San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi, I have an infopass today and got notified that my case is name check pending. I filed my case 01/03/2007. Anyone know the phone number of FBI to check the progress of the name check?

Thanks.

**mail sent: 01/03/2007
**notice date: 01/23/2007
**Fp date: 02/06/2007
**Infopass(1): 07/03/2007 --name check pending
**interview: ?
**oath: ?

Some earlier posts on this thread, had reported that infopass told them that their case was pending name check. However, they got interview letters a few weeks later.

Question regarding N-400 form

My interview is scheduled for July 26 and my wife is also due the same day. In case she delivers before my interview time, do I need to furnish new N-400 form with the details about my child? No other information in the form has changed.

Also, what current address of the child to give in case he is still in the hospital? The hospital address or my current address?

Thanks in advance !!!

Good luck to everyone with interviews/oath in July month !!!

I would say your current address. I hope everything goes fine. I guess you can either bring a corrected page with your child information or mention to the officer and the officer can change the form. I guess the whole thing raises quite a few issues, because if the child is born the same day and the birth is still not registered, what name do you provide? I would say it is unusual, but I wouldn't worry much about this. I am pretty sure USCIS will accomodate this change.

I would say your current address. I hope everything goes fine. I guess you can either bring a corrected page with your child information or mention to the officer and the officer can change the form. I guess the whole thing raises quite a few issues, because if the child is born the same day and the birth is still not registered, what name do you provide? I would say it is unusual, but I wouldn't worry much about this. I am pretty sure USCIS will accomodate this change.

Thanks a lot Huracan for the prompt response.

From the posts I see that IOs are generally co-operative, so it should not matter that much .... I will inform IO about this and let him/her decide...

Tried for a walk-in FP today around 9:20AM. Couldn't get an appointment as there were a several people waiting for their FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, guys! Finished our (me & my wife) interviews today and it turned out to be a very smooth affair.

I reached there 15 minutes before the scheduled time. After security clearance, you have to turn right and go up the stairs and go to room 219 for the interview. Just drop your appointment letter at Window #2. You can't see through the glass, but a mysterious person will pick up the letter from other side. It is a big enough hall with small play area for kids as well, so it is perfectly OK to take your kids as well.

5 minutes after my scheduled time, Ms. Julia called me and took me to her office. She asked for my green card and CA ID. After that, she took my oath and had me say that whatever I say is true and nothing but true!

She started going through my N-400 and checked if everything is still accurate. I had change of address (AR-11) and 3 India trips after I had filed N-400, so she noted all very patiently.

Then, she made me write an English sentence in cursive and also made me write my name in cursive. She also gave me a print out with 10 questions. I got all of them right. They were among standard 96 questions.

Finally, she told me that my oath would be on Aug 22nd. I requested if it can be set up for July since I need to travel for business. She told me that there is an oath ceremony in USCIS office on July 27th and she will include me for that ceremony. She also offered to do the same for my wife (her case was also with the same officer). So, both of us are scheduled for July 27th. No letter yet, but she told me that they'll send me the letter shortly.

In brief, it is a very smooth affair and nothing to sweat over.

Good luck to you all!

Congrats!

Congratulations! Things are moving...slowly but they are moving nonetheless.

Good luck in your ceremony in July!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Congratulations Want it now! I am so glad to hear about your smooth interview. Shows that it's not as bad as it sounds :)

Thanks for sharing,
Manita

I am not a psychic ^_^ but I predict you will receive your FP notice this coming week, and for fun, I say this Thursday 5 July. Let me know how it goes.

Siliconhybrid,

Dude (or gal), you must be a psychic for sure! Yes, I received my FP notice today (Thursday). The scheduled FP date is 07/25 3 days ahead of our departure. I might try an early FP or just wait until the scheduled date.

Thanks all for your advice. It is just one stop on the ultimate road to citizenship.

Tried for a walk-in FP today around 9:20AM. Couldn't get an appointment as there were a several people waiting for their FP.

