San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

My SJ timeline

Hi all,
I used to haunt these forums 6 years ago during my GC experience. And I am thankful for the very hel
Mailed application on: 10/6/06 (USPS. did not use a return receipt as I did not think that it was important). It is exactly 5 years from the time of receiving my GC.
Checks cashed on: 10/17/06 (Exactly 5 working days after receipt)
Cannot see the LIN# or whatever it is clearly on the online image of my check on my banking website.
Funny thing is that my Husband's application was mailed along with mine and his checks were not cashed (using a different bank, so maybe they post the transaction delayed?).
We mailed 2 checks - one for $330 and another for $70. We wrote the alien # on the BACK of the check as instructed, but made sure that there was enough room for INS to endorse the checks (was worried about this for a few days).
Good luck to all.

MY CSC call experience: Still waiting for interview letter

Hi,

After my unsuccessful try at san jose service center (Infopass). I called CSC and held the line for about 40 minutes.

THis is what operator told me.

According to her, at present san jose service center is processing "obligation" received on March 15th. Our PD is 4/28 and thus we needed to wait for a while. The online status shows March 15th as processing date.

I could not confront with her about cases which were filed beyond april 28th and have received the interview letter etc.

I tried telling her that we went to san jose service center and officer suggested us to call csc and speak to immigration officer. She did not budge, except she put me on hold to fetch some information and just communicated. Could not get chance to talk to immigration officer :(

I have couple of questions:

i) What is the significance of processing date? Does it mean interview being scheduled for application which were received on shown date (assuming case is normal, no pending check etc) or it signifies oath/ finger printing being scheduled?

ii) What is the way we could get access to immigration officer. I got stuck with operator.

What a waste of time.

Thanks

PD 4/28
FP 6/1

galaxy3 said:
I have couple of questions:

i) What is the significance of processing date? Does it mean interview being scheduled for application which were received on shown date (assuming case is normal, no pending check etc) or it signifies oath/ finger printing being scheduled?

ii) What is the way we could get access to immigration officer. I got stuck with operator.

Only recommendation I would have for you is to chill out a little bit. When you have been waiting that long already, why not take it easy for a little more time. Either your case will start to move again by that time, or you will then be able to talk in a little more detail as your case might be past the processing date as published by USCIS.

Application number starting with WSC*00

Folks,

Anyone here with a Application/Receipt no' starting with WSC instead of WAC. Could never find my application status online.

Regards,
DesPardes123

Oath Experience

Did my oath yesterday and became a US CITIZEN.

Applied for US Passport (expedited) today

DesPardes123 said:
Folks,

Anyone here with a Application/Receipt no' starting with WSC instead of WAC. Could never find my application status online.

Regards,
DesPardes123

I am!

Need help

I also have not received IL about 4 months after FP. My online status still shows the following information:

"Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on May 22, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates".

According to some earlier posts, does the IL letter only arrive after the above info disappears from my case status?

Thanks

Dist Off: San Jose
5/18/06: N-400 Mailed
5/22/06: Priority Date
5/30/06: FP Notice Date
6/16/06: FP Date
?: Interview Notice Date
?: Interview Date
?: Oath Date

yxw said:
According to some earlier posts, does the IL letter only arrive after the above info disappears from my case status?

My timelines are very similar to your and I am also waiting for IL.

The case status disappearance worked a little differently for me. My case status (along with my spouse') disappeared on 8/23 and the last updated date was set to that date. But neither of us received our interview letters. I have called National Service Centers as well as taken Infopass to confirm that this is not a "loss of mail" case and that USCIS has not yet scheduled an interview for us yet.

In short, disappearance of case status is not a sure shot indicator of interview letter is being generated.

takadigi said:
My timelines are very similar to your and I am also waiting for IL...

So did you have the same status message as mine before it disappeared? Thanks!

My case never disappeared from the online site.

The only thing that happened was the status date changed for my I-90 application to Oct 9th 2006 (which actually completed in early July 06) so that didn't make sense.

As for the N-400, the date never changed and still states June 2006 and is still visible.

Anyway, I got a big surprise today and actually received my Interview letter today :D

Here is my timeline:

Forms mailed: 6/12/2006
Forms received: 6/14/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/20/2006
Priority date: 6/14/2006
Receipt ND: 6/27/2006
Receipt received: 6/29/2006

FP ND: 6/29/2006
FP letter received: 7/3/2006
FP date: 7/20/2006 (FBI returned FP on the same day)

Interview ND: 10/17/2006
Interview date: 11/29/2006 :D

Oath letter date: ?/??/????
Oath ceremony: ?/??/????

