San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Wish it is early in the morning like interview and only lasts 10min. What I hear is it takes about 2hrs. Let us see.

Might loose one days money :(

I'm afraid you're not going to get so much love at the oath ceremony :(

USCIS reserves the theater from 9 to 5, but I don't know which is the first ceremony that actually takes place. Perhaps they start at 9, setting up everything and the first ceremony starts probably later. I don't know if it always takes two hours, but definitely not 10 minutes :(

they have send fp notice like the first one.

12/18/06 :pD
01/14/07 :FPN
01/20/07 :FPA
01/16/07 :FP Done
05/14/07 :Second FPN (Unable to Process FP)
05/31/07 :FPA and Done on 5/31/07
06/23/07 :IL Received
08/08/07 :Interview Done Passed.

How was your 2nd FP experience? I had my 2nd FP too, however, I can see my 2nd FP is even worse than the 1st FP (all prints are around 50 something + match warming). I questioned the lady who did the FP for me if my second set would be OK. She was so unhelpful and said nothing she could do about it. So did you schedule an infopass after your 2nd FP to check on your case status?

After the first fingerprint when I called FBI they said that they have sent the result to USCIS on the same day. Can FBI customer service tell whether I need another fingerprint or not. How do I know whether I should not get another fingerprint letter.

How was your 2nd FP experience? I had my 2nd FP too, however, I can see my 2nd FP is even worse than the 1st FP (all prints are around 50 something + match warming). I questioned the lady who did the FP for me if my second set would be OK. She was so unhelpful and said nothing she could do about it. So did you schedule an infopass after your 2nd FP to check on your case status?

Huracan,
Both our oaths are on 22nd August. Mine is at 10 AM. Knowing you, I am sure you have done your research on where to park so that coming out is easier, what to take etc. Can you share your thoughts?

thanks.

omorpheus,

Haven't heard anything from you in almost a week. My guess is that the August ceremony is not looking very likely. Have you gone for an Infopass?

Thanks for asking Huracan. Sorry for the late reply but yesterday could not access this website.

I haven't got any letter so far. The urgency for oath was because of some family problems back home for which I needed to travel soon. However, now that things are under control, I have postponed the visit by a month.

Anyways, I have lost faith in IOs and INFOPASS. In my first INFOPASS, they said that I will receive letter within 30 days for Interview in June which I got for July finally. The IO during interview (who was not that courteous) said that you will most likely get Aug 22 date as its not full which I did not. So, have lost all optimism and faith in this system. I hope they don't screw my Sep oath date.

Also, in case I need to travel b4 oath, can I use my GC and my home country passport? Is there a problem in it?

All the best for your oath and do post your oath and passport experience.

Hi omorpheus,

I understand. Yes, the site was down for most of the day yesterday. I also understand that Infopass is sometimes less than helpful. I was curious because so far I think there is only one oath letter mail out per month. I was curious to see if they send letters after the big mailout, probably not. Perhaps they fill out whatever they need to fill out just by giving oath letters to people after the interview. It is not unheard of that people have gotten oath letters after interview is finished in San Jose. At least that's what I remember.

Anyway, yes, you shouldn't have any trouble to take a trip out of the country with GC and your homecountry passport. Of course the usual disclaimer that the trip shouldn't put you over the limit of continuous residence/physical presence requirements, but this is very rarely the case.

Good luck and I hope you get your oath letter soon.

Huracan,
Both our oaths are on 22nd August. Mine is at 10 AM. Knowing you, I am sure you have done your research on where to park so that coming out is easier, what to take etc. Can you share your thoughts?

thanks.

You give me too much credit ;)

I have been to the Campbell community center a few times for other purposes. I have been checking the maps online and the parking lot I was intending to use is indeed the closest to the theater. I am planning to use the parking lot close to the football stadium/track. That's alongside W Campbell St, on the west side of the community center. I am not sure about coming out, but for me it probably means my work afternoon is shot anyway, so I won't be in a hurry to leave. My plan is to go home for lunch and then go to the oath ceremony with plenty of time, that's the plan, don't want to arrive late and anxious as happened with my interview.

Here is the map of the community center:

http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/pdfdownloads/CCCMap4email.pdf

I plan to use the Campbell parking lot.