Did you ask them whether you may comeback when there is no line?

I did mine on Thursday afternoon at 3pm, if you want to give it another shot perhaps afternoon is better (I don't know) , or just go and see if there are a lot of people. Or.. just wait for your 7/20 appt, that's only 2 weeks away :p

Did they ask you why you came earlier than appt date? what did you say?

Siliconhybrid,

Dude (or gal), you must be a psychic for sure! Yes, I received my FP notice today (Thursday). The scheduled FP date is 07/25 3 days ahead of our departure. I might try an early FP or just wait until the scheduled date.

Thanks all for your advice. It is just one stop on the ultimate road to citizenship.

Hahaha... lucky educated guess for me.

The reason I predicted Thursday was that I received both of my PD notice (5/24) and FP notice (6/21) on Thursdays. I assume they send out these notices every Mondays or Tuesdays, and so Thursdays are most likely time for the letters to arrive.

Good luck on your walk-in FP. James400 was just rejected on his walk-in. You might want to check how many people are actually waiting inside the room, if there are many ppl, I say come back some other time.

btw, I'm a dude.

Here is my timeline update -

N-400 timeline : San Jose
05/03/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC
05/07/2007 : CSC received date
05/07/2007 : Priority Date
05/22/2007 : Recd Notice Date
06/26/2007 : FP Notice Date
07/21/2007 : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : FP Done
??/??/???? : Interview Date
??/??/???? : Oath

Congratulations WantItNow :) You made honor to your nickname and made the IO know you wanted your oath ceremony Now! ;)

Oath dates at Campbell, San Jose

I have my interview scheduled on 8/15/07 ( FYI - PD 1/5, FP 2/1 - walk-in, IV-letter 6/25).

Is any one keeping track of the Oath dates for San Jose. Is there usually a one month gap between IV and oath? Will they give the oath date right away..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice received

FP notice received for PD 5/7/2007. Appointment is on 7/24/07.

Congrats to all who received FP notices this week.

From a previous post it seems there is a ceremony on August 22. I have my interview a couple of days after yours. It is usually about a month from interview to oath ceremony, but it depends on when the interview is done and how full the ceremony is. It's funny how you got your interview letter much later than me but still got an interview earlier than mine, go figure ;) Are you sure your interview is 07/15 or 08/15?

Can you please share what have you been instructed to bring to the interview, there seems to be a list of 6 things out which i think only 2 are applicable to me.

Interview letter mentioned following things to bring to the interview,

Interview letter
Passport
Green card
State issued ID (driving licence)

I read from another posting that the number to check on the FP status is (304) 625-2000. I have not checked my FP status myself, so this is just hearsay...

I called this number and someone answered "FBI", I said I just did a FP, and would like to know if FBI accepted my FP. She said 'let me transfer you, please hold', and then I hanged up because I wasn't prepared :confused: :p

What sort of information do they need to check my FP status, anyone has experience with this?

I wouldn't waste my time trying to find this out. If they found some dirt on you they are not going to tell you ;) Only thing you gain is that the FP were good quality and they sent the results back to USCIS. I am trying to remember a case were FP has been an issue and I can't remember. Well, I remember someone posting that needed to repeat FP because of bad quality, and eventually had to ask for a police report. If the technician who took your FP seemed satisfied with the quality that should be enough. The real delay can come from name check, but FP results are breeze.

I am still waiting for my FP notice. I guess I will receive it this Thursday? :)

Hahaha... lucky educated guess for me.

The reason I predicted Thursday was that I received both of my PD notice (5/24) and FP notice (6/21) on Thursdays. I assume they send out these notices every Mondays or Tuesdays, and so Thursdays are most likely time for the letters to arrive.

Good luck on your walk-in FP. James400 was just rejected on his walk-in. You might want to check how many people are actually waiting inside the room, if there are many ppl, I say come back some other time.

btw, I'm a dude.