San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

CZPHope, Were you able to check status on uscis website and also what are the first four letters of the receipt number?

For me online status always shows "Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found .....". Also, I thought my receipt number would start with WAC-followed by number but receipt number starts with WSC*(yes asterisk)-followed by numbers.

Hello areyosamba,

Nope. Me too am getting the same error message:

"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:... "

My case number too looks like WSC*nnnnnnnnn
[ where 0 <= n <= 9 :) ]

So just dont worry. May be the status database is not
synchronised with actual database :D

Also, not sure if it matters, in my spouse's notice there is
no small letter notification about finger print requirements :confused:

Has anyone have an idea on what it could be.?

-Regards,
CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
CZPHope, Were you able to check status on uscis website and also what are the first four letters of the receipt number?

For me online status always shows "Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found .....". Also, I thought my receipt number would start with WAC-followed by number but receipt number starts with WSC*(yes asterisk)-followed by numbers.

Oath Letter

Hi,
I and my husband had our interview on 1/24/06 but haven't received the oath letter yet. Has anyone with similar timeslines got the oath letter yet?

The lady who interviewed us seemed to be in a bad mood and was quite rude. We asked her whether FBI name check clearance had gone through but she didn't give us any information. So, we don't know whether our applications are stuck or not.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Did you get the N-652 page after the interview. Rude aor not, you are supposed to get it after the interview. This tells you the result of the interview. If she checked the first item ( You passed the test of English ..... ) on that page and then checked the A) line in the middle of the page, I think you are all set. If she checked B) then you may still be stuck for something.

Oath Letter

Yes, we did get the form and that did not mention anything about Name check pending -- It said passed the test and recommending for citizenship.

However, one of my friends got the same two areas tick-marked but was verbally told that her name check is pending and will take a few months :( .

Did anyone get oath letter ?

Hi,

Did anyone get March oath letter ?

My interview result letter says "You have passed the tests of English and US history and government" and A) congratulations. Your application has been recommended for approval.

I have not yet got the March oath letter.

My details --

DO : San Jose
Application sent on : 9/24
Application received on : 9/27
Priority Date : 9/27
Check cashed on : 10/4
Official Receipt Received on : 10/14
Online application status : Able to check the status
FP Notice received on : 10/24 ( Online status did not get updated )
FP Done : 11/05
Online status updated on : 12/15/05
Received interview letter on : 12/17/05
Interview done on : 02/14/06
Waiting for the oath letter ...

relax

hi-gen

it takes 1-6 weeks for oath letter therefore no need to worry I think you will get one soon :)

rm38134 said:
hi-gen

it takes 1-6 weeks for oath letter therefore no need to worry I think you will get one soon :)

I guess it depends on how soon the oath ceremony is held under your
District Office (San Jose in this case I guess) jurisdiction.

For folks in east bay (alameda country) and who falls under Oakland/SFO office,
typically the oath letter is mailed atleast 1.5-2 weeks before the oath
(based on the forum posts in SFO timeline thread)

The oath at SFO is typically on every 7th and 21st of each month at the
Masonic auditorium.

I am also waiting for the Oath letter for the March 22 ceremony. My interview was on Jan 23. I think they are all sent out in a single lot about 3 weeks before the ceremony. I have not heard of anyone getting the oath letter for the March 22 ceremony as yet.

I'm still unable to check online status..How about you.? areyosamba.?

Also, anyone has idea as to why my Notice doesnt have small prints, talking
about FingerPrints.?

-thanks,
CZPHope

areyosamba said:

Nope, same thing. still unable to check
CZPHope said:
I'm still unable to check online status..How about you.? areyosamba.?

Also, anyone has idea as to why my Notice doesnt have small prints, talking
about FingerPrints.?

-thanks,
CZPHope

areyosamba said:
Nope, same thing. still unable to check

I mailed in 2/7 through certified mail and it took 6 days to be delivered. Big mistakes... The check was cashed on 2/17. Have not heard back since then. Do I suppose to get a notice letter? When did you get it? I have to go back home due to family issue this month and am waiting for FP notice to decide the exact schedule. Many thanks.

Interview dates for Jan/Feb FP appointments at San Jose

Hi,

Anyone who did FP late Jan/early Feb got their interview letters. I did my FP on 2/16. I might have to go out on a business trip and would like to have a rough estimate of when I will be getting my interview scheduled, so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Please respond.

Randyraj

randyraj said:
Hi,

Anyone who did FP late Jan/early Feb got their interview letters. I did my FP on 2/16. I might have to go out on a business trip and would like to have a rough estimate of when I will be getting my interview scheduled, so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Please respond.

Randyraj

Normally, one gets the interview letter about 1-1.5 month in advance of
the interview, which should probably give you some idea..

Oath Letter for March 22 '06 Received - Campbell Heritage Theatre

Received oath letter for March 22 2006 ceremony. Interview date was Feb 08 2006.

Total process from start to finish (at San Jose DO) almost exactly 6 months.

Now the application # starts with WSC*xxxxxxxxx
WSC = Western Service Center ?
This used to be WAC, since when did they change this ?

The letter gives information for INS web page. It also says "At present, this site does not provide case status information"

Last edited by a moderator:
CSC - San Jose
N-400 mailed : 03/02/2006
N-400 received by USCIS: TBD
N-400 PD : TBD
N-400 ND : TBD
FP - ND: TDB
FP letter received:TBD
FP Appointment: TBD
FP Taken at San Sose and sent to FBI: TBD
FP processed by FBI and send back to USCIS: TBD
Interview Letter Notice Date: TBD
Interview Letter Received : TBD
Interview date : TBD
Oath letter received: TBD

San carlos falls under what CSC ?

How do you guys determine the CSC ? If I am live in San Carlos what shoudl be by CSC ? SJC ? SFO ? or something else ? any website ?