San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi VodkaMartini007,

Congratulations and Thank you so much for the update. It gives some hope for all of us.

My PD is one week after yours and I will update when I receive.

Thank you again
- Chips

Hi Chips,

Thanks. Hopefully you should receive in the next few days.

Anyone know how busy is the Charcot facility and the best time to go (morning, closing)?

Thanks.

Congrats Vodka, cma

Whoooof... who would have thought that getting an FP letter would be considered a relief! I guess at this rate, getting the NOA would be considered pretty lucky soon. Way to go USCIS!.

Thanks, one more question ..

Thanks for the information and also providing the link.

I was just wondering which one would be better ( and cheaper) doing it before or after the naturalization.

I'm thinking of going for it before filing for citizenship, but was just wondering if it would take lesser time to do it after naturalization.

BTW anyone who went through this process, could you please share your experience ?

You are not able to do a name change via the N400 application any longer.
Thus, if you want to do a name change in San Jose CA, you will have to go to court and do this either before you file for naturalization or after you're done with the oath.

Here is the URL for the courts:

http://www.scselfservice.org/probate/adult/NamechangeAdults.htm#how

anyway to speed up the process

My priority date is 12/26/2006, FP done on 1/31/2007. Had infopass appointment on 4/13, and was told everything was cleared and was in queue around 3/20 waiting to be scheduled for an interview, which should be within 90 days as the officer said. Having been reading the posts from this forum, and I guess my best chance would be taking oath in late september.

My problem is that my parents are here waiting for applying green card. They have to leave US in early september. I did not realize that this process will take such long time (all I heard before was around 6 monthss) otherwise I would applied my citizenship early (I was eligible June, 2006). My parents were very worried. If they go back, they have to wait for at least one year to get visa to come here again. Also it is not that easy to get visa in our original country. All I wish was I could get my citizenship in time and filed there green card application before their I-94 expires.

I am thinking if there are anyway to speed up my process a little bit. If I can get my citizenship in August, then everything would be perfect for me. Do you guys have any suggestion? Really appreciate your help.

If there is any way to expedite the process, please let me also know. I am in a similar situation.

I checked with a lawyer too but she said that there is no way you can do anything other than waiting.

My priority date is Dec 18 and my app is also in interview queue since Mar 16.

Got the oath letter today. The letter is dated 23/04/2007. So for people keeping tack of timelines:

DO : San Jose
Priority Date : 09/05/2006
FP Date : 09/30/2006
Interview : 03/29/2007
Oath : 23/05/2007

Got the oath letter today. The letter is dated 23/04/2007. So for people keeping tack of timelines:

DO : San Jose
Priority Date : 09/05/2006
FP Date : 09/30/2006
Interview : 03/29/2007
Oath : 23/05/2007

Wow, 8 weeks of gap between interview and oath ... They are increasing the time for taking oath also ?

Congrats finally in 4 weeks, you will have the papers in hand ...

dont trust 90 days thing!

My priority date is 12/26/2006, FP done on 1/31/2007. Had infopass appointment on 4/13, and was told everything was cleared and was in queue around 3/20 waiting to be scheduled for an interview, which should be within 90 days as the officer said. Having been reading the posts from this forum, and I guess my best chance would be taking oath in late september.

I have been in the queue since Jan first week!! 90 days are over in april 1st week. No interview letter yet :)

dont trust 90 days thing!

I have been in the queue since Jan first week!! 90 days are over in april 1st week. No interview letter yet :)

Another week gone, not interview letter :( San Jose is slooowing down. Check the latest processing times, I think it is July 31st 2006 now, when San Francisco and Sacramento are well within their target (i.e. they report September 12 or better). I guess this is the result of the booming end of the 90's in Silicon Valley, coupled with a possible reduction in budget. Hang on.

My 2 cents.

Why didn't u take an Infopass again in 1st or 2nd week of April? That way the front desk people would have written your A number and checked it manually if you had mentioned that 90 days were over as was the case with some other folks in this list. They promptly got their ILs the next time ILs were mailed out.

Also, I think the letters are mailed out twice a month, between 10-16 and 25-30th of each month, so we still have time for getting this months ILs.

Wow, 8 weeks of gap between interview and oath ... They are increasing the time for taking oath also ?

Congrats finally in 4 weeks, you will have the papers in hand ...

Thanks. I don't know how long the oath is going to take but from what I've read in this forum it's apporx 2 hrs. I got unlucky with the oath date. I guess April 18th was full so they scheduled me for the next oath. Again from what I've read in this forum people who had their interviews on March 20th (9 days before me) were scheduled for the April 18th oath.

That's great news VodkaMartini and CMA38!! Congrats, hopefully ours will follow.

VodkaMartini, whic date did they give your appointment for?

Cheers, Billybash

Hi All,

Question:

If some one living at San Jose applied through a law office at SFO then his applicaton goes to SFO DO or San Jose DO?

Applying in SJ

[Sorry for barging on this SJ tracker; I've some questions about applying in SJ.]

1. What is a good place in SJ to get photographs for citizenship application?

2. I was on F1 visa (OPT) at my 26th birthday. As such I was not required to register for Selective Service. In such cases, am I still required to send the Status Information letter? If so, should I send it with the application or carry it for interview?

-O.

1) Drugstore pictures seem to work just fine. You nearby CVS should be able to do it. Make sure the picture looks the way you want it to. It actually goes on your naturalization certificate.

2) It doesn't hurt to get a SIL. On your N400 app, you can check the "No" box when it asks you if you were a man who lived in the US in any status except lawful non-immigrant between 18 and 26. You don't need to attach the SIL with your application.

You can take it with you to the interview in case you have an adjudication officer who isin't completely familiar with the rules.

Thanks for the info 1CaliN400.

I attended a variety of courses at the UC Berkeley Extension (not for a degree or certificate program) at various, discontinuous points in time. Should I include this information in application? Has anyone been in this situation?

Also, I had some speeding tickets, when I was residing in the East coast; the last one was more than 9 yrs back. What has been people's experience about mentioning/not-mentioning speeding tickets? Is a "ticket" the same as a "citation"?

You don't really need to include extension courses. You have to include your employment history (for the last five years) and any university where you were a full time student. I had the same thing (some random community college classes).

As for tickets: they are citations, so you should list them as traffic violations. It's not a big deal as long as it didn't include a DUI. I listed them. My interviewing officer didn't ask any questions about them when I mentioned they were speeding tickets.

You can get a copy of your DMV record and hang on to it for the interview.