San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

jnathan said:
So in essence if the BECs start adjudicating cases based on FIFO of attorney response date, we are in for a LOOO....NG wait.

I wouldnt believe and it is not a natural justice with any common sense unless they give a cut off date.

Let us not believe and lets keep up our spirits high in believing adjudicating by PD FIFO which was goal of creating BEC centers and Natioanl Processing centers. This removes geographical Bias while applying for GC.

And all this will come to an end after March 28 2005 with PERM

rsdighe said:
HI,
any new approvals from SF DOL , my PD is 4/11. does someone atleast know what is happening?
i have downloaded the .zip from flcdatacenter but does anyone has a filtered list from say the last case number that was approved till the end of april??? Please let me know

--rahul

From last week, they haven't updated the AVM. I am not sure from last two days..

As you requested, the last approvals was posted by vP. They are as follows:
jan18 "09553531",3/31/2003 999.491-011
jan18 "09553532",3/27/2003 999.131-051
jan18 "09553534",3/27/2003 999.352-012
jan18 "09553535",3/27/2003 999.151-031
jan18 "09553536",3/31/2003 999.472-044
jan18 "09553537",3/27/2003 999.271-021
jan18 "09553538",3/27/2003 999.271-021

I think still they are doing the MAR-31.

Thanks
DOL RD 04/16/2003

Hi Zany_Brainy,

My PD is Feb-2002 and SFO DOL RD is June 2003 and I am still waiting for that letter.

Interestingly, within my company, we received the 45-day letter for the PD July 2003 and RD June 2004.

It means that there is absolutely BECs are not following any order.

My lawyer responded to BPC receipt notification letter on January 5th. I received a copy of his response today.

transferred from SF DOL to Dallas BPC
receipt from EDD: 6/19/2002
forwarded to DOL: 06/09/2003

sr1234 said:
From last week, they haven't updated the AVM. I am not sure from last two days..

As you requested, the last approvals was posted by vP. They are as follows:
jan18 "09553531",3/31/2003 999.491-011
jan18 "09553532",3/27/2003 999.131-051
jan18 "09553534",3/27/2003 999.352-012
jan18 "09553535",3/27/2003 999.151-031
jan18 "09553536",3/31/2003 999.472-044
jan18 "09553537",3/27/2003 999.271-021
jan18 "09553538",3/27/2003 999.271-021

I think still they are doing the MAR-31.

Thanks
DOL RD 04/16/2003

Got my labor approval 2 days back.
RD: 31st March 2003.Applied from CA.
Thanks folks for all your postings which helped this silent reader!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ucgc said:

Congrats :)
Please provide your Case no for our analysis..

2 Questions

People I have 2 questions. If you know anything about it please respond.
Are cases at 140 level processed based on received date with EB2/EB3 queues...or is it based on priority date within EB2/EB3 queues. Because if its former then we are looking at long wait at 140 level too because of PERM coming soon that will churn cases out of DOL to 140.

For 140/485 process, I understand I need birth certificate, Is it required for my wife too? I am just too frustrated :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ucgc said:

Congrats and Good Luck for next stages
At last we may start to see April folks in near future

mogambo2495 said:
People I have 2 questions. If you know anything about it please respond.
Are cases at 140 level processed based on received date with EB2/EB3 queues...or is it based on priority date within EB2/EB3 queues. Because if its former then we are looking at long wait at 140 level too because of PERM coming soon that will churn cases out of DOL to 140.
>> Based on Appln recd date and EB2/EB3 But currently they are at same months.

For 140/485 process, I understand I need birth certificate, Is it required for my wife too? I am just too frustrated
Spuose and dependent childrend below Age 21 are added at this stage and require only at I-485, But if you are filing concurrently you may have to submitt along with I-485:(

how to find out if my Labor is filed in EB2 or EB3

Is there any way to find out if my labor was filed in EB2 or in EB3,
without asking attorney?

Is this info embedded in FLCDatacenter report?

Thanks in advance,
galamuri

Just heard ....

Hey Guys,

Just heard from my attorney about the 45 day letter. He got it yesterday and replied back. (Letter supposed to be Responded by March 10, 2005)

mnhrdc,

There is an ETA case number : is this the new number being assigned by BEC. It starts with a D (meaning Dallas) I guess.

PD 04/17/2003
RD 03/11/2004
CA DOL
(45 Day Letter Received 01/27/05 from Dallas BEC)

"recd date" means 140 receive date, right?

Which means PERM applicant with PD as late as 2005 have good chance to jump ahead of most people here waiting as long as 3 years if PERM is really efficient as claimed, which is yet unknown, and BEC keeps current pace, which is very likely.

