not make you miss the residency requirements there is no problem in going. As punk said they will just add those dates during the interview. However you should make sure you are back before the interview date. As others mention it is best if you don't have to reschedule it.

Recevied my IL on 10/19. Here is my Info

PD: 3/27/07
FP: April last week
Iinterview: 12/06/07

Received my Interview Letter today (10/25). Notice Date 10/22. Interview on 12/19.
Still waiting for the IL for my wife (PD a few days later).

Congratulations, mehersam and mahba.
Just updated the spreadsheet.
It seems like the late March and early April folks are getting their IL.
punk, have you got yours?
My case still says pending online, so I guess I need to wait for mid Nov then.

MD:3/27/2007
RD:3/30/2007
PD:3/30/2007
FD:6/7/2007
IV:12/12/2007

Question: The interview for my wife and me are schedule on different time on same day. Don't know whether we can request to do it at same time?

Comments to the spreadsheet? anyone Oath letters for Nov 07?

ahsieh really appreciate your effort to put details together.

Would you add the comment type,comments column to the spreadsheet. So anyone with infopass, multiple finger printing, postponed IV/Oath etc can update the dates with short descriptions.
can be entered.Might be helpful who are in the same boat.

Add comment type(Infopass,Second FP,postponed dates,namechecks), comments short and sweet description.
Just a thought!

So far no oath letters to us.
Anyone got oath letter for Nov 07 so far?

no oath letter yet

ahsieh really appreciate your effort to put details together.

Would you add the comment type,comments column to the spreadsheet. So anyone with infopass, multiple finger printing, postponed IV/Oath etc can update the dates with short descriptions.
can be entered.Might be helpful who are in the same boat.

Add comment type(Infopass,Second FP,postponed dates,namechecks), comments short and sweet description.
Just a thought!

So far no oath letters to us.
Anyone got oath letter for Nov 07 so far?

I have not received my oath letter yet! I don't think we will receive oath letter any time soon since Nov oath will take place on 11/28. Isn't it?

I did an infopass couple of days back. (My interview was on 8/15 and have not received an oath letter). The IO said I should be in the oath ceremony for 11/28 . When I asked about the oath letter, she said, "You will get 1 week before".

I thanked her and left ... let's hope it comes :)

Mayger, avg_joe1234 thanks for the updates.
Usually 3 weeks or more time between the oath letter and the actual oath ceremony I think.

Since none of us received I am still optimistic that we might make it to Nov 28th ceremony. Update when you receive.

So far for 8/8/07 interview we have not received the oath letter even once.

same PD

I did an infopass couple of days back. (My interview was on 8/15 and have not received an oath letter). The IO said I should be in the oath ceremony for 11/28 . When I asked about the oath letter, she said, "You will get 1 week before".

I thanked her and left ... let's hope it comes :)

my pd is also 12/18/06 :). Not sure why your IV got rescheduled even though my spouse interview was done on 7/26 and oath was scheduled sep 19th (was unable to attend and no letter so far except acknowledgement that it will be rescheduled). Usually it is one oath ceremony per month not sure how your spouse did oath on 9/6.

Lately few cases we saw that it is under supervisor review. Do they mention at the time of intervew that it will go for review? Or do they send them randomly or do they use any criteria?

after fbi and name check we will receive IV and not sure what this supervisor review is for and what is going to be checked hopefully not much delay with this whoever is being reviewed.

We had to reschedule the IV since we were expecting a little one to come in that week.

At the time of IV, they said everything looks good. When I did the first infopass, everything was cleared - name check, background check.

In Sep there were 3 or 4 oath ceremonies one on 9/6 & another one on 9/7 at the San Jose office. My wife was done in ~30 mins with the whole oath ceremony.

my pd is also 12/18/06 :). Not sure why your IV got rescheduled even though my spouse interview was done on 7/26 and oath was scheduled sep 19th (was unable to attend and no letter so far except acknowledgement that it will be rescheduled). Usually it is one oath ceremony per month not sure how your spouse did oath on 9/6.

Lately few cases we saw that it is under supervisor review. Do they mention at the time of intervew that it will go for review? Or do they send them randomly or do they use any criteria?

after fbi and name check we will receive IV and not sure what this supervisor review is for and what is going to be checked hopefully not much delay with this whoever is being reviewed.

Spread Sheet

ahsieh,
Is your spread sheet for San Jose only or for other cities in California?
====================================================
Los Angeles California
=====================================================
04/16/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
05/30/07: FP Date-Oxnard CA,
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR