San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

erdfcv said:
My question is about New Memo on AC21

My labor was approved back in May 04. I thanked you for ALL your help and moved out of DOL thread to 140/485 thread.

However, I have a 50% chance of getting layoffed this Friday. 1/29/05 would be the day my 140/485 is pending for 180 days. My 140 is not approved yet.

What's worse than that is, I just talked to a lawyer, he said only having 140/485 pending for 180 days is not sufficient to use AC21. The new memo (don't know the date of the memo) from BCIS says 140 has to be approved to be able to use AC21. Anybody knows the link to this NEW memo?

If I get layoffed on Friday and I am in six year extension of H-1b, what are the things I can do? I can only think of finding another employer that can sponsor my new 140 application. Is that all I can do?

AC21 can be applied only after I-140 approval and lapse of 180 days after filing I-485.
Alternate routes, use of EAD, (I think you must have an EAD which can be obtained after lapse of 90days of filing I-485 if not obtain immediately)

zdf31 said:
Let's post updated if anyone get information or improvement on the cases.

[
QUOTE=zdf31]me either. Mine was replied on 10.05.04.

But my attorney said, she has got one responce recently (last week) sent about same time with me. But My case need to be assigned to another officer (the original one has been laid off), it may take longer.
[/QUOTE]

Hi zdf31,
Could you please post the details of the response from DOL ,wheher dol approved the case ...etc

Thanks
dask_1

3-option letter

wassup said:
Here is the list of people waiting for the 3-option response from DOL. Mine was replied on 10.05.04. Seems to me that they have become busy sending their backlog to BEC's.

niv,
astitva,
dask_1,
rp12345,
r_sundu,
satyen_2003,
wassup

Mine was replied for the 3 option letter in the thrid week of oct.

niv,
astitva,
dask_1,
rp12345,
r_sundu,
satyen_2003,
wassup,
saroren

rajhmal said:
Last cases certified are

09553818 Dec 23 3/27/2003 999.211-011
09553504 Dec30 3/27/2003 999.172-051
09553509 Jan 05 3/27/2003 999.352-014

Hv been checking regularly, but there is nothing to cheer about or report to!!!
Found 3 new 999.151-032 cases

09553511 certified Jan 10
09553518 certified Jan 10
09553519 certified Jan 10

DOL process cases on PD or based on job code

Hi Everybody

Today I found ....
One of my friend who works for some big Pharma company in Bay area as biologist & have BS degree ....His PD is April 2003, and RO April 2004 already got approved on Nov 24, 2004.....
His case was in SF DOL ....

Does this mean they are processsing all the cases but computer/Electronics ..and sending them to Backlog and building more backlog ....

I could not understand ...Does this mean DOL is intentionally not processing computer professional cases or what ?

-Adya

It's very difficult to put any logic how SF dol is working(LIFO/FIFO/LILO)? Few cases moved to BEC, few got 45 days letter, few lucky already got approval.

just hope some day they will approve our cases as well. ;)

Thanks,

Adya said:
Hi Everybody

Today I found ....
One of my friend who works for some big Pharma company in Bay area as biologist & have BS degree ....His PD is April 2003, and RO April 2004 already got approved on Nov 24, 2004.....
His case was in SF DOL ....

Does this mean they are processsing all the cases but computer/Electronics ..and sending them to Backlog and building more backlog ....

I could not understand ...Does this mean DOL is intentionally not processing computer professional cases or what ?

-Adya

State Department Announces EB3 Rollback For January 2005

December 9, 2004 - The State Department today released the Visa Bulletin for January 2005, confirming that beginning on January 1, 2005, the priority date cutoff for green card applicants from China, India, and the Philippines in the employment-based third preference (EB3) category will be January 1, 2002.
As previously reported, this means that for EB3 applicants from China, India, and the Philippines, their eligibility to file an I-485 application for Adjustment of Status, and the rate at which pending applications in these categories would be approved and issued, would be restricted according to the State Department's priority date system. Each immigrant visa petition has a priority date associated with it (e.g., the date the original application for labor certification was filed, or the date the I-140 petition was filed if no labor certification was required in the category).
The priority date system directly impacts employment based green card applicants in the following ways:
Individuals who have not yet filed their I-485 application for adjustment of status will be eligible to file that application only when their priority date is current (i.e., the priority date is on or before the cutoff date published monthly by the State Department in the Visa Bulletin);
Individuals who have filed their I-485 application for adjustment of status will not have their green cards approved until their priority date is current. However, these adjustment of status applications will continue to be considered to be pending for the purpose of applying for employment authorization documents and advance parole documents;
Individuals with approved I-140 petitions who apply for their immigrant visa through a US consulate in their home country must have a current priority date at the time the immigrant visa application is filed and at the time the application is approved by the consulate.
The State Department monitors on a monthly basis the number of immigrant visas or green cards that are issued in each category and compares this number to the total available for that category for the year as fixed by statute. When the rate of approval of immigrant visas (green cards) approaches the maximum allowable, the State Department begins restricting the rate at which applications can be filed or approved. This is done by publishing on a monthly basis the priority date "cutoffs" for each visa category - immigrant visa applications with priority dates on or before the published cutoff date for the category (i.e., their priority date is "current") can be filed, or if pending, can be approved; applications with priority dates later than the published cutoff date cannot be filed or approved (if pending) and must wait until their priority date becomes "current." The published cutoff dates may sometimes retrogress (i.e., go backward over time rather than forward), according to the State Department's estimate of usage

3-option cases

Guys, could you ask your lawyers to find out how DOL is dealing with the 3-option cases?

niv,
astitva,
dask_1,
rp12345,
r_sundu,
satyen_2003,
wassup,
saroren,
zdf31

HopeAlive said:
Found 3 new 999.151-032 cases

09553511 certified Jan 10
09553518 certified Jan 10
09553519 certified Jan 10

Also certified
09553521 certified Jan 10
09553522 certified Jan 10

:)

Hi vpHome

How do you find out that which case is approved ?
CAn you please send the link of site or some info How to find the status of the case ?

Thanks,
Adya

BEC and PERM clarifications/updates

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times, meaning it can be within two years or so. Uh?!

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: No Parallel Applications Permitted Without Losing Priority Date

When people refile a PERM application without dislosing the pending