San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations :)

Thanks for the interview experience. I guess you had been stuck in name check for a while, judging by your timeline, is it true?

Interview Experience

That's true Huracan. Its been a year since I applied with several Infopass appts etc. Glad that part is over.

N-400 Timeline
Dist Off: San Jose
11/22/06: N-400 Mailed
11/24/06: Priority Date
12/08/06: Notice Date
12/20/06: FP Notice Date
01/04/07: FP Date
05/21/07: Interview Notice Date
07/10/07: Interview Pass
08/22/07: Oath Scheduled
XX/XX/XX: Passport Apply
XX/XX/XX: Passport Receive

I am also open to expedited passport advice. For now I think I have made up my mind about doing expedited, but without overnight delivery. It seems that overnight delivery doesn't give you as much bang for your buck as expedited does. I don't have travel plans until Christmas. I am planning to go Thursday morning to a post office, other than that I haven't planned much. I have filled out the DS-11 online and have them ready to print.

My 2 cents.

can someone share if we can take our kids (3 & 7) for FP at San Jose?

Hi Folks
I have got my FP letter for Aug23 for wife and Aug 24 for myself (both PD June 4). I was just wondering if i need to leave my kids somewhere or we can take them along when we go for FP on the scheduled date or earlier (I hear Thursdays afternoon is a safe bet)?
Also what are the timings for the San Jose office for FP, anyone knows?
Thanks for all the good info we can find in this thread which is impossible to get anywhere else.
Regards
NK

Hi
My PD is Feb 07 2007
DO San Jose
IL received on August 4 2007 dated August 1 2007
IL Date September 27 2007

I am moving from San Jose area to Los Angeles
Considering that I am moving on August 19 2007 what do you recommend

Should I inform INS by AR11
Is there a period like I can wait a week or 30 days to inform abt address change
should I attend or not attend the interview ???

I HAVE TO MOVE !!!

So I guess I shall have to file AR11 and wait for new Interview letter

You need to do AR11, but I don't think it's going to be enough. I think the AR11 page has information about how to update your case with your new address by phone. I guess an Infopass could be used for that. Definitely the AR11 is not going to be useful to update your address with respect to your application, it's only going to be good to comply with the law.

Remember that AR11 can be done online now. I put the online AR11 somewhere not that long ago, please search for it in the forum, or on the uscis website.

Hi Folks
I have got my FP letter for Aug23 for wife and Aug 24 for myself (both PD June 4). I was just wondering if i need to leave my kids somewhere or we can take them along when we go for FP on the scheduled date or earlier (I hear Thursdays afternoon is a safe bet)?
Also what are the timings for the San Jose office for FP, anyone knows?
Thanks for all the good info we can find in this thread which is impossible to get anywhere else.
Regards
NK

I think taking kids is alright, the room is quite big. My guess is that they (or you can tell that) can take you in for FP in turns so one of you can take care of the kids while the other is doing the FP. I am not sure what you mean with the timings, do you mean the business hours, or the best time to go? To be honest I don't know the answer. I went there around Christmas time and we were the only ones in the place. Some people think that there is not much benefit in going for early FP. I think I pretty much concur with this. It seems that interviews are scheduled according to priority date. On the other hand if the day of your appointment is a bad day for you to go then by all means go for an earlier walk-in. Otherwise it is fine to wait for your scheduled appointment.

My 2 cents.

Hi All,

I had my Interview today at San Jose DO. The IO gave me N-652 with "Decision cannot be made" backgrounds checks not complete. Has anyone else gotten a similar letter from San Jose DO recently? My spouse had the interview at the same time and she got a reply that she'll get an oath letter pretty soon.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi All,

I had my Interview today at San Jose DO. The IO gave me N-652 with "Decision cannot be made" backgrounds checks not complete. Has anyone else gotten a similar letter from San Jose DO recently? My spouse had the interview at the same time and she got a reply that she'll get an oath letter pretty soon.

Thanks,
Tom

Not common, but I've seen a few cases lately. One is supposed not to be scheduled for interview until the name check is cleared, but I guess some cases do.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=259428&highlight=background+decision
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=253911&highlight=background+decision

Only good news is that the clock should start ticking for the 120 days they have to give you a final answer. You might consider talking to congressman right away to find out why they could not recommend you for approval at the interview and whether something can be done.

My 2 cents.

Interview. passed

Was called in 5min after the apt time (reached 25min early).
Interview was more than 20min and felt the Officer was not that friendly but not too bad too. Was very strict (no greetings or smiles until the interview is done). The interview lasted for about more than 20+ min. Answered all the questions.

But final outcome was good. Interview passed. Oath letter will take 1-3months the standard answer.

omorpheus,

Haven't heard anything from you in almost a week. My guess is that the August ceremony is not looking very likely. Have you gone for an Infopass?

Hi All,

Thanks,
Tom

Usually the interview letter is send after the clearance of FP and Name check. I was scheduled for interview after my second FP as the first FP were not clean as per them.

Are you the one with about 3yr old girl with a green shirt?

Didn't know that we can bring in kids there and hope this helps who has no choice to leave the kid when both have the interview. I saw kid's chairs and a table with some toys, which means to me that kids are allowed to sit there supervised.

Thanks a lot for your response Huracan. I will wait for a few weeks before taking any action cuz the IO said that she'll try to schedule my oath with my wife, she was saying that her computer was acting up and she couldn't do the background check? Maybe she was not able to link my background check with my records or something I don't know, but I am optimistic. :)

Regds,
Tom

Oath timing.

Generally what is the oath time(s) or will this too differ by day? Believe there are no oaths on weekend though. From this forum I learned that usually it takes about 2hrs for the Oath to be completed.

Contracting, will loose 1 days worth of money. (Luckily atleast the interview is early morning where you can be little late to the office and makeup the time).

they have send fp notice like the first one.

12/18/06 :pD
01/14/07 :FPN
01/20/07 :FPA
01/16/07 :FP Done
05/14/07 :Second FPN (Unable to Process FP)
05/31/07 :FPA and Done on 5/31/07
06/23/07 :IL Received
08/08/07 :Interview Done Passed.

I think oath ceremony is always on a Wednesday. The one in September is going to be on the 19th. I think there could be more than one ceremony per day, so it is impossible to make any plan until you get the oath letter, which should be in your hands if everything goes according to plan in around a couple of weeks.