San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview Letter Recd

Received the Interview Letter dated 5/4/07, for my husband in the mail today. The interview is scheduled for June 26 2007.
Now waiting for mine.....

N400 Time line
SJ D.O
Husband
Priority Date 11/9/06
FP Date 12/12/06 same as appt
Interview 06/26/07
Oath ??

Mine
Priority Date 12/15/06
FP Date 01/16/07 same as appt
Interview ??

Huuuhhhhhhhhh.... Finally it arrived.

Guys got my interview letter today in the mail. On monday at the Infopass appt. they told me that it was mailed on 05/03/2007(printed on this day) but it was mailed on 05/07/2007.

Here are my details....
PD: 11/08/2007
FP: 11/28/2007
IV: 06/26/2007

Good Luck to everyone else who is waiting....probably will need help with document question now.

Guys Question: What documents should be taken other than the one they specified in the interview notice. Could someone help me this so I am prepared.

Got our interview letters today as well. Mine is at 9:05AM on 7/5/2007 while my wife has the interview at 10:20 AM on the same day.

Timeline:
Applied: 11/20/06
PD: 11/27/06
FP Done: 1/2/07 (as per notice)
IL Date: 7/5/07

Question: What are the chances that I will get July Oath date? If I can't get it in July, are there any chances to move it to some other place for quick completion of this process?

Thanks all for helping us keep our nerve with this process

Don't know about oath dates in SJ, but you can't move your file to complete it quickly. If you move out of the district and change your address, you will have to get scheduled for another interview in your new district. If anything, this would probably make it longer.

Got our interview letters today as well. Mine is at 9:05AM on 7/5/2007 while my wife has the interview at 10:20 AM on the same day.

Timeline:
Applied: 11/20/06
PD: 11/27/06
FP Done: 1/2/07 (as per notice)
IL Date: 7/5/07

Question: What are the chances that I will get July Oath date? If I can't get it in July, are there any chances to move it to some other place for quick completion of this process?

Thanks all for helping us keep our nerve with this process

Hey that's wonderful ... People in Nov end getting ILs ... I am thinking I will be getting a letter by this month end ... Finally SJ started moving ...

Hurracan, did you also get a letter as your date is in Dec beginning ....

Hi omorpheus,

Not yet, but seeing this progress to November's end it's making me hopeful that my interview letter will arrive soon. Congratulations to raj4jazz and wantitnow and all the other folks receiving interview letters.

Guys,
Another question. Can I travel out of country between interview and oath? Also, I am thinking following timeline for me - is that accurate?

- Interview on July 5
- Oath in mid-Aug (worst case)
- Passport received in early-Sept
- PIO received in end of Sept
- R2I in end of Sept

Can I expect this?

Yes, there is no impediment to travel. I think you'll have a chance to update the trip information at oath ceremony. Standard disclaimer applies, i.e. that the physical/continuous residence requirements applie up to oath date. It doesn't seem like you are on that situation, but it could apply to people who have spent a lot of time out of the country.
Your timeline seems reasonable. Of course, it all depends on making it to August's ceremony. I am not sure about how long a PIO takes, and I guess the R2I is up to you when you want to make it (if I am understanding R2I correctly, i.e. return to India).

Can some kind soul who has gone through interview process share their experience. Possibly the question and documents they ask.

Wanted to make sure that I am fully prepared.

Thanks

Perhaps someone will post, but it is easier if you keep browsing pages back in this thread. There have been quite a few interview experience posts in the past.

Even easier, click on search this thread at the top of the page and enter interview experience. It all depends on your case, but I think the minimum is passport, Green Card, I am not sure about driver's license, but I am sure it won't hurt to take it with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some kind soul who has gone through interview process share their experience. Possibly the question and documents they ask.

Wanted to make sure that I am fully prepared.

Thanks

Check out my interview experience at San Jose DO here.

Regarding, what all to take (assuming you are applying in 5 year LPR category) -
1) Interview Letter
2) Green card
3) 2 passport style photographs (though most likely will not ask for it)
4) Current passport (though most likely will not ask for it)
5) Tax transcripts or returns for the last 5 years (though most likely will not ask for it)
6) SSN card (though most likely will not ask for it)
7) Proof of payment for law enforcement citations, if any (though most likely will not ask for it)

Hi all,

I received my Interview Letter this week (my Priority Date is Nov. 17th 2006) For those of you who are tracking the processing times, here's my case info:

DO: San Jose
11/14/06 : Mailed N-400 application
11/17/06 : N-400 received by CSC
11/21/06 : Checks cashed
12/02/06 : Got Fingerprint Notice
12/20/06 : Fingerprint Appointment
05/09/07 : Got Interview Notice
06/28/07 : Interview Appointment
?/?/? : Oath Notice
?/?/? : Oath

Good luck and thanks for keeping this forum vibrant and up-to-date.

Received my IL

Received my interview letter on 5/9. After a longtime, San jose DO is showing some progress

I had a InfoPass appointment this morning, the officer said my name check has been cleared and as of May 7th they started working on my file to schedule the IV. Not sure what to make out of this.

I had a InfoPass appointment this morning, the officer said my name check has been cleared and as of May 7th they started working on my file to schedule the IV. Not sure what to make out of this.

Don't worry, one big hurdle is out of the way. You should get your IL in the next dispatch of letters .... Hopefully sometime this month ...

Last PD for which IL was received is Nov 27 for Interview on July 5. My PD is just 3 weeks away :), so good case expecting my interview in July end or worst case Aug.