San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Anyone received Interview notice for June 1st FP?

Hi,

We had FP done on June 1st. I checked with FBI and they processed and sent information on June 1st. We have not seen Interview notice yet, just wondering if anyone has similar case and whether or not received interview notice already. Our PD is 4/28.

Thanks

galaxy

How do you check with FBI ? What number ? what do you ask them ?
Can you please explain.

Thanks

cp-gc said:
How do you check with FBI ? What number ? what do you ask them ?
Can you please explain.

Thanks

Hi,

You simply needed to give your A# and name of the applicant. You needed to explain that you want to know the status of FP that was done on a specific date for the citizenship purposes.

I am afraid, I do not have number handy, however, if you search on this forum as "FBI" you should able to get the telephone number that can be used to get the status.

This basically gives you idea that it is moved out of FBI and back in center.

areyosamba said:
useful, Best of luck. The interview is more like formality. You should be out in 5-10 mins.

Update us on how it went.
Thanks. You are right, it seemed more like a formality. I reached about 15minutes before the scheduled time and I was called within couple of minutes of waiting. The interviewing officer was a nice person.
He asked for my passport and greencard only.
My last two speeding tickets were closer than 18months. He was uncomfortable with that. But I offered the traffic school cert for the last ticket and DMV record....he was satisfied. He stopped after asking me 6 questions. He was telling me where and how to apply for US passport and suggested to take OCI (overseas citizenship of India) after that.
I was out of the building within 30minutes!!

I think the oath will be July 19th.

Congrats!!! and welcome to oath letter waiting club ;) :D

useful said:
Thanks. You are right, it seemed more like a formality. I reached about 15minutes before the scheduled time and I was called within couple of minutes of waiting. The interviewing officer was a nice person.
He asked for my passport and greencard only.
My last two speeding tickets were closer than 18months. He was uncomfortable with that. But I offered the traffic school cert for the last ticket and DMV record....he was satisfied. He stopped after asking me 6 questions. He was telling me where and how to apply for US passport and suggested to take OCI (overseas citizenship of India) after that.
I was out of the building within 30minutes!!

I think the oath will be July 19th.

McBV said:
Do you know if you are getting the new "E-Passport", or they are still issuing the regular style? Not that this is important - just curious.
Thank you,
McBV

--------------------

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 03/11/06
Check cashed - 03/20/06
Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06
Interview Notice Received 05/13/06
Interview Date 07/25/06

McBV

It looks like a regular passport - the same type that my kids got about 3 years ago. Hope this helps.

Anybody have recent experiences on name change in San Jose? I have requested for a name change.

--------------------------------------------
My dates:
N-400 application - 03/10/2006
Fingerprint - 04/12/2006
Interview notice - 05/10/2006
Interview - 07/25/2006

FBI and FP

I called the FBI at 304 625 200 and they told me that FP was sent back on June 9th.

But I did my FP on June 9th, can INS send to FBI on JUne 9th and FBI send back same day.. wow , thats fast ?

Anybody has similiar experience ?

San Jose INS office doesn't process name change any more. I had my interview today(06/21) and interview officer said that I can apply for name change either after
getting naturalization certificate(before applying for passport) or after getting passport.

My timeline:
-----------------
Priority Date: 02/09/2006
FP Date: 04/09/2006
Interview Date: 06/21/06
Oath: Possibly on 07/19/06

The whole interview process was over in just under 10 mins.
First she went through the application with me confirming all the relevant info. such
as birth date etc.
Then she gave me a paper with 10 history questions and asked to answer them verbally.
Finally asked to write a simple sentence in Engilish.
Handed a letter that said Congratulations and Passed history test.
That was it.

Note:
Cell phones were not allowed inside the building.
Only asked for GC and interview notice(not even Passport), no tax returns..

mvrider said:
Anybody have recent experiences on name change in San Jose? I have requested for a name change.

--------------------------------------------
My dates:
N-400 application - 03/10/2006
Fingerprint - 04/12/2006
Interview notice - 05/10/2006
Interview - 07/25/2006

cp-gc said:
I called the FBI at 304 625 200 and they told me that FP was sent back on June 9th.

But I did my FP on June 9th, can INS send to FBI on JUne 9th and FBI send back same day.. wow , thats fast ?

Anybody has similiar experience ?

Usually, it is always the same day or the very next day that FBI sends the results back to CIS. So, nothing unusual with your case.

galaxy3 said:
Hi,

We had FP done on June 1st. I checked with FBI and they processed and sent information on June 1st. We have not seen Interview notice yet, just wondering if anyone has similar case and whether or not received interview notice already. Our PD is 4/28.

Thanks

If your FP was done on June 1, you should expect the interview letter by the end of June. It is currently taking about 4 to 5 weeks to get interview notices after completing FP in San Jose.

PLS help: name check pending

I had my interview done today. Everything goes well except that the officer told me that my name check is pending and i need to wait for it. Anyone had the same experience? Pls share your experience. Thank you very much!!

priority date: 2/13/06
fingerprint: 4/7/06
interview: 6/21/06

Got otah letter today

My Timeline
DO : San Jose
N400 application sent : 01/23/2006
PD : 01/23/2006
FP Recd: 03/08/2006
FP : 03/25/2006
INTERVIEW ND : 04/12/2006
INTERVIEW : 06/06/2006
OATH : 06/19/2006

got oath letter

My Timeline
DO : San Jose
N400 application sent : 01/23/2006
PD : 01/23/2006
FP Recd: 03/08/2006
FP : 03/25/2006
INTERVIEW ND : 04/12/2006
INTERVIEW : 06/06/2006
OATH : 07/19/2006

Got oath letter today

Timeline:
--------
Forms mailed: 2/1/2006
Priority date: 2/3/2006
Fingerprinting date: 3/22/2006
Interview date: 6/16/2006 (San Jose)
Oath letter date: 6/20/2006
Oath ceremony: 7/19/2006 (Campbell)

We too have received oath letters, dated 06/19, on Thursday 06/21.

:)

Any ideas on when we get the Citizenship certificate and where to apply for passport.?

-thanks,
CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
Received oath letters for both of us.
:) :) :)

Ooops. forgot to mention. Oath date is 07/19 . At Cambell Heritage Theatre.

-thanks,

CZPHope said:
We too have received oath letters, dated 06/19, on Thursday 06/21.

:)

Any ideas on when we get the Citizenship certificate and where to apply for passport.?

-thanks,
CZPHope.