San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

stalk said:
5/30/06: N400 Mailed to CSC
6/2/06: N400 Recd by CSC
6/10/06: FP Notice Date
6/22/06: FP Taken
9/21/06: Status can't be found in USCIS (finally some change)!
?/??/06: Recd Int Notice
?/??/06: Interview

Same situation for my case as well, couldn't find my case status on the web any more. For whatever it worth.

My N-400 timeline:
05/29/06: mailed to CSC
06/08/06: N-400 PD
07/06/06: FP Appointment
09/21/06: Case online status disappears.

JJ_JJ said:
It looks there are a block of perple who filed in late May through early June got screwed up. I hope they won't come out a couple of years later and tell us all files in those two months got lost. This thing happened many years ago for green card applicants.

It's wired - I already experienced a similar situation with my I-751 (petition to remove conditions from GC)... Bunch of people (including me) who filed in May/June/July 2005 for some reason got treated differently from the applicants who filed later on... People who filed later got their approvals within 3 or 4 months, when we had to wait for more than 12 months. And now the same shit is happening with my N-400. Where's the logic in all that?

JJ_JJ, stalk, please keep us updated on the IL.. you prob should receive soon since the status disappeared..

Dani, you have same FP as JJ_JJ, have you checked your online status?

me, still waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.. :cool:

bnb913 said:
JJ_JJ, stalk, please keep us updated on the IL.. you prob should receive soon since the status disappeared..

Dani, you have same FP as JJ_JJ, have you checked your online status?

me, still waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.. :cool:

I did... The status hasn't changed in 3 months... And it is still visible in the system.
:(

stalk said:
9/21/06: Status can't be found in USCIS (finally some change)!
?/??/06: Recd Int Notice
?/??/06: Interview

I have been experiencing the same since 8/23 when updated date for our applications were updated from 6/4 to 8/23 and since then status has not been available on the web site though the portfolio continues to show updated date as 8/23.

I took Infopass last week. They told me that my case was still with the National Service Center and it has not yet been transferred to the local DO. I then called the NSC and after over an hour long hold time got a chance to talk to an immigration officer who told me that everything was ok with our case and it just that it is taking a little longer than before nowadays. Well, so the wait begins again:(.

takadigi said:
I have been experiencing the same since 8/23 when updated date for our applications were updated from 6/4 to 8/23 and since then status has not been available on the web site though the portfolio continues to show updated date as 8/23.

I took Infopass last week. They told me that my case was still with the National Service Center and it has not yet been transferred to the local DO. I then called the NSC and after over an hour long hold time got a chance to talk to an immigration officer who told me that everything was ok with our case and it just that it is taking a little longer than before nowadays. Well, so the wait begins again:(.

Can you please tell me what Infopass is? Does it give you more insight about your case? Thanks.

My online case status disappears from the web yesterday. I can only see it under the portfolio page, which showed update date was 9/21. But today, the update date changed to 9/22. Does it mean anything? Anyone has some theory about it?

it is possible that you might be getting an interview notice soon. mine disappeared from the web and the update date changed right before i got my interview notice. Good Luck! Keep us posted.

JJ_JJ said:
My online case status disappears from the web yesterday. I can only see it under the portfolio page, which showed update date was 9/21. But today, the update date changed to 9/22. Does it mean anything? Anyone has some theory about it?

Same here!

JJ_JJ said:
Can you please tell me what Infopass is? Does it give you more insight about your case? Thanks.

Infopass is a service that your local DO provides for you to meet with an immigration officer and ask question about your case. The immigration has online access to your file and can lookup information about where your application is stuck, etc.

The best thing is that you can set up Infopass appointment on the web. Link is available on the USCIS site. And it is very straight forward and depending on the DO, you can typically get an appointment within a day or two.

Just got the interview letter today. Way to go.

My N-400 timeline:
09/21/06: Case online status disappears
09/22/06: IL received
11/08/06: Interview date
?????????

JJ_JJ said:
Just got the interview letter today. Way to go.

My N-400 timeline:
09/21/06: Case online status disappears
09/22/06: IL received
11/08/06: Interview date
?????????

JJ, we are on the same boat. I got it today!

9/21/06: Status updated in USCIS
9/22/06: Status updated in USCIS
9/22/06: Recd Int Notice
11/07/06: Interview date

Sanjose , N400 OATH on OCT 18 2006

My dates:

N400 applied : APR 25 , 2006
FP: JUNE 2006
INTERVEIW: AUG LAST WEEK , 2006
OATH: OCT 18 th 2006 . ( CAMPBELL, CA)
Thanks for not getting into Name check issue. Good luck to all of you.

Sanjose , N400 OATH on OCT 18 2006

My dates:

N400 applied : APR 25 , 2006
FP: JUNE 2006
INTERVEIW: AUG LAST WEEK , 2006
OATH: OCT 18 th 2006 . ( CAMPBELL, CA)
Thanks for not getting into Name check issue. Good luck to all of you.

Nov Oath

Is the oath usually on the 3rd wedenday or 2nd last wednesday.

Trying to figure out Oath dat in Nov.

Oath Schedule In Sacramento

Dist Off: Sacramento
6/19/06: N-400 Mailed
6/22/06: Priority Date
6/22/06: Notice Date
7/14/06: FP Notice Date
7/24/06: FP Date

9/03/06: Interview Notice Date :)
10/16/06: Interview Date :D
?: Oath Date :confused:

Does anyone know when the next oath date is scheduled for Sacramento? I am wondering whether I'll be able to get an oath date that would still allow me to vote on the 7th of Nov. I see here that some people have interviews on the 17th (day after mine).

bnb913 said:
JJ, stalk, congrats, finally the IL

dani, anything new?

No... Nothing new... Case status is still visible... I guess I am in the namecheck limbo...