Google maps of the parking lot and theater:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...21.952137&spn=0.001805,0.003664&t=h&z=18&om=1

I'll double check the oath letter, but I think it is Green Card, oath letter, driver's license. Any other immigration document you might have (it doesn't apply to most people). I don't think we need to bring passport, but if you have had trips to add to the oath letter it is probably wise to bring the passport along.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the information Huracan. You are right that the oath letters are only mailed once a month (appx around 30 days prior to oath date) -- so next mailout will be in week of Aug 20-24 for Sep 19. Till that time I will sit and hold.

Loveduser -- let me know once you receive your oath letter.

Thanks a lot for the information Huracan. You are right that the oath letters are only mailed once a month (appx around 30 days prior to oath date) -- so next mailout will be in week of Aug 20-24 for Sep 19. Till that time I will sit and hold.

Loveduser -- let me know once you receive your oath letter.

yes I will update asap. I am guessing that we should get it for sep 19th. Good luck to you too.

Early FP not allowed at 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose ASC

Hi Folks
Just wanted to update you that i and my wife visited 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose ASC yesterday around 3 pm for an early FP (FP scheduled for Aug 23/24) and talked to the guy at reception. Told him i will be out on a business trip during that time and hence wanted to do an early FP.
He said either return the notice and ask for rescheduling or come after the FP date on a Wed or Sat and get it done then.
I asked him in case he was busy and if i should try again sometime, he answered not before the FP date.
Has anyone else had the same experience at that ASC?
Regards

I think the anecdotal rate of rejection has been going up lately. I don't know if this is to improve their flow of applicants or who knows why, but I have seen people rejected (although not as flatly as you) in the past few weeks. Perhaps too many people were taking advantage of the early FP and they were all screwed up with their workload. Sorry to hear what happened to you.

tried walkin didn't workout(that time they were not allowing anyone as per this discussion form too). But as per the apt it was completed in time and the process is same as first. As of now interview is done and as you can see not much of delay for the interview with second fp about couple of weeks. And I assume the second fp was clear.

No infopass reqest so far for the processes. Hope I don't need one. Once we get oath letter means even the FP was cleared for sure :) as is I am assuming that it is clear as the Interview is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid you're not going to get so much love at the oath ceremony :(

USCIS reserves the theater from 9 to 5, but I don't know which is the first ceremony that actually takes place. Perhaps they start at 9, setting up everything and the first ceremony starts probably later. I don't know if it always takes two hours, but definitely not 10 minutes :(

:) Thanks. Will update this forum once it is done.

Case online

Here are my timelines for CSC
Mailed both spouse and my app in separate envelopes inside one larger envelope. (save postage)
Mailed 07/09/07 (Certified Mail with return receipt green card) from San Jose
Delivered by USPO on 07/17/07 ( dont know the delay but looks like other people in this forum have had similar issues)
Green receipt card never received
Check Cashed 07/19/07 (From online check images bank website 07/20/07)
Case online for both: 08/08/07 (Used numbers on the front of the check)
Waiting for Receipt & FP notices

Cool! Your last post was 5 years ago. Welcome to the citizenship forum!
Thanks ,Huracan. Yes, I was debating whether or not to apply for Citizenship. But with the increasing fees, thought why pay more. I have been silently lurking in the forum until my case became online. Most of the issues and questions are always the same for all of us. Staple or not to staple, one envelope/2 envelopes etc. I did staple my application but not the check. Put the photographs in a translucent envelope etc since I was scared that it may fall down. Minor things. More anxious when USPS did not deliver my package even after 7 days. But we worry about everything when it comes to INS (or USCIS now). And I am not alone I guess. Now the waiting game begins.

Receipt Notice Received

I797C received today for both spouse and myself

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
07/09/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/17/2007 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
07/19/2007 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)
08/08/2007 : Notice Date (Received in the mail on the 10th)
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Notice Date
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Done.
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath

I was in the same boat. I tried bunch of times with san jose ASC. They were crazy. Don't even want to listen if i have valid reason. I went to Oakland ASC and got it done.

Hi Folks
Just wanted to update you that i and my wife visited 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose ASC yesterday around 3 pm for an early FP (FP scheduled for Aug 23/24) and talked to the guy at reception. Told him i will be out on a business trip during that time and hence wanted to do an early FP.
He said either return the notice and ask for rescheduling or come after the FP date on a Wed or Sat and get it done then.
I asked him in case he was busy and if i should try again sometime, he answered not before the FP date.
Has anyone else had the same experience at that ASC?
Regards