San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Huracan,
You are right... sorry that was a typo. My IV is 8/15.

Another interesting info.. my wife (who also is applying with me) had a FP retaken on 5/29. Some how both of us got the interview on the same date (8/15). Not sure if getting the IV means every thing is OK with FP.. or may be we are just lucky that things moved fast..
Is it true that these days the IV is not scheduled until FP is cleared?

Thanks

From a previous post it seems there is a ceremony on August 22. I have my interview a couple of days after yours. It is usually about a month from interview to oath ceremony, but it depends on when the interview is done and how full the ceremony is. It's funny how you got your interview letter much later than me but still got an interview earlier than mine, go figure ;) Are you sure your interview is 07/15 or 08/15?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called this number and someone answered "FBI", I said I just did a FP, and would like to know if FBI accepted my FP. She said 'let me transfer you, please hold', and then I hanged up because I wasn't prepared :confused: :p

What sort of information do they need to check my FP status, anyone has experience with this?

They will need your N-400 case#.

If you are not constrained by when your case is adjudicated, this won't help much. There was a case on this thread, where the original FP was not good quality and he got a notice to redo FP; I believe his interview got delayed by a month or so.

Hi Folks

I tried to do a FP walk-in today, 07/06/08 - 2:15PM (based on Siliconhybrid's suggestion of timing) at San jose ASC, the entry desk person refused (he said there were many people waiting in the side room, looked like there about 15-20 people, is that a large number?) when I told him I won't be in town at the time of the actual FP date.

Any suggestions?. Should I try again on Saturday or any other time. What are the favorable times?. Are weekdays better?. Any of all your well educated analysis would be appreciated.

My timelines below:-

N-400 mailed - 05/07/07 (overnight fedex)
N-400 received - 05/08/07 (tracking confirmation)
PD -05/08/07
NOA - 05/26/07 - receipt notice
INFOPASS at san jose - 07/03/07 - FBI name check cleared, but no FP notice
FP notice - 07/05/07
Tried walk-in FP - 07/06/07 - 2:00AM - desk officer refused
Actual FP date - 07/26/07
Interview - ???
Oath - ???

Hi Huracan,
You are right... sorry that was a typo. My IV is 8/15.

Another interesting info.. my wife (who also is applying with me) had a FP retaken on 5/29. Some how both of us got the interview on the same date (8/15). Not sure if getting the IV means every thing is OK with FP.. or may be we are just lucky that things moved fast..
Is it true that these days the IV is not scheduled until FP is cleared?

Thanks

FP is usually cleared very quickly (couple of days), so chances are your wife's FP cleared quickly and it didn't affect the interview scheduling (which is mostly based on priority date, unless the name check adds delay). Bottom line, I would assume that your interview scheduling means that both FP, and name check are clear.

Hi Folks

I tried to do a FP walk-in today, 07/06/08 - 2:15PM (based on Siliconhybrid's suggestion of timing) at San jose ASC, the entry desk person refused (he said there were many people waiting in the side room, looked like there about 15-20 people, is that a large number?) when I told him I won't be in town at the time of the actual FP date.

Any suggestions?. Should I try again on Saturday or any other time. What are the favorable times?. Are weekdays better?. Any of all your well educated analysis would be appreciated.

PD -05/08/07
FP notice - 07/05/07
Interview - ???
Oath - ???

I would try on Saturday, chances are it will be lighter, but hey, a lot of people are applying now for different benefits, so the demand can be higher now.

Hi Folks

PD -05/08/07
FP notice - 07/05/07
Interview - ???
Oath - ???

You did an INFOPASS and were told FBI cleared name check, even before FP?

Amicus, yes thats correct, that what they told me at the INFOPASS session even before FP

BTW - Hurcan, Thank you, I took your suggestion and went to SJC ASC 9:00AM and tried a walk-in, the guy behind the desk was quite courteous, I explained my position to him and he asked me to come at 3:00 PM today (07/07/07 - Saturday). I went back at 3:00PM and completed walk-in FP successfully.

My timelines are as below now:-

PD -05/08/07
FP notice - 07/05/07
Tried walk-in FP again - 07/07/07 - 3:00PM - completed successfully
Actual FP date as per NOA - 07/26/07
Interview - ???
Oath - ???

The whole process seems to have gotten even slower now. Given the dates, I am expecting my interview to be late September or early October. That would mean oath in October/November. Thats full 9 months since I would have applied!

Even my GC happened faster! Applied in March 2001 and CP completed on Nov 19 same year!

Luckily life doesn't stop during this process like GC. So am ok waiting for this long.

Any feb folks getting their interview appt letters yet?

Hi,

I was driving by the finger printing office yesterday (saturday 1:00PM) and decided to stop-by to see if they would let me give my fingerprint. The lady at the reception was very helpful. I mentioned to her that I had tried to do a walk-in earlier and that I was asked to come back when it is not very crowded. I asked her if she considered today to be a busy day or not and that I didn't mind coming back later. She took a moment to think and said she would let me give my fingerprint in a few minutes. Finger printing was done in 15 minutes.

Good Luck.

The whole process seems to have gotten even slower now. Given the dates, I am expecting my interview to be late September or early October. That would mean oath in October/November. Thats full 9 months since I would have applied!

Even my GC happened faster! Applied in March 2001 and CP completed on Nov 19 same year!

Luckily life doesn't stop during this process like GC. So am ok waiting for this long.

Any feb folks getting their interview appt letters yet?

You might want to setup INFOPASS and see if your FBI name check and FP check is complete?. Typically, those are taking longer time to complete. However, that doesn't fully explain the situation at SJC DO, because at SFO/Oakland DO, almost 70 % of the people I know who applied there have completed the entire process end-to-end within 4 months. So we should rally and write to Senators and have them check why SJC DO is so slow and taking 9 months atleast.

Have you got your IL yet? Looks like you and I are on the same boat. My prority date is 12/29, but I still haven't got my IL yet. Keep me posted.

Still waiting for IL

Hi, I have an infopass today and got notified that my case is name check pending. I filed my case 01/03/2007. Anyone know the phone number of FBI to check the progress of the name check?

Thanks.

**mail sent: 01/03/2007
**notice date: 01/23/2007
**Fp date: 02/06/2007
**Infopass(1): 07/03/2007 --name check pending
**interview: ?
**oath: ?

Look like you and I are on the same boat. My priority date is in dec/06, but I still haven't received my IL. Please keep me posted.

BTW, usually how often the ILs will be sent out? Once a week, once every two weeks....?

Amicus, yes thats correct, that what they told me at the INFOPASS session even before FP

Hi montage9

I am a bit clueless about infopass, did you actually go to the San Jose office (where? is it at Monterey road?) or you spoke thru the phone?
When you scheduled infopass, did you choose:
- You have a question about your case or
- You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

I certainly would love to know if my FP was accepted and that my name check has been cleared.

Thanks

Hi montage9

I am a bit clueless about infopass, did you actually go to the San Jose office (where? is it at Monterey road?) or you spoke thru the phone?
When you scheduled infopass, did you choose:
- You have a question about your case or
- You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

I certainly would love to know if my FP was accepted and that my name check has been cleared.

Thanks

You speak to an IO and its at Monterey Road. Good luck !!!

USCISC Call Update

I've not received mine yet. I'm hopefull to get it this week. Looks like it is going to be for August 22nd...

Hi RogerCadoret,

Today I called the 800 number and they said that my case has not been scheduled yet. It is awaiting supervisor approval and then scheduling will happen. This doesn't happen for all individuals - for me it is so. :( Do keep me posted if you hear something.

Thanks