San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I will send a polite letter to both Ombudsman and the SJ DO requesting them to speed up the process.

If I can get an interview in 2 months, I am ready to pay extra double the fee right now. I am in pretty desperate situation right now.

Maybe we can ask the VO the cause of delays in next Infopass and if it can be fixed. If anyone going for Infopass can also do the same, it would be really great. Thanks in advance.

Wife got Interview Letter

We applied at the same time, she got the Interview letter today(5/5). Mine is not yet come.

Wifes IL Notice date: May 02 2007
Interview date: June 20

My PD date was 03/20/07. I haven't received my FP notice yet. I seems longer than the timelines I have seen here.

Are there others who have applied around then that are waiting on the FP notice?

My PD is on 03/27/07, and no news of FP notice. Another person seems to be in the same boat for 03/14/07. I hope I get the notice soon, even if the FP date is later.

- LS

I had INFOPASS appt. today in SJ.. When I asked for status, I was told 'Background check pending from FBI--Waiting for answer'

Application dates are : PD - 11/30/06 / FP: 12/29/06 I know still SJ is processing application before my PD... but with this background check pending answer..

Is this std answer ? can I do any follow up with FBI ? I was surprised when officer gave me same answer for my wife's application.. Please share experiences?

No, this is not a standard answer. During my naturalization process, I went through multiple Infopass appointments. And each time the immigration officer told me and my spouse that our background checks were completed with days of finger printing and the delay in our respective cases was because our applications were in "system queue" and is probably taking longer because of a system bug.

So, "background check pending" answer is not a standard one. I have personally found the San Jose IOs to be very courteous.

My PD is on 03/27/07, and no news of FP notice. Another person seems to be in the same boat for 03/14/07. I hope I get the notice soon, even if the FP date is later.

Call the national service center to inquire what is going on. Lately I am seeing a trend wherein applicants in San Jose DO are getting their FP appointments a little later than usual. Issuance of FP notice within a couple of days of initial application receipt notice used to be a norm earlier. Not so any more.

But if I were you, I would still call the national service center and also take an Infopass appointment even though I don't think SJ DO folks will not be able to do much in this regard.

Wife's timeline - N-400

Hi guys here is my wifes timeline and this is my first time posting here.

January 31, 2007 - N-400 Sent
February 5, 2007 - Priority Date
Febraury 27, 2007 - FP Letter Received
March 21, 2007 - FP Completed
May 06, 2007 - Interview Letter Received
June 11, 2007 - Interview Scheduled.

Hi guys here is my wifes timeline and this is my first time posting here.

January 31, 2007 - N-400 Sent
February 5, 2007 - Priority Date
Febraury 27, 2007 - FP Letter Received
March 21, 2007 - FP Completed
May 06, 2007 - Interview Letter Received
June 11, 2007 - Interview Scheduled.

Hi bespiritu,

Congratulations on the interview letter, and thanks for the posting, but does your case belong to the San Jose office? It seems a bit fast for what we've been seeing in San Jose.

N400 Time line
SJ D.O
Husband
Priority Date 11/9/06
FP Date 12/12/06 same as appt
Interview ??

Mine
Priority Date 12/15/06
FP Date 01/16/07 same as appt
Interview ??
I have been following this thread for quite a while now. Thought will add our dates for the benefit of tracking for others. It does seem like the DO is going pathetically slow. We were hopeful of an interview letter this week but ... :(

N400 Time line
SJ D.O
Husband
Priority Date 11/9/06
FP Date 12/12/06 same as appt
Interview ??

Mine
Priority Date 12/15/06
FP Date 01/16/07 same as appt
Interview ??
I have been following this thread for quite a while now. Thought will add our dates for the benefit of tracking for others. It does seem like the DO is going pathetically slow. We were hopeful of an interview letter this week but ... :(

Hi Radha,

My PD is just one day after your PD. Please let me know when you get your IL. I will do the same.

Thanks,
Morpheus

Good to know people with october end PD getting the IL. My wife's PD is october end, but we haven't received IL yet :( .

Will wait for few more days and will go for another infopass

My PD - 11/08/2006

Hi Radha,

My PD is just one day after your PD. Please let me know when you get your IL. I will do the same.

Thanks,
Morpheus

Morpheus,

Mine is one day before Radha's. So do keep me in loop as well. Today I have an infopass appt. in the next hour. I will post what happened after my trip.

Cheers
Raj4Jazz

Morpheus,

Mine is one day before Radha's. So do keep me in loop as well. Today I have an infopass appt. in the next hour. I will post what happened after my trip.

Cheers
Raj4Jazz

I think you meant Radha's husband as his PD is on 9th Nov. Mine is in Dec.

Anyways, good luck with your Infopass. Hope you get your IL soon.

Hi bespiritu,

Congratulations on the interview letter, and thanks for the posting, but does your case belong to the San Jose office? It seems a bit fast for what we've been seeing in San Jose.

Yes Huracan that is the date for the San Jose office. I can assure you of that. I am a bit surprised also that we got the letter because I was kind of expecting it at about the july august time frame. But I guess that I should not question it as we have the letter in hand now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news

Congrats bespiritu...don't even think of questioning any authority here. Go by what's been delivered to you.

Others, does this prove all the theories/logic wrong.... Or it's just one off case ...

Hi,

Wow, that's good. Do you think your case was sped up because of an age out situation? For example, do you have any child who's on Green Card and going to turn 18 soon. There is always the odd case that goes faster, but I have always wondered if it was just a hiccup or because of an age out situation or other rational explanation.
In general, I think interview letters follow a bell curve, there are always a few cases that either take much less than usual or much more than usual. Most people are in the middle of the curve, which seems to be now around beginning of November PD.

Yes Huracan that is the date for the San Jose office. I can assure you of that. I am a bit surprised also that we got the letter because I was kind of expecting it at about the july august time frame. But I guess that I should not question it as we have the letter in hand now.

Congrats bespiritu, That is a very good news .... Maybe your wife is very lucky in this or someone in the DO liked your name :)

bespiritu, Did you file your wife's application through a lawyer and are you a citizen already? I went to a lawyer for consulting recently and she said that her clients who filed in Dec/Jan are getting ILs. Maybe its something to do with lawyers?

SFO vs SJ DO

anyone has an idea which one is faster? I have friends received their IL in 3 and 4 weeks at SFO but not me. I also know someone from SJ received in 4 weeks. Now I am in 7th week.

FP date is 03/23 and still waiting for IL.

PD: 02/27/2007
Notice Date: 03/15/2007
FP Notice: 03/22/2007
FP Done (SF): 03/23/2007

anyone has an idea which one is faster? I have friends received their IL in 3 and 4 weeks at SFO but not me. I also know someone from SJ received in 4 weeks. Now I am in 7th week.

FP date is 03/23 and still waiting for IL.

PD: 02/27/2007
Notice Date: 03/15/2007
FP Notice: 03/22/2007
FP Done (SF): 03/23/2007

SFO is way way faster than SJ. Typically I have heard people in Feb end getting ILs. I will suggest you to take an Infopass and enquire if your fingerprinting check and FBI name check have cleared or not? Good luck.

Recommendation for an attorney

Hi all,

Due to some legal issues in the past, I'm looking to hire an attorney for my citizenship application and I was wondering if you have a recommendation. I would prefer one who is physically based in San Jose/bay area.

Thanks,
sviv

P.S.: If it is not ok to ask for attorney recommendation in open forum please provide me the information via private message.