San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi,

Wow, that's good. Do you think your case was sped up because of an age out situation? For example, do you have any child who's on Green Card and going to turn 18 soon. There is always the odd case that goes faster, but I have always wondered if it was just a hiccup or because of an age out situation or other rational explanation.
In general, I think interview letters follow a bell curve, there are always a few cases that either take much less than usual or much more than usual. Most people are in the middle of the curve, which seems to be now around beginning of November PD.

There is not an age out situation in our case. My wife is 28 years old we have no kids. The only thing that I can think of was that my wifes green card was replaced fairly recently due to it being lost and maybe her file was out in the open and ready to go. Other than that I cannot think of any rational situation as to why our case was sped up but again... I won't question what we already have.

bespiritu, Did you file your wife's application through a lawyer and are you a citizen already? I went to a lawyer for consulting recently and she said that her clients who filed in Dec/Jan are getting ILs. Maybe its something to do with lawyers?

Hi omorpheus, we had applied for citizenship without the aid of a lawyer. I personally helped my wife to get all the documentation in order. I am a citizen though which I do not think has any bearing but hmmm....

There is not an age out situation in our case. My wife is 28 years old we have no kids. The only thing that I can think of was that my wifes green card was replaced fairly recently due to it being lost and maybe her file was out in the open and ready to go. Other than that I cannot think of any rational situation as to why our case was sped up but again... I won't question what we already have.

Perhaps the security checks from the GC renewal were still valid and that helped her get at the head of the queue. One way or another, I am glad for you and your wife :)

Estimate Timeline SJ / SFO

Following is an estimated timeline for SFO DO. Anyone has any idea please submit your thoughts. (Also, it may give an idea to SJ timeline)
(Just replace your P Date day with 27 and see your estimated timeline)

HTML:
PD		FD		IL		IV		OTD
8/27/2006	9/23/2006	12/23/2006	2/23/2007	3/23/2007
9/27/2006	10/23/2006	1/23/2007	3/23/2007	4/23/2007
10/27/2006	11/23/2006	2/23/2007	4/23/2007	5/23/2007
11/27/2006	12/23/2006	3/23/2007	5/23/2007	6/23/2007
12/27/2006	1/23/2007	4/23/2007	6/23/2007	7/23/2007
1/27/2007	2/23/2007	5/23/2007	7/23/2007	8/23/2007
2/27/2007	3/23/2007	6/23/2007	8/23/2007	9/23/2007
3/27/2007	4/23/2007	7/23/2007	9/23/2007	10/23/2007
4/27/2007	5/23/2007	8/23/2007	10/23/2007 	11/23/2007

*This is only a estimated sample and not a real timeline.

I have some good news about SJ processing. This may give some hope to aspirants who have PD around 1st and 2nd week of November 06.

PD: 11/08/06
FP: 11/28/06
Infopass # 1: 04/16/07 - Was told FP and name check cleared waiting for interview in the queue
Infopass: 05/07/07 - Was told IV letter mailed on 05/03/07
IV: 06/27/07

Checked mail today but have not received the IV notice. She also mentioned that if I do not receive the notice by 20th June to come by the SJ DO office and collect the interview letter.

It seems like there is some good news and things are moving in the right direction and may be the assumption is correct about notice going out in the first week and last week of the month. Once I receive my notice I will post the it accordingly.

Congratulations raj4jazz! :) Many thanks for the speedy reporting. It's good to know that things are moving into November.

I have some good news about SJ processing. This may give some hope to aspirants who have PD around 1st and 2nd week of November 06.

PD: 11/08/06
FP: 11/28/06
Infopass # 1: 04/16/07 - Was told FP and name check cleared waiting for interview in the queue
Infopass: 05/07/07 - Was told IV letter mailed on 05/03/07
IV: 06/27/07

Checked mail today but have not received the IV notice. She also mentioned that if I do not receive the notice by 20th June to come by the SJ DO office and collect the interview letter.

