San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

mirchilal said:
takadigi and others waiting in SJ,
Did u request for a name change in the n400 appln ? Trying to find out if that is causing the delay.

No, did not request name change.

mirchilal said:
Also, How do you find out if your appln is pending name check ?

I don't know whether our applications are pending name check. Neither mine nor my spouse's name is one of those common names that would cause name check delays. So, don't really know.

Application Sent : 08/28/06
Received by CSC : 08/31/06
Priority Date : 08/31/06
Check encashed : 09/05/06
NOA Date : 09/11/06
NOA Received : 09/15/06
FP Notice Received: 09/15/06
FP Date : 09/28/06
Interview ??

Finger print by walkin on Saturday in San Jose.

Has anyone completed their finger print (before appt. date) on a Saturday in the San Jose (Charcot Ave.) center? My appt. is on on 27th, would like to walkin and get it done sooner so that I don't have to take time off during the weekday.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Oath letter.. interview done in early Aug.

I interviewed on Aug 3rd, 2006 and was told everything is clear.
But I haven't received my oath letter yet.
The oath ceremony is on Sept 20th. I have noticed that folks who
interviewed late in Aug have also received it.

Are there more folks out there who haven't received it yet?
Thanks.

al 123 said:
Has anyone completed their finger print (before appt. date) on a Saturday in the San Jose (Charcot Ave.) center? My appt. is on on 27th, would like to walkin and get it done sooner so that I don't have to take time off during the weekday.

Hi, yes i did my fingerprint ahead of schedule, in fact within 3-4 days of finger print appointment receipt date. I also did on a Saturday, the place was empty (well 4-6 people besides workers, but no lines), people working there very courteous. Hope this helps.

Oath Experience

Oath was at 9:30, reached at 8:20, was called at 8:30 and done by 8:40.
Standard questions. Officer asked to write English sentence and told all is fine - congrats. Was told Oath Letter will be sent in 1-3 months.

Any body knows if this is standard (1-3 months answer) ?

When is the Oath ceremony in October ?

Oath of Sep. 20,06

rsh431 said:
I interviewed on Aug 3rd, 2006 and was told everything is clear.
But I haven't received my oath letter yet.
The oath ceremony is on Sept 20th. I have noticed that folks who
interviewed late in Aug have also received it.

Are there more folks out there who haven't received it yet?
Thanks.

Dear rsh431
My interview was on Aug. 2,06. I have not received oath invitation yet.
Good luck to all. Hadaf

al 123 said:

The officer rejected an early appointment who was a guy in the front of us. That was on 8/30.

The key is to go on a Saturday when the place is empty. That's what i did based on feedback i found on this forum.

Did our interview today

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 05/04/06
Priority Date - 05/09/06
FP Date - 06/13/06
Interview Notice Received 07/24/06
Interview Date 09/19/06
Oath letter received 00/00/00
Oath date 00/00/00

======================================================
Thanks to all the users in this forum for the advice, info and co-operation. Me and my wife went about 20 minutes ahead to the San Jose DO, and we were both called in immediately as the place had very few people waiting. The whole process took only about 10 minutes for both of us (different USCIS officers) and we were handed a piece of paper that confirmed that we have cleared the interview and told to wait anything upto 90 days to receive the Oath letters. Now, the wait is for the Oath letter and date, hopefully we can make the October 18 date at Campbell - it will be a nice b'day gift for me :D

Status

Came through know about this site today.
Wonder why my app got delayed. Any help appreciated

5/30/06: N400 Mailed to CSC
6/2/06: N400 Recd by CSC
6/10/06: FP Notice Date
6/22/06: FP Taken
?/??/06: Recd Int Notice
?/??/06: Interview

stalk said:

Same situation here. There is no logic why someone's case got delayed. I think they simply don't care.

My N-400 timeline:
05/29/06: mailed to CSC
06/8/06: N-400 PD
07/6/06: FP Appointment
Nothing else!

stalk said:

I am also in exactly the same boat as you with very similar dates. I would guess that this is part of regular processing delay that almost all of us are experiencing lately. My dates are in the footer.

Became US citizen today :)

Today i went for oath ceremony at Campbell and became US citizen after oath. So journey for US citizenship is over for me.

Some useful tips for future aspirants:
(1) Oath is kinda formality and you dont need to arrive there before 5-10 mins or so. Total duration for oath is around 1 to 1.5 hrs.
(2)The only docs which i took were oath letter and green card. Nothing else is needed like you are normally paranoid during interview.
(3) Ample parking lot though you will need around 5 mins from parking lot to entrance and around 10 mins or so while coming out becoz of around 400-500 people taking out their cars all at once. Parking is free.
(4)Restrooms are located near entrance to room.
(5) Cell phones, cameras, video recorder etc allowed inside though cell phone needs to be turned off or put in silent mode.
(6) Your attire can be formal, semi formal or casual. I wore semi formal though i saw many in casual clothes.
(7) I have not yet applied for passport but will be applying in a day or so. The info packaet which you receive at oath lists passport agencies names (like post offices etc), address, tel numbers, working hrs etc so you can go to any of those places for applying.
(8) You get voter registration form with instructions also. You can fill that form right there or post it later on.

Good luck to all of you in pursuit of US citizenship.

JJ_JJ said:
Same situation here. There is no logic why someone's case got delayed. I think they simply don't care.

My N-400 timeline:
05/29/06: mailed to CSC
06/8/06: N-400 PD
07/6/06: FP Appointment
Nothing else!

Amen to that mate.

bayareaboy said:
Today i went for oath ceremony at Campbell and became US citizen after oath. So journey for US citizenship is over for me.

(1) Oath is kinda formality and you dont need to arrive there before 5-10 mins or so. Total duration for oath is around 1 to 1.5 hrs.
(2)The only docs which i took were oath letter and green card. Nothing else is needed like you are normally paranoid during interview.
(3) Ample parking lot though you will need around 5 mins from parking lot to entrance and around 10 mins or so while coming out becoz of around 400-500 people taking out their cars all at once. Parking is free.
(5) Cell phones, cameras, video recorder etc allowed inside though cell phone needs to be turned off or put in silent mode.
(6) Your attire can be formal, semi formal or casual. I wore semi formal though i saw many in casual clothes.
(7) I have not yet applied for passport but will be applying in a day or so. The info packaet which you receive at oath lists passport agencies names (like post offices etc), address, tel numbers, working hrs etc so you can go to any of those places for applying.
(8) You get voter registration form with instructions also. You can fill that form right there or post it later on.

Congratulations !

Dani said:
Amen to that mate.

It looks there are a block of perple who filed in late May through early June got screwed up. I hope they won't come out a couple of years later and tell us all files in those two months got lost. This thing happened many years ago for green card applicants.

bayareaboy said:

I also went to the ceremony today (actually yesterday) and became a US citizen. I pretty much echo what bayareaboy said. I would also add one thing to the list that there was a guy selling the naturalization certificate cover/case just outside the theatre. Since it was only $10, for the time being, at least, I thought I could use it to keep my certificate safe and clean, so I bought one.

I would like to thank all message posters for sharing your experience, progress, and knowledge. And, good luck to all!

Kind regards,

stalk said:

9/21/06: Status can't be found in USCIS (finally some change)!