San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

BEC Status

I sent an email to BEC and got a reply immediately with the new case no. I still have not received the 45 day letter. Atleast i know that my case is not lost.
D-04320-xxxxx

Rd - 6/19/03

RD-6/19/03 RIR EB-2
No BEC letter yet!
Called SFO where AVM says ALL RIR cases from March 03 have been forwarded to Dallas or Philli.
DOL website shows California cases are to be processed in Dallas.
Colleague of mine EB-3 RD 7/03 (SFO) has received 45 day letter from Dallas.

Don't know what is going on-confused thoroughly...
Any folks with RD's in June 03 that are in my boat?

Still smiling....though

pklam said:
I sent an email to BEC and got a reply immediately with the new case no. I still have not received the 45 day letter. Atleast i know that my case is not lost.
D-04320-xxxxx
Hi pklam, "gp111"
Could you please let me know how to email the BEC?
how can I know to which one?
by myself or by my company/lowyer?
what information should I include?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pareshan4GC said:
Hey GP111,
I am a little worried. My RD date with SF DOL is Aug 14, 2003. My colleagues RD with SF DOL is Aug 1, 2003. He has received the 45 day letter (About 7-8 days back) but I havent.
Would you know what is happening? Do I need to be alarmed?

I don't see any cause of getting alarmed.. I share RD with you (Aug 14,2003) & have not received LOVE Letter yet !.. It looks like they are sending letters very randomly.. I have seen people with RD of 2004 getting letters & May03 with no letters.. so just wait & watch.. WE WILL receive OUR SHARE of BEC LOVE (letter!) soon

usaeaxs2 said:
RD-6/19/03 RIR EB-2
No BEC letter yet!
Called SFO where AVM says ALL RIR cases from March 03 have been forwarded to Dallas or Philli.
DOL website shows California cases are to be processed in Dallas.
Colleague of mine EB-3 RD 7/03 (SFO) has received 45 day letter from Dallas.

Don't know what is going on-confused thoroughly...
Any folks with RD's in June 03 that are in my boat?

Still smiling....though

ALL RIR in SF DOL beyond May-03 have been moved to DALLAS & PHILLY.. What DOL website shows is for SWA cases not SF DOL.. Half of SF DOL cases are in PHILLY & other half in DALLAS ..

Refilling option

Hi GP111 and other gurus,

My DOL RD is May 2003 and PD is July 2002. Going by the current scenario I am losing hope of getting my Labour done in the near future(I haven't received the LOVE letter yet and therefore I am assuming it may take another 4 to 6 months before these bastards have a look at my case).
Given that PERM's actiavtion date is March 28 2004 , I was wondering if I should refile in PERM. I have worked for almost 4 years with my present employer and probably I can show the progressive exp. required for filing in EB2 category. Do you think I should reapply in PERM in EB2?
Also can you please throw some light as to how do the BRC ppl plan to process the labour cases once they receive the reply to their 45 days letter? I mean now that we are seeing that ppl with RD much later than May 2003 have recvd the love letters and probably replied to them by now, what criteria will they use to process the cases?

Thanks for your help.

gp111 said:
I don't see any cause of getting alarmed.. I share RD with you (Aug 14,2003) & have not received LOVE Letter yet !.. It looks like they are sending letters very randomly.. I have seen people with RD of 2004 getting letters & May03 with no letters.. so just wait & watch.. WE WILL receive OUR SHARE of BEC LOVE (letter!) soon
gp111,

Admire your patience in answering all these questions, sometimes repeating.

All,
About the 45-day letter, the only pattern I have seen is that there is no pattern! The cases were supposed to be entered FIFO at BEC, but from the case numbers (the middle 5 digits) you'll see that newer cases have been entered before the older cases, even from the same (CA) DOL and in same (T/RIR) category. Once entered into the system, the 45 day letters have arrived randomly (older cases were keyed into the system later, but the letters arrived sooner!!).

So to all waiting for the 45DL, hang in there...

RIR and regular cases in BEC?

Hi, all,
I lost track of current processing, could someone clarify or confirm with following news: ( from http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html )
----------------------------------
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Does that mean RIR case have to wait after regular cases filed in April 31, 2001 in BEC?

More questions:
1. What is the sequence of the processing:
a. RIR DOL cases
b. RIR SWA cases
c. Regular cases
d. Remanded cases ( RIR -> Regular )

2. Is BEC current certifying any cases, or just do nothing but migration?

3. Could anybody comment on: For the new filer, should file under RIR now or just prepared to file PERM after March 28?

Please answer my questions with whatever you known even though you only known a little bit. I need info urgently. Thank you very much!

lxx2003

aj76us,

You mean Refile or Convert to PERM ?

With Your PD July 2002 & RD MAY 2003 I would not recommand Refiling (where you discard your PD) ... You might consider Convert .. BUT hey, Perm is also gonna start end of March, if you Convert in say April 1st week & everything goes well with PERM You may get certification in MAY/June.. BEC will also be approving your current CASE by then !!! Also By June or July PD Cutoff will also advance (looking at current trend).. so you should be still fine with current application & EB-3... couple of months here & there !

