San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview letters

Hi everyone,

Great information sharing at this forum.

ILs are being sent out as we speak.

DO: San Jose.
PD: 11/3/06.
FP: 11/21/06.
IL date: 5/1/07
IV: 6/20/07

Good luck,
Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Good luck,
Thanks.

Congratulations and thanks for reporting. I would expect a few more interview letters today. Let's see how far this batch goes on PD. It is funny that over a year ago, when San Jose was going increasingly faster, instead of increasingly slower I had hopes that I could finish the naturalization process around this month of May. My expectations have been reset a few times.

Hi everyone,

Good luck,
Thanks.

Congrates Sac007, mine may be coming soon,,,,

There are a few interviews scheduled on June 5th-6th-7th. Then directly on June 20th. We had a similar gap in the interview dates for march.
It appears to me that there are only certain days of the month that the interviews take place. - very FEW days in a month, IMO :)
Else we would have moved faster. I see the rate of movement actually slowing down than gathering pace :-(

There are a few interviews scheduled on June 5th-6th-7th. Then directly on June 20th. We had a similar gap in the interview dates for march.
It appears to me that there are only certain days of the month that the interviews take place. - very FEW days in a month, IMO :)
Else we would have moved faster. I see the rate of movement actually slowing down than gathering pace :-(

I think something is wrong in SJ DO ... Otherwise how come about 50 miles away in SFO people who filed in Feb are getting their oath letters now? Over here not even Nov people have got their Interview letters.

Also, in most parts of the country, people have already received their ILs for July (who applied in March 07) and in SJ there are still sending June ILs? Either someone is not doing his/her job or the whole system is screwed. Its all painful. Is there a website where we can file for complaints? I think something is seriously wrong here. It can't be that 50K GC holders woke up one month and decided to file for Citizenship and that too all in SJ.

Confused..need input friends

I had INFOPASS appt. today in SJ.. When I asked for status, I was told 'Background check pending from FBI--Waiting for answer'

Application dates are : PD - 11/30/06 / FP: 12/29/06 I know still SJ is processing application before my PD... but with this background check pending answer..

Is this std answer ? can I do any follow up with FBI ? I was surprised when officer gave me same answer for my wife's application.. Please share experiences?
Any body is similar situation ?

cheers

Looks like we are in same boat..waiting for name chk !

I had Infopass in SJ today.. got same answeer 'Waiting for background check' same answer for me & my wife.. did u succeed in folloing up with FBI ?? any suggestions for follow up:confused:

omorpheus & all folks,

You are right. San Jose is EXCEPTIONALLY slow.
And unless you gather up & ask to speed up, nothing happens.

In a Democracy, nothing happens if you don't raise your voice.

Look at all the illegals. With no legal basis, they are coming togther to form a strong political voice.
Even after being legal and well sought after ( economiocally), the engineering immigrants always are left behind SOLELY because we don't assert our rights to get the govt do its job correctly/ promptly.

Comments?

My Exp.

I had Infopass in SJ today.. got same answeer 'Waiting for background check' same answer for me & my wife.. did u succeed in folloing up with FBI ?? any suggestions for follow up:confused:

RajT,

I had infopass appt. 3 weeks back and they told me that my FBI check and name check both were done and waiting for the scheduling for interview. My PD: 11/08/06 - FP: 11/28/06.

I am still waiting for the IL. May be I will have another infopass this coming monday.

nope

I had INFOPASS appt. today in SJ.. When I asked for status, I was told 'Background check pending from FBI--Waiting for answer'

Application dates are : PD - 11/30/06 / FP: 12/29/06 I know still SJ is processing application before my PD... but with this background check pending answer..

Is this std answer ? can I do any follow up with FBI ? I was surprised when officer gave me same answer for my wife's application.. Please share experiences?
Any body is similar situation ?

cheers

that's not a standard answer, sorry to say, your name chek is pending. I was clearly told, "your checks are done...u are in interview queue"...back whenever I went for infopass

omorpheus & all folks,

You are right. San Jose is EXCEPTIONALLY slow.
And unless you gather up & ask to speed up, nothing happens.

In a Democracy, nothing happens if you don't raise your voice.

Look at all the illegals. With no legal basis, they are coming togther to form a strong political voice.
Even after being legal and well sought after ( economiocally), the engineering immigrants always are left behind SOLELY because we don't assert our rights to get the govt do its job correctly/ promptly.

Comments?

I am ready for anything but I could not find anywhere on USCIS where we can provide feedback to the Head office in Washington or to someone ... Would writing a letter help?

Are there others who feel the same way?

I am ready for anything but I could not find anywhere on USCIS where we can provide feedback to the Head office in Washington or to someone ... Would writing a letter help?

Are there others who feel the same way?

Hi omorpheus,

I understand your frustration. This link (I used tiniurl because the original url is too long, both links are the same, the preview takes you to a page where you can make sure of where you are going to be sent) will take you to one of the San Jose office pages which has the mailing address and an e-mail for customer complaints.

http://tinyurl.com/2r2kub
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2r2kub

Other than that you could also try the citizenship ombudsman at the following link.

http://tinyurl.com/2qomrn
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qomrn

There is a form for general comments and another one for case problems. Please make sure to read what qualifies as a case problem before using that option.

My 2 cents.

My PD date was 03/20/07. I haven't received my FP notice yet. I seems longer than the timelines I have seen here.

Are there others who have applied around then that are waiting on the FP notice?

RajT,

I had infopass appt. 3 weeks back and they told me that my FBI check and name check both were done and waiting for the scheduling for interview. My PD: 11/08/06 - FP: 11/28/06.

I am still waiting for the IL. May be I will have another infopass this coming monday.

Did u get the IL?

Else did these people process only 7 days of PDs in the whole month?

Thanks a lot for the information Huracan. I don't know if I can send one for case problems. I will send the feedback and suggestions.

Did you send any so far?

Hi omorpheus,

I understand your frustration. This link (I used tiniurl because the original url is too long, both links are the same, the preview takes you to a page where you can make sure of where you are going to be sent) will take you to one of the San Jose office pages which has the mailing address and an e-mail for customer complaints.

http://tinyurl.com/2r2kub
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2r2kub

Other than that you could also try the citizenship ombudsman at the following link.

http://tinyurl.com/2qomrn
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qomrn

There is a form for general comments and another one for case problems. Please make sure to read what qualifies as a case problem before using that option.

My 2 cents.

I thought so too...

Did u get the IL?

Else did these people process only 7 days of PDs in the whole month?

It does seem that they processesed only 7 days worth of PDs. That is the reason I thought SJ has slowed down more...the dates were at least moving somewhat faster in March :-(

Thanks a lot for the information Huracan. I don't know if I can send one for case problems. I will send the feedback and suggestions.

Did you send any so far?

Hi,

I haven't written yet about this. I am thinking about writing the Ombudsman to make the point that the backlog is building up again in San Jose and to encourage him to engage the San Jose office to go back to the fast track. Other than that it would probably be good to send a polite letter to the San Jose office itself to urge them to improve processing times. However, I am a bit pessimistic. I don't think we'll see any improvement until the new fees are passed.

My 2 cents.