Also it could mean flooding cases for I140/485 stage, and may significantly slow down the current pretty satisfactory processing people are enjoying.

Anyway people with RD around the cut-off date (RD May 2003) are the biggest victim. The stupidity of DOL may cost probably extra 0.5 to 2 years. Latercomers probably suffers less.

correct me if I am wrong.

Some update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights of PERM Meeting in Chicago - Jan 2005

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) held its first PERM training meeting in Chicago, Illinois on January 11, 2005. To ensure that we stay abreast of the latest information on PERM, we sent an attorney from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. to the session. This valuable information is the latest available on backlog reduction and PERM. It should help MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers in making their plans.

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers

The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. Open cases at the regions are not moving to the BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.

San Francisco had the largest volume of backlog cases, so 10,000 of their cases went to Dallas and 10,000 to Philadelphia. The DOL is using UPS for backlog shipments. The contract staff from Exceed Corporation is responsible for getting all of the cases moved to their proper locations. The current expectation is that there are an additional 200,000 cases from the states beyond those moved from the regions.

As of January 4, 2005, only 17 states had sent their backlogged cases that were due on December 31, 2004. This is approximately 24,000 cases. Larger states are slower because they have more cases to box.

Procedures at BECs

BEC operations have been making progress each day. There are many challenges because of the large volume of cases. There is a brand new software system that has glitches and a largely new staff that needs training. To date, they have sent approximately 26,000 "45-day letters." These are letters to potential employers essentially verifying whether or not the employer wishes to pursue the case. Of these, 11,000 had potentially unnecessary questions about the existence of the company because of the insufficient database that was in use. They now have other databases and they will continue to send out these 45-day letters. The DOL requests that the 11,000 letters also be answered, as this is more efficient than their having to send out revised letters.

When the BEC gets a case, it goes through data entry and then the 45-day letter is issued. When the response is received, the case is put into one of the 2 processing streams (RIR or Regular), and those streams are adjusted for FIFO (first-in / first-out order) on a routine basis. Information is in the process of being set up for a public system. Right now, the Boston and New York regional offices are the only locations with accurate information available to the public. The initial data entry that precedes issuance of the 45-day letter is under consideration for possibly being abbreviated so that the files may more quickly be identified as having arrived at the BECs. A national database is being implemented so that it will be possible to call one BEC and get information about the location of the file, regardless of which BEC has the file.

Efforts are currently focused on data entry. It does not appear that cases are being processed as yet. The next step will be to share the BEC software with New York / Boston and San Francisco, once more of the programmatic problems have been worked out.

The DOL expects backlog procedures to be fully defined by the PERM start date of March 28, 2005. Anything filed prior to PERM will be considered a part of the backlog. Backlog elimination is estimated to take approximately 24 to 30 months once PERM has begun. This, in part, depends upon the number of people re-filing under PERM.

Expect DOL Transitional Guidances

The DOL expects to release two more guidances on transitional procedures in the near future. The first will guide the states on procedures once PERM has been implemented. This is expected to be published in the next month. The second notice will outline which states will use the Atlanta National Processing Center (NPC) and which will use the Chicago NPC for PERM. Both guidances will appear in the Federal Register.

Temporary programs, like the H2B program, will move to Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL so that BECs will be able to focus on backlogs. This transition has not been completed yet. DOL will issue guidance on handling non-PERM cases received after March 28, 2005 (postmarked before March 28, 2005, etc).

What Triggers an Audit under PERM?

Under PERM, there are certain programmatic "flags" that will trigger DOL case audits. Audits will be triggered by responses on the forms. The DOL is using technology to detect anything odd, down to whether the phone number provided for a company is a cell phone number.

Processing Timeframes under PERM

Most PERM cases are expected to be completed in 45 to 60 days, but this processing time will not apply to those cases that are submitted by mail. The system will assign a date to an eFiling automatically. Paper filings will be date stamped.

Previous RIR or Regular Cases Re-Filed as PERM

The DOL will be posting information on the conversion to PERM of cases previously filed under the regular LC or RIR programs. Re-filed applications may take longer to process than other PERM cases that are filed on the new ETA Form 9089. The time will depend upon how many of these are received and where the original case files are located. Most likely, they are going to have a relationship between the BEC database and the PERM database to use technology as much as possible to check whether the filings are identical - a requirement for retaining the original priority date. DOL expects that re-filing a case should still result in a faster labor certification processing than if the case is left at the BEC and not re-filed. With priority date retrogression preventing EB3 cases from reaching the I-485 stage, this faster processing may not result in any net gain in overall green card processing time for those nationals from India, mainland China, and the Philippines affected by the EB3 retrogression of dates. For a detailed analysis of this topic, see our January 21, 2005 MurthyBulletin article, PERM and EB3 Candidates - File Regular LC Now!, available on MurthyDotCom.

