San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations omorpheus. I posted my details within 5min after I saw my IL as I was reading this blog saw your posts here and your infopass details and we have same PD. All other user's updates really helped me to guess the time frame for my Interview.

Goodluck for your Interview and I guess we might get the Oath for Aug 13th batch :).

Loveduser,

What time is your interview on July 26? Mine is early morning at 7:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Schedule/Deschedule Notice for Same day

Hi,

I received Interview Notice in May for an interview on Jul-30th.
However, today I received 2 notices with same post-mark, same notice-date and received on same day by me.

1. Deschedule Notice indicating 'due to unforeseen circumstances', the previously scheduled interview on Jul-30th is cancelled.
2. I also received a Interview Notice Again for the same day Jul-30th (same time too).

I was wondering if the interview is still valid for Jul-30th or not

Thanks

That is pretty strange and sad to know. I would suggest to call the 800 number on the notice or take INFOPASS and better confirm it.

Good luck ...

I would recommend calling that DMV by phone first.
In My case, when I called and gave first-last name and birth date, they were able to pull the record. Then I downloaded a form from their website and asked for the driving record. (This was for NH state) Their record did not show if fine was paid or not but clerk said that if I had not paid it, they would say on the record that fine was not paid and a warrant has been issued.
During interview, IO did not ask anything about it though it was mentioned in there. (This was a parking ticket not a moving violation)

Thanks for the tip, N400Atl. I was able to get records of my tickets. Some states have centralized records of tickets and in some states they are maintained by the county court clerk. I found the court clerks amazingly helpful.

Has anyone who applied in May received their FP notice yet? My priority date is May 9th and I have yet to receive my FP notice yet.

I have noticed that previously (like over the last year or so) there used to be about 6 weeks between mailing the application and receiving the FP notice.

How long is it taking these days?

Hi Neon, I applied 1 week earlier than you, I have yet to received the FP notice.
From "bkarth" timeline (thread page 126), it takes about 1 month and 15 days from CSC receive date to the FP notice receive date. Mine is now about 1 month and 11 days, hopefully this week I receive the FP notice. For you, perhaps you'll get your FP notice around June 23.

I'll post an update when I get it.

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
05/01/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC.
05/02/2007 : CSC received N-400 per Post Office tracking.
05/10/2007 : Check Cashed per Bank Statement
05/01/2007 : Priority Date
05/21/2007 : Notice Date (received in the mail 05/24/07)

??/??/???? : FP Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Date
??/??/???? : Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 notice date: Sep 28, 2006

Thanks Huracan. I took an infopass and went to the office. They told me my case is stuck in "FBI Name Check" and told me to ask about the case in 3 months from now. What a shame!
I guess there's nothing I can do other than waiting?

More details about my case:
applied: sep 16, 2006
notice date: sep 26, 2006,
fingerprinting done: oct 12, 2006
and then no more activity

Wow, you've waited quite a while to post another message ;) Yes, you should have received an interview letter. Have you done the fingerprints? This is not clear from your post where you claim to have not heard anything. If taken literally it would mean you haven't even got a notice of action and your check was not cashed. However you mention a notice date in your post subject. What steps have you completed?
You're probably stuck in name check, you could schedule an Infopass (check the main page of uscis for this) to find out if that's the case.

My 2 cents

There is not much you can do from your side. However, I guess it would be good to remind the senators that this situation is ongoing, and that the only steps USCIS took were to stonewall people by not scheduling the interview until the name check is cleared to avoid lawsuits. The sad thing is that USCIS says it's not their problem and FBI says they have too many requests for their resources. The easy answer would be to adequately modernize and staff the FBI section that takes care of these requests. In the meantime there is not much you can do. Again, try to contact your senator's office, send some message to the citizenship ombudsman, and in general check the threads that have to do with name check to see if there is any other idea.

Good luck. I hope your name check gets cleared soon.

They open at 7am and work till only 3pm ... On number slips they give, the time printed is 3 hours ahead of us, so I think they typically work according to East coast timings (10am to 6pm).

San Jose is one of the SLOWEST!

Well, I heard from my friends who applied for N-400 in NYC, Oakland, SFO Dist. Offices. One of my Friend who got the entire family's N-400 processed in about 5months from NYC (Apply-Oath). Another friend who applied in Oakland took the Oath couple of weeks ago total time it took was 3-4months. I heard SFO also fast. From all the posts looks like San Jose is taking about 8-9months to process each case. Is it true? How much delay happens at FBI coz of name check? why only San Jose is slow?

Priority Date: 4/20/2007
Notice Date: 5/14/2007
FP Notice: June 1st 2007 (Got it Jun 6th 2007)
FP Appt: June 28th 2007
Interview: ????
Oath: ????

Hi Neon, I applied 1 week earlier than you, I have yet to received the FP notice.
From "bkarth" timeline (thread page 126), it takes about 1 month and 15 days from CSC receive date to the FP notice receive date. Mine is now about 1 month and 11 days, hopefully this week I receive the FP notice. For you, perhaps you'll get your FP notice around June 23.

I'll post an update when I get it.

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
05/01/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC.
05/02/2007 : CSC received N-400 per Post Office tracking.
05/10/2007 : Check Cashed per Bank Statement
05/01/2007 : Priority Date
05/21/2007 : Notice Date (received in the mail 05/24/07)

??/??/???? : FP Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Date
??/??/???? : Oath

bkarth,

You are right on this one. Don't know the reason but I had the same experience with green card stamp, where I had to go at 4am to stand in a line.

May be because there are too many cases being processed by this office.

How frequently the online case status is updated?

After my FP, the online status still shows the same thing, application recieved and pending.

Any comments?

If at all you will see the status disappear when the interview letter is issued. Other than that quite a few people don't see any change at all on the online status throughout the application, it is pretty useless.

got citizenship finally

finished oath today in campbell. there were 417 applicants in the hall.
wishing everyone else all the best with their applications! This forum has been of great help.

finished oath today in campbell. there were 417 applicants in the hall.
wishing everyone else all the best with their applications! This forum has been of great help.

Congrats bestluck ... Now you will be joining the passport list :) It never ends ...

Congrats to all the people who took oath...

cit_wait -- did you get Oath letter as yet?

Congrats bestluck ... Now you will be joining the passport list :) It never ends ...

Congrats to all the people who took oath...

cit_wait -- did you get Oath letter as yet?

No I am still waiting. Hopefully I will get it for the July date. When I asked IO before about 2 dates in June, he said its incorrect . So someone lied about having 2nd date in this month. The only difference I see between my case and people who already got oath this month is though my interview date is earlier than their's , my PD is much much later than their PD date. Probably the oath date goes in the order of our PD/ND dates.