Good luck to all who are still waiting for their Interview letter. I hope you all get them soon.

yxw said:
So did you have the same status message as mine before it disappeared? Thanks!

Yes, exactly same with my receipt date. All other wordings were exactly the same. And that, btw, is the exact same message that everyone else gets as well.

happigal said:
My case never disappeared from the online site.

The only thing that happened was the status date changed for my I-90 application to Oct 9th 2006 (which actually completed in early July 06) so that didn't make sense.

As for the N-400, the date never changed and still states June 2006 and is still visible.

Anyway, I got a big surprise today and actually received my Interview letter today :D

Here is my timeline:

Forms mailed: 6/12/2006
Forms received: 6/14/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/20/2006
Priority date: 6/14/2006
Receipt ND: 6/27/2006
Receipt received: 6/29/2006

FP ND: 6/29/2006
FP letter received: 7/3/2006
FP date: 7/20/2006 (FBI returned FP on the same day)

Interview ND: 10/17/2006
Interview date: 11/29/2006 :D

Oath letter date: ?/??/????
Oath ceremony: ?/??/????

Good luck to all who are still waiting for their Interview letter. I hope you all get them soon.

Congrats!!
Yeah, I've heard in some cases online status disappears a few days AFTER the IL is issued.
And some folks weren't even able to add the case to their portfolios in the first place...

Hi Dani,
Thanks...I'm sure you'll get your Interview letter soon. If I take the Oct 9th date update, it looks like the letter gets sent out about 10 days after the status change.

Best of luck to you :)

atlast

Same here.. the case status still shows. But i got the notice 2day. :eek:
see u on 11/29.

Mailed on 6/15/06
Priority Date 6/19/06
Notice date 6/27/06
FP Notice 7/04/06
FPed on 7/13/06
Interview Notice 10/17/06
Interview Date 11/29/06 10am

For those who are waiting, worry not, you're turn will come soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
My updated time line and showing the path to citizenship

Hello,
After a long wait I am quite relieved today as my IL came for November 27, 2006. It has been more than months and I dont remember how many times I called USCIS and how many times I went to info pass appointments and how many times I logged in any given day to check my status online. The silly status still shows the same message online.

My time lines are as follows. I will post my other thread info after posting this thread.

My dates are below.

Applied - Late March 2006.
Notice date - March 29, 2006
Online Notice date - April 4, 2006 ( I dont know why there is a difference).
FP Notice date - April end, 2006
FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - October 19, 2006
Interview date - November 27, 2006
Oath ceremony - ???? (only god knows)

My spouse date

Applied - Late March 2006.
Notice date - March 29, 2006
Online Notice date - April 4, 2006 ( I dont know why there is a difference).
FP Notice date - April end, 2006
FP Date - May 10, 2006
Interview letter received date - June 13, 2006
Interview date - August 9, 2006
Oath ceremony - Sep 20, 2006
Passport Applied - Sep 20, 2006
Passport received date - Sep 28, 2006
Indian Visa - Same day

My wife's journey to citizenship was a normal ride. My application took a little longer but it is ok though. I hope this will be a smooth journey going forward for me.

Guys be patient and go to infopass every month and followup with USCIS in the 800 number continuously. This may be frustrations for many but this may help USCIS to speeden the application if it is waiting on some one to look at your file. I will post my updates soon after my interview is over.

Finally USC

Finally became a US Citizen on October 18 - with the Oath ceremony at the Campbell Community Center - Heritage Theatre. Our timeline in short was as follows:

PD: 05/09/2006
FP: 06/13/2006
IV: 09/19/2006
Oath letter recd: 09/29/2006
Oath date: 10/18/2006
Passport applied: 00/00/00
Passport received: 00/00/00

Best wishes to everyone in the queue, don't worry your turn is coming soon. Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

online status disappears

Hello All,
My status in online disappeared today. Looks like it does work only after you receive the letter.
A question for everyone. Does any one know if there is a oath ceremony in december in San Jose? Website shows only in January 2007.

Interview got cancelled

My happiness did not last long. Yesterday I received the Interview letter and today I got my descheduled letter. What a unlucky person I am and have to wait for the IV letter now again. Once again my wait game starts. Does anyone know why they might send a cancellation the next day. On october 17 th, they sent the letter and October 18th they sent the cancellation letter. On October 20th, the status changed from the regular to disappeared.