Now, second point, You said you can file for EB-2, how ? Will you change employers ? Cause you cannot show your current experience (even if its progressive)..

lxx2003,

A. DOL RIR & NON RIR Cases (because SWA part is already done)
B . SWA RIR & NON RIR Cases including remanded

Just data entry, Sending out letters & entering responses

3. Could anybody comment on: For the new filer, should file under RIR now or just prepared to file PERM after March 28?

PERM is the best way to go (to avoide 24 months of backlog)

One thing though is converted cases are not guaranteed 45 to 60 days turnaround.. so that itself is indeterminate. Also, to convert a case, you have to re-go thru proof of efforts of hiring which is a cost (time and money) you should be willing to absorb.

gp111 said:
lxx2003,

PERM is the best way to go (to avoide 24 months of backlog)

My comments

In the Month of Febraury unless you have documentation for previous 6 months i doubt you can file under RIR, Only way is TR method if you do not file before March 28.

Email

HA-1 said:
Hi pklam, "gp111"
Could you please let me know how to email the BEC?
how can I know to which one?
by myself or by my company/lowyer?
what information should I include?
Thank you.

HA-1,
All i did was send it thru my company email to 'status@dal.dflc.us' with the following info:
EMPLOYER NAME:-
ALIEN FIRST NAME:
ALIEN LAST NAME:
CASE NO: 0957xxxx
Transferred from SFO DOL
I got the following response:
Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is:

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

lxx2003 said:
Hi, all,
I lost track of current processing, could someone clarify or confirm with following news: ( from http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html )
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Does that mean RIR case have to wait after regular cases filed in April 31, 2001 in BEC?

More questions:
a. RIR DOL cases
b. RIR SWA cases
c. Regular cases
d. Remanded cases ( RIR -> Regular )

Please answer my questions with whatever you known even though you only known a little bit. I need info urgently. Thank you very much!

lxx2003

Just to refresh every body that BEC operation is

1.Data enter All transferred cases
2.Quality chcek / Verification
3.Send 45 day letter for discrepency & withdraw or continue
4.Renter Replies
5.Priviling WAGE determination
6.Setup seperate Q for RIR and TR
7.Start processing based on Replies recieved (FIFO) and PD
I know every body does not like this
8.For eg if they start case of PD June 1st 2002 as Top of Q based on replies and all documentation recieved. And later if reply is recived for PD may 1st 2002 that case will jump to the top of the Q based on PD.
9. So except for few overlaps still they may try to keep maintaing FIFO
10. After Analyst process (verify documentation for RIR and start supervised advt for NOn RIR, blah, ) it is forwarded for final approval or Deniel for FED officers. The time estimated for RIR cases is 15min to 1 hr per analyst.
11.Adjudicate or Deniel letter generated.

All this process is streamlined through sw and as they progress it may get linked to 2 more satelite centers

The delay might be for establishing a National Standard for Restrictive Requirement which are currently different for each states.

The earliest case in this thread ,Bec reply sent was around Jan 2005 having Pd of May 2002 , So we can expect some light only during end of April based on waiting period of 90 days for next status check approval.

Source of Information:
All threads and Web sites

Status Check

I am just curious if only Dallas BEC has a status check? Could it be that we need to send to Philly BEC an email to check on the status of our case?

runaway73 said:
I am just curious if only Dallas BEC has a status check? Could it be that we need to send to Philly BEC an email to check on the status of our case?
Philly does not seem to have a status check.
I had sent a status check email to Dallas and Philly and I got my case number only from Dallas (altough my case has gone to Philly) while Philly sent me a reply back that they cannot give me a status now.

Did you e-mail Dallas directly or did you have to use your employer e-mail address?
In our company of all the 3 cases filed, I am the only one who has not received a 45 day letter. the other 2 case hat a RD at DOL of 03/01/2004 and 06/01/2004. I'm bewginning to be worried and concerned. Any of you with a RD at DOL: 10/6/2003?

PD at EDD: 09/7/2002
RD at DOL: 10/6/2003

Case status

sarj said:
Did you e-mail Dallas directly or did you have to use your employer e-mail address?
In our company of all the 3 cases filed, I am the only one who has not received a 45 day letter. the other 2 case hat a RD at DOL of 03/01/2004 and 06/01/2004. I'm bewginning to be worried and concerned. Any of you with a RD at DOL: 10/6/2003?

PD at EDD: 09/7/2002
RD at DOL: 10/6/2003
Hi sarj,
We are 3 cases in my company, 2 with RD 05/30/2003 not received 45 letter, 1 with RD 06/27/2003 and got the letter. looks like they send it not in FIFO , but in "Random". just wait more monthes (+ previous years!) and see.
Thank you "pklam", I send email 2 times, no responce. :confused:

PD: 05/31/2002
RD: 05/30/2003
DOT: 999.151-051
CASE# 09566xxx RIR