Employer Obligations Regarding Recruitment

If there is any doubt as to whether a case is for a professional job, the DOL recommends that the employers complete the professional recruitment. For all cases, the State Workforce Agency or SWA job order must be sent to the SWA, not just America's Job Bank.

If there are laid-off U.S. workers, an explanation as to why they are not qualified should be in the employer's recruitment report. The DOL thinks that recruitment reports are even more important under an attestation model. They do not want "the ink to be too wet" on a recruitment report if there is an audit. That is, it should be prepared at the time the recruitment occurs, not at the time of an audit. The DOL will also be checking whether the employer is aware that a case was filed for the particular employee. Thus it appears that there may be greater scrutiny by the DOL if an employer files on behalf of a future employee.

Deadlines for Responses to DOL

Under PERM, there is supposed to be a 30-day deadline for any information that the DOL requests. The DOL believes this is better than different deadlines for different types of requests. The DOL emphasized that 30 days for audit letters is only taking into account that someone may be out of town, but they expect the data to be readily available and sent in much earlier.

Prevailing Wages

The DOL is working with the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) on the four prevailing wage levels required under the 2004 Omnibus Act and expect to have guidance and training available on this issue prior to March 8, 2005. As some of our readers may be aware, PERM requires the DOL to consider four levels of wages instead of the existing two levels. This has caused a great deal of hardship and potential problems for employers and employees.

Conclusion

We appreciate the DOL's efforts in holding these meetings around the country to explain PERM. Although the DOL did not answer specific audience questions about PERM, they did collect written questions they intend to answer on an FAQ page on the DOL WebSite in the future.

As always, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy are pleased to be able to share this cutting- edge information with our readers. We will continue to monitor the DOL's various presentations and update MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers on this hot topic that will affect many lives.

Copyright 2005, The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

Attorney just inquired on my behalf from BEC (Don't know how)
They told him my new case number and that it is in Philly BEC
CA PD : feb 2,2003
CA RD: Apr 6,2004
But I have not recieved any 45-day Letter yet from Philly. Does this mean that Philly sent the letter and it got lost ?
My thinking is that if they can tell my attorney the new case number means they recieved and entered the data in the system and generated the 45 day letter.. Gurus am I right??
Do you think I should ask attorney to follow up from Philly BEC or just keep waiting patiently for the 45 day letter.
has any one with this PD from CA got a letter from Philly ?
Any input highly appreciated

nk01 said:
Attorney just inquired on my behalf from BEC (Don't know how)
They told him my new case number and that it is in Philly BEC
CA PD : feb 2,2003
CA RD: Apr 6,2004
But I have not recieved any 45-day Letter yet from Philly. Does this mean that Philly sent the letter and it got lost ?
My thinking is that if they can tell my attorney the new case number means they recieved and entered the data in the system and generated the 45 day letter.. Gurus am I right??
Do you think I should ask attorney to follow up from Philly BEC or just keep waiting patiently for the 45 day letter.
has any one with this PD from CA got a letter from Philly ?
Any input highly appreciated

I am also waiting for my letter. My attorney has confirmed today that
he has not received the letter for me yet and they are still getting the
letters for others. So the only option is to wait patiently for some more
time. Many of my friends (whose PD/RD is arround my date) also haven't
received the letter yet.
PD: 10/16/2003
RD: 09/13/2004

??

why RD in 2004 cases are faster than RD in 2003 cases to receive the '45 days letter' ?

??

msbspv said:
Hey Guys,

Just heard from my attorney about the 45 day letter. He got it yesterday and replied back. (Letter supposed to be Responded by March 10, 2005)

mnhrdc,

There is an ETA case number : is this the new number being assigned by BEC. It starts with a D (meaning Dallas) I guess.

PD 04/17/2003
RD 03/11/2004
CA DOL
(45 Day Letter Received 01/27/05 from Dallas BEC)

I am happy for the people who are receiving the 45-day letter. But I am more worried for my case where I am still waiting for the that.

CA PD: Feb 2002
CA RD: June 2003

I am also in the same boat.

PD: AUG 02
RD: June 03
CA SFO DOL

2muchwait said:
I am happy for the people who are receiving the 45-day letter. But I am more worried for my case where I am still waiting for the that.

CA PD: Feb 2002
CA RD: June 2003