San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

CZPHope said:
We too have received oath letters, dated 06/19, on Thursday 06/21.

:)

Any ideas on when we get the Citizenship certificate and where to apply for passport.?

-thanks,
CZPHope.

You will get your Citizenship certificate on the day of your oath. You can apply for a passport the same day (if you wish). The Campbell post office is very close to the Heritage center. You can go there to apply for a passport. However, that particular post office requires an appointment to apply for a passport. I would recommend that you call ahead to make an appointment. To make it a much easier and faster process, fill out the passport application form ahead of time and take two passport size photographs.

One quick note, since the post office takes your original citizenship certificate when you apply for the passport (they send it back with your passport), you may want to make a couple of copies.

Hope this helps.

FYI, I (me & spouse) have interview scheduled tomorrow AM @ San Jose. I will update tomorrow after the interview.

Hello Chatrathi,
Thanks. Also, i'm planning to go on an intl travel few days, after the oath. How do we go about taking the same day passport.? Any ideas..?
-thank you,
Regards,
CZPHope.

chatrathi said:
You will get your Citizenship certificate on the day of your oath. You can apply for a passport the same day (if you wish). The Campbell post office is very close to the Heritage center. You can go there to apply for a passport. However, that particular post office requires an appointment to apply for a passport. I would recommend that you call ahead to make an appointment. To make it a much easier and faster process, fill out the passport application form ahead of time and take two passport size photographs.

One quick note, since the post office takes your original citizenship certificate when you apply for the passport (they send it back with your passport), you may want to make a couple of copies.

Hope this helps.

CZPHope, if you show enough proof you can get same day passport in SF passport agency

"he San Francisco Passport Agency only serves customers who are traveling, or submitting their passports for foreign visas, within 14 days. To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day. If you are not traveling, or needing to submit your passport for foreign visas within 14 days, you must apply at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility."

you can find more details @ http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_900.html

hope this helps

My wife and I successfully completed the citizenship interview on 6/27/2006. I thank the forum members for their postings that definitely helped us in the preparation and expectations.

My interview officer was extremely courteous. The only documents they asked for were my current passport and the green card. Asked six civics questions verbally and asked me to write a very simple sentence.

They handed us the congratulation letters and told us that oath taking ceremony will be on July 19 at Campbell Heritage Theatre if I can get the oath letters in time or latest by August.

I have used this facility in the past (2003) for my son's passport. I got the passport in abut 4 hours on the same day I had taken the apptment. It was smooth, they checked the travel tickets though.

areyosamba said:
CZPHope, if you show enough proof you can get same day passport in SF passport agency

"he San Francisco Passport Agency only serves customers who are traveling, or submitting their passports for foreign visas, within 14 days. To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day. If you are not traveling, or needing to submit your passport for foreign visas within 14 days, you must apply at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility."

you can find more details @ http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_900.html

hope this helps

interview & name check

I had the interview today. The officer was very courteous, went over the application and confirmed some information on the application; handed me a page of 10 history/goverment quetions and asked me to read and answer them.

Everything went very well and I was expecting an approval. But unfortunately she looked up her paper and told me that FBI has not finished its work yet and told me it could be another 2 weeks. I got a N-652 which indicated "IP pending" which I do not know what it stands for.

She confirmed that the unfinished FBI work is name check and told me that I can request an infopass if not receiving the approval letter for a while. I read that recently there were a few posts about name check. Was any of these pending application approved within a few weeks? I am afraid that I might need to get information on how to schedule an infopass in a few weeks.

my journey so far....

Filed N400 at CSC for San Jose. Anyone filed in June 06?

Here's my timeline so far:

Forms mailed: 6/12/2006
Forms received: 6/14/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/20/2006
Receipt received: 6/29/2006
Priority date: 6/14/2006
Fingerprinting date: ?/??/????
Interview date: ?/??/????
Oath letter date: ?/??/????
Oath ceremony: ?/??/????

I have a FP appointment coming up next week. Do we need to prepare for civics test. I read someone mentioning about the civics test for FP. Can someone clarify? I plan to take the documents mentioned in the FP notice. Is there any prep. required?

No need for any preperation for FP. Civics test is only for the Interview. Just make sure your hands are clean and have no cuts :)

Thanks DesiChap.

My timeline at San Jose:
Forms mailed: 6/5/2006
Forms received: 6/7/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/14/2006
Receipt received: 6/7/2006
Priority date: 6/7/2006
Fingerprinting date: 7/5/2006
Interview Date: ?????

Update to my timeline (San Jose DO):

Forms mailed: 6/12/2006
Forms received: 6/14/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/20/2006
Receipt received: 6/29/2006
Priority date: 6/14/2006
FP notice date: 6/29/2006
FP letter received: 7/3/2006
FP date: 7/20/2006
Interview Letter Notice Date: ?/??/????
Interview Letter Received : ?/??/????
Interview date: ?/??/????
Oath letter date: ?/??/????
Oath ceremony: ?/??/????

Update with the interview date.

Does anyone know the oath date in Aug, 2006?
Thanks.

Timeline so far:
N-400 mailed: Feb 16th, 2006.
Priority date: Feb 22nd, 2006.
Confirmation letter: May 1st, 2006.
FP notice: May 1st, 2006
FP date: May 17th, 2006
Interview date: Aug 2nd, 2006.

rsh431

Oath Date in
August - 08/23/2006
September - 09/20/2006

Hope you'll make it to Oath ceremony in Aug

rsh431 said:
Update with the interview date.

Does anyone know the oath date in Aug, 2006?
Thanks.

Timeline so far:
N-400 mailed: Feb 16th, 2006.
Priority date: Feb 22nd, 2006.
Confirmation letter: May 1st, 2006.
FP notice: May 1st, 2006
FP date: May 17th, 2006
Interview date: Aug 2nd, 2006.

Got Oath letter for self on Friday June 30th. Oath is on 07/19/06 @ 3:pM Campbell. Still waiting for Spuse to receive Oath letter. Spouse interviewed about 10 mins before me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave my FP today and it went smooth. How do I go about finding FBI had cleared it?

My wife's finger printing is after 2 weeks and I spoke to the application center front office about taking it earlier than the scheduled date and they said it should be OK. Is there any issue in taking it earlier than scheduled? Please update.

---------
My timeline at San Jose:
Forms mailed: 6/5/2006
Forms received: 6/7/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/14/2006
Receipt received: 6/7/2006
Priority date: 6/7/2006
Fingerprinting date: 7/5/2006
Interview Date: ?????

Received spouse Oath letter today for Campbell 7/19 Oath 3PM. Letter is dated 06/30/06, I guess long weekend delayed the mailing.