San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Finally, received the FP letter Yesterday after 2 months waiting.

Folks at SFO and other DO's are getting Interviews schedules so far for the same PD.

- Chips

Finally, received the FP letter Yesterday after 2 months waiting.

Folks at SFO and other DO's are getting Interviews schedules so far for the same PD.

- Chips

Congrats Chips. It's been a long wait for FP for you.

I did my FP today. Made three trips to the FP office. First on a Monday (wasn't aware that they are closed). Then again a week before the scheduled date and the guard would not let us in before schedule. Finally did FP today as per schedule. He was turning away people even with appointment times an hr later!!.

Info Pass today...

Folks,

I had an info pass today. Lady at the counter after looking up USCIS database, answered that I have been put in queue. I asked specifically if name and background check has been cleared & her response was, I don't see any background/name check information here, but usually when someone is scheduled in the queue, it's a good news.
Does this mean, I should assume name check and backgroud checks are cleared ? BTW, I was scheduled in queue on Apr 27th. When should I expect IV letter ?

I am amazed at the progress we're seeing in the past few days in the interview scheduling front. Congratulations to everyone getting good news lately, and also to people getting fingerprint letters and oath letters. By the way, I don't remember seeing oath letters lately, but also haven't seen many people saying that they are waiting for oath letters, so I hope it is a good sign.

I hope the interview push continues and that it is a sign that they have more officers performing interviews now.

Ok here is my date for those of us who just filed recently.
I'm just glad they have cashed my check which means they received the application & started the process.

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose

05/01/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC.
05/02/2007 : N-400 received per Post Office tracking.
05/10/2007 : Check Cashed per Bank Statement

??/??/???? : Priority Date
??/??/???? : Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Date
??/??/???? : Oath

I got my FP letter yesterday as well.

03/27/2007 : PD date
05/07/2007 : FP Notice Date
06/06/2007 : FP Appointment date

- LS

Here are my details

DO office - SJC
03/16/07 - PD date
05/10/07 - FP Notice Date
05/31/07 - FP Appnt Date

Guys,
Sorry to pop the enthusiasm bubble about SJ DO progress, but a friend of mine - whose interview was scheduled on June 20 - received interview cancellation letters. No reason was mentioned in those letters (for both the spouses). This is all the information that I have at this point. Will keep you posted as I hear from him.

Has anybody seen this before?

Looks like, we are not out of the woods yet!

It has happened in the past. Let's see if there are more cases, or is just an isolated incident. As for the reason, it is difficult to know. Perhaps the IO decided to take PTO that day. I'm just kidding, I just don't know. Some people who received cancellation notices talked about going to the interview with the original letter and trying their luck, but I don't know whether anyone followed through with the plan.

Hi Vodka,

Thank you and I thought to go for FP Walkin Today. As from your post looks like they are not accepting WalkIn's ? Is it correct?

- Chips

Guys,
Sorry to pop the enthusiasm bubble about SJ DO progress, but a friend of mine - whose interview was scheduled on June 20 - received interview cancellation letters. No reason was mentioned in those letters (for both the spouses). This is all the information that I have at this point. Will keep you posted as I hear from him.

Has anybody seen this before?

Looks like, we are not out of the woods yet!

What are their PDs? Did you also receive one? If I remember correctly, yours PD is 27 Nov and IV on 5th July. Is that correct?

Hi Vodka,

Thank you and I thought to go for FP Walkin Today. As from your post looks like they are not accepting WalkIn's ? Is it correct?

- Chips

Hi Chips,

You can always try. However, I was turned back a week before my scheduled date. When I told him we cannot make it, his response was to stand in line and reschedule (which would have been foolish). I also heard the guard turn back people with appointments an hr later in the day!! He told them to come back 15 min before. I don't know if they turn you back if you show up late.

Good luck.

Same with me.

PD 3/26
FP letter 5/11
FP appointment 06/06

I am sure the rest of you will also receive yours shortly. Cheers.

I made inquiry regarding when IL will occur and if name check cleared, and this is the reply from USCIS:

A check of our record establishes that your case is not ready for decision, as the next step in the application process requires you to appear in person for an interview with an Officer. Your case has been placed in order and a scheduled appointment will be assigned as soon as possible. We are unable to provide an approximate time frame for the available appointment, although the case is in line accordlingly. When you receive the appointment notice it will contain the date, time, location and further instructions regarding the interview process.

What does this reply mean?

I made inquiry regarding when IL will occur and if name check cleared, and this is the reply from USCIS:

A check of our record establishes that your case is not ready for decision, as the next step in the application process requires you to appear in person for an interview with an Officer. Your case has been placed in order and a scheduled appointment will be assigned as soon as possible. We are unable to provide an approximate time frame for the available appointment, although the case is in line accordlingly. When you receive the appointment notice it will contain the date, time, location and further instructions regarding the interview process.

What does this reply mean?

It is a quite convoluted response, I think it is safe to sum it up as "waiting in queue to schedule interview".

What is your timeline?

My 2 cents.

06/30/2006 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
mid July/06: FP Done. Walk-In
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment

06/30/2006 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
mid July/06: FP Done. Walk-In
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment

Ok, so it looks like you might have been stuck in name check. If you have a chance you should probably schedule an Infopass and ask them directly whether the name check has been cleared and you are in the queue to schedule an interview. The answer they gave you is too ambiguous. It could mean that you are in the queue, but it also could mean that they are still waiting for the name check to clear. I think this is going to need an Infopass.

My 2 cents.