San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Does anybody know if the WSC number is sequential?
I mean is the number assigned in the order of priority date or something?
I just checked my status online and it is still the usual "pending" message.
But, out of curiosity I checked the status for the number that is one less my number.
Interestingly, it says:

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

I didn't know there is such as message.
I thought you either got the same "pending" message or you got "retrieval failed" message.

Then, I checked the -2 number, and it is the "retrieval failed" message.
So, I checked a few other numbers and got:

n-4: pending
n-3: retrieval failed
n-2: retrieval failed
n-1: sent for a standard interview
n: pending (my number)
n+1: pending
n+2: pending
n+3: retrieval failed
n+4: retrieval failed
n+5: pending
n+100: retrieval failed
n+200: pending
n+300: retrieval failed

After checking those numbers, it stopped me saying I checked too many numbers within a short period of time.
Hmmm... it seems like there are no pattern here.
Maybe they do assign number in order but only a large difference in number will guarantee difference in progress.

It may be sequential, but the applicant may be from different location, so that information might not be helpful in predicting when we will get the Interview letter. But this message seems new.

Received IL today

I have received IL today with interview scheduled or 11/20.

FWIW, I checked the website for status, it is showing that my IP address is blocked due to excessive traffic from it, duh!!. I saw the same message a week earlier, it went away next day. Will check again in a day or two.

cheers

Huracan

I notice that you are one of the wise ones here with considerable presence on the board. Could you kindly advice on my situation.
I (and my wife) filed my application around July 28th. The cheques were cashed around Aug 20th.
So far, I have not yet received my receipt (w/ WAC number). Fingerprinting appointment has obviously not come through either.
I called CSC and the customer service rep told me to check back if I don't receive anything 90 days from July 28th. Apparently, there is a backlog. I am not satisfied with that answer. Surely, I should have atleast received my receipt given that they have cashed my cheque.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. I received IL today.

N-400 for Self & Spouse
3/1/07: Applied
3/7/07: Rejected because of incorrect fee
3/9/07: InfoPass Appt
3/10/07: Mailed N-400 apps again
3/26/07: Receipt date
5/31/07: FP Done on Appt date
10/3/07: Received IL for 11/20 in SJC :)

Why I Online System Shows a different Received Date?

I applied on April 19th (FedExed it) and I got a letter back with a Priority Date of April 20th, but If check the Online Tracking system it says

"On May 3, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION etc etc " Why is that?

Any idea when I can expect Interview Letter/date?

04/19/07: FedExed
04/20/07: Received Date
04/20/07: Priority Date
06/01/07: FP Notice Date
06/28/07: FP Appt and Done
??/??/??: Interview
??/??/??: Oath

Hi,

I think omorpheus has already provided you with an answer and a link to the frontlog status page. At this time I would advise just to wait. Everything is experiencing delays because of the rush to beat the fee increases. By the way, if they cashed the checks it is possible that they wrote the case number on the check.

Good luck.
Huracan

I notice that you are one of the wise ones here with considerable presence on the board. Could you kindly advice on my situation.
I (and my wife) filed my application around July 28th. The cheques were cashed around Aug 20th.
So far, I have not yet received my receipt (w/ WAC number). Fingerprinting appointment has obviously not come through either.
I called CSC and the customer service rep told me to check back if I don't receive anything 90 days from July 28th. Apparently, there is a backlog. I am not satisfied with that answer. Surely, I should have atleast received my receipt given that they have cashed my cheque.

Still haven't received oath notice

I passed my interview on 8/7/07 and still haven't not received oath notice yet. My file was sent to interview officer's supervisor on 8/27/07. My finger print and FBI check are all fine. Does anyone know whether I am going to make it to Oct 24 oath or not?

Thanks

The online status is not very useful, although there has been a recent report that they might be changing some of the messages to indicate that an interview letter has been sent. Anyway, they seem to be processing mid march now for interviews. Very much back of the envelope calculation you are still about a month and a half from getting any interview letter if everything works well.

My 2 cents.

I applied on April 19th (FedExed it) and I got a letter back with a Priority Date of April 20th, but If check the Online Tracking system it says

"On May 3, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION etc etc " Why is that?

Any idea when I can expect Interview Letter/date?

04/19/07: FedExed
04/20/07: Received Date
04/20/07: Priority Date
06/01/07: FP Notice Date
06/28/07: FP Appt and Done
??/??/??: Interview
??/??/??: Oath

Thanks a lot Huracan

The online status is not very useful, although there has been a recent report that they might be changing some of the messages to indicate that an interview letter has been sent. Anyway, they seem to be processing mid march now for interviews. Very much back of the envelope calculation you are still about a month and a half from getting any interview letter if everything works well.

My 2 cents.

Thanks a lot Huracan for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Priority Date?

Hi y4u,

Was your priority date Mar 26? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. I received IL today.

N-400 for Self & Spouse
3/1/07: Applied
3/7/07: Rejected because of incorrect fee
3/9/07: InfoPass Appt
3/10/07: Mailed N-400 apps again
3/26/07: Receipt date
5/31/07: FP Done on Appt date
10/3/07: Received IL for 11/20 in SJC :)

FP Completed

FP completed today at SJ ASC on the scheduled date & time. No hassles. Took about 10mins. For some reason, they did not give us the CD or the civics test booklet that some have received. Did anyone receive this recently at SJ ASC? Other details are in my signature

Congratulations!!!

So FP had no bearing on the Interview date. Your PD is 2 days before mine and interview is 4 business days before mine.

Yes, as you noted Vodka Martini, even though I got my fingerprint done almost 3 months after the original date it did not cause any delays to my interview schedule. I definitely hope this is useful information for other people who may miss their initial fp appointment b/c of travel or other reason.

Also, as for the online case status, mine is still there and has not changed status, even though my interview has been scheduled and I have received the interview letter.

At the USCIS site I had created an account and added my case number to my portfolio, as opposed to always just checking the case on the "Case status search". I wonder if that may be the reason why my case did not disappear.

Are there other people who have created an account and added the case number to the portfolios and had their case disappear when the interview was scheduled? Would be interesting if we can determine why some cases disappear and other don't.

Many thanks. The numbers are not really readable. Infact there are several number. I took those numbers, appended WAC to it and tried my luck on the online status page. They system couldn't find it.
The link was useful. I am hoping the receipt and fingerprinting notice will be forthcoming in the next week or so

This link will provide you details that N-400 received before July 30 have been processed by CSC:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

If your application was received after that time, give it another week or so else make an INFOPASS appointment and check out the status. You can also find your receipt number at the back of your encashed checks.

Good luck ...