It seems like there is some good news and things are moving in the right direction and may be the assumption is correct about notice going out in the first week and last week of the month. Once I receive my notice I will post the it accordingly.

Congratulations Raj4jazz. I am happy for you.

Going by that, my mid-dec PD will get interview in Aug maybe ...

Passed interview

I passed the interview today!!
Here are some tips to others who have not yet gone for interview:
1. If your name has changed after marriage, carry a copy of your marraige certificate.
2. Make sure you have listed all your travels outside US. The officer will have a list with him and will verify what you have put in the form against that.
3. Know all 96 questions really well.
4. Make sure you have read the form a lot of times and understand what has been written in it.
5. carry an extra copy of the form with all the changes that have happened since you submitted the application. e.g. change of job, change of telephone number, additional travel outside US,etc
6. Stay cool and relax.

Hope this helps.

i know

No, I did not ask. I was excited at the news that I forgot to ask all the questions I had. Sorry Omorpheus.

The sheer volume of immigrants applying for citiz (these guys process ~500 people per month). Btw, philipinos->Vietnamese-> Indians->chinese immigrants lead the pack in terms of majority of applicants, not in that order....but close.

FWIW: This same DO is processing family based greencards at a RAPID pace....much faster than the rest of the DO's. Same officers are doing too many jobs here..guys.

Background check pending since Dec 06

I was told in INFOPASS last week that Background check is pending .. I plan to take INFOPASS again this week to clarify with IO..as I understand Name check, background check & FP clearance are all seperate..

Is there anyone on the group in similar situation waiting for background check fro 4 + months?

Can I put FOIPA or something.. pl share information

Thanks..

Interview letter recieved

Hi All,

I have been following the SJ DO thread closely & posted a couple of times.
Just wanted to let people know that we recieved our interview letters in the mail on May 5 (Saturday). Here is our approx. timeline:

N400 Application Filed: Oct 30, 2006
FP Done: December 2, 2006
Interview letters recieved: May 5, 2007
Interview Dt: June 20, 2007

Folks who got their FP done in the first half of December should be getting their IL's in the mail anytime now.

Does anyone know, what the oath dates are after/around June 20?
We need to plan a trip around that time. So, it will be good to know approx.
what oath date to expect. Thanks everyone, especially Hurracan, omorpheous, bestluck, & all the other folks who have been posting regularly. This has been a great forum for information & support.

After waiting since November and seeing this forum, I decided to get an INFOPASS and check the status, I went down to the SJ office and the officer
told me that I should get my interview by June 15th, then I asked her if the
FP Check was done and she said she does not know but I should get the interview letter by June 15th, if not, she said to come back to the office.

So I went home and by some strange coincidence, I checked my mail and
there it was the Interview letter. :)

10/30/06 : Priority date
December some time : FP
5/08/07: Interview notice
6/19/07: Interview

Hi bingeo,

Congratulations! :) I'll try to resist the urge to take an Infopass unless the interview letter is seriously delayed. I've seen a few cases where the letter arrived soon after taking an Infopass. However, I am sure it is a good feeling to know that the interview has been scheduled, or to know that the name check cleared.

I did an Infopass today. They did not say much beside that if I do not receive a interview letter by June 22, that I shoud come back... It probably means that I shoudl get the letter soon.

Approx times

Current trend for SJO DO, my calculations show,

175 Days between PD - IVL
190 Days between PD - IV

Cannot say how much the FP dates play in here. Some folks having early FP's still fall in the same time line when it comes to IVL or actual IV Dates.

Infopass

I did an Infopass today. They did not say much beside that if I do not receive a interview letter by June 22, that I shoud come back... It probably means that I shoudl get the letter soon.

Roger,

My PD is 2 days before yours. I went yesterday for infopass and they told me the same thing as you except that officer told me that my appointment is on 26th June and to come to their office on 20th June if I don't receive my IV letter. So you can safely conclude that your IV date is June 28th. Just my theory.