San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

We went to the Campbell SS office which is less than a mile from the theatre and it was the 1st thing we did after oath! Someone on the forum said that perhaps it was better at least one fed agency had notice of a person's new immig status and this made sense.
No form needs to be filled, just tell the person what you want and you get new ss cards in a few weeks.
Our voter reg postcard took almost 4 weeks to come even though we mailed the reg forms a couple days after oath.

Finished FP yesterday at San Jose office, they were out of Questions booklet, is there any way I can print from web.
So whats the next step after FP ?

Many folks mention they got a booklet at the time of FP for studying for the interview.
I didn't see any booklet being given out at my FP time. Is there anything other than the standard 100 questions given in the USCIS website ?

Thanks
GC_guru

No, it is the standard 96 questions, with additional explanations and a CD with audio of those questions. Anyway, I ended up not using the booklet and studied with the flash cards on the uscis link I posted above. I think the contents of the booklet can be found online, but I don't know which link it is exactly. Again, the link I just posted a little while ago should have all the relevant info.

Oath letter updates.

Had anyone got oath with interveiw done on or after 8/8/07.

Looks like they have sent only one batch as I have not seen any more updates after the first batch (may be last batch too) for sep 19th Oath ceremony.

Had anyone got oath with interveiw done on or after 8/8/07.

Looks like they have sent only one batch as I have not seen any more updates after the first batch (may be last batch too) for sep 19th Oath ceremony.

loveduser, I would say schedule an INFOPASS and inquire. You should have received the oath letter by now.

Good luck !!!

I agree. I think according to the date of your interview if you got a positive N-652 you should have made it to the Sept. 19 ceremony.

loveduser, I would say schedule an INFOPASS and inquire. You should have received the oath letter by now.

Good luck !!!

Thanks omorpheus. Time constraint and cannot go for Infopass. Hope they allow the spouse for the infopass.

Hope the letter is not missing and they are scheduling for Oct Oath.

Haven't received oath letter either!

I passed my interview on 8/7 and still haven't received the oath letter. I was hoping to make the 9/19 ceremony date originally because I want to plan a 3 months oversea trip. Now, I can't do any planning ...

Question:
1. Does USCIS only send out oath letters once a month?
2. Would setting up an infopass help me to find out my oath date? Can I request to take oath eariler via infopass?

Thanks a lot!

I passed my interview on 8/7 and still haven't received the oath letter. I was hoping to make the 9/19 ceremony date originally because I want to plan a 3 months oversea trip. Now, I can't do any planning ...

Question:
1. Does USCIS only send out oath letters once a month?
2. Would setting up an infopass help me to find out my oath date? Can I request to take oath eariler via infopass?

Thanks a lot!
1. As far as I can see it is one batch, at least for the Campbell ceremony. It seems there are other extra ceremonies performed at the USCIS office, but I am not sure what determines when they organize this type of ceremony and who gets into one of these. It seems it might have to do with being in a hurry to complete the naturalization, but who's not?
2. Sure, I don't think it will hurt. Please let us know what you find. I am not sure if they will be sympathetic to your request to speed up the oath, but you might find why you were not scheduled for September.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huracan, thank you! I have scheduled an appointment with Infopass for tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated on what happen. Thanks!

I passed the interview on 8/27/07 morning (Monterey Hwy office in San Jose). It was a pretty quick and simple process. I went there 10 minutes before my time. I was called on time (ahead of a few folks that were waiting before I got there).

Only things I took with me are Green card, passport, driver's license and interview letter. It took less than 10 minutes to complete the interview.

I was asked to the following things:

1. Write my full name in cursive couple of places
2. Print my name in couple of places
3. Write a sentence in english "I will support America's constitution."
4. Was handed a printed paper with 10 questions about America's history (very simple questions).

That's pretty much it. The officer congratulated me and I was out of there.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

PS: My friend, who attended interview on 16th August already got oath letter (scheduled for 6th September for him and 7th for his wife).

FP Notice Received

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
07/09/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/17/2007 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
07/19/2007 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)
08/08/2007 : Notice Date (Received in the mail on the 10th)
08/27/2007: FP Notice Date (Notice received 08/30/2007)
10/04/2007: FP Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Done.
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath

Naturalization Certificate missing

I got my passport :)

I mailled my application wednesday just after the ceremony and had requested the "expedite" service. My passport was waitting in the mail box. Yhe only thing is that the envelope only contained the passport, my Naturalization certificate was not there!

It woudl make sense to send the two documents separately, but nothing was mentionned about that. Any experience about getting your passport first and then latter the certificate?

Roger

I got my passport :)

I mailled my application wednesday just after the ceremony and had requested the "expedite" service. My passport was waitting in the mail box. Yhe only thing is that the envelope only contained the passport, my Naturalization certificate was not there!

It woudl make sense to send the two documents separately, but nothing was mentionned about that. Any experience about getting your passport first and then latter the certificate?

Roger

Congrats Roger on your getting passport so soon :)

If you see expedited passport thread, the passport and naturalization certificates are mailed from two different locations. You will get your certificate soon. Just pray that they don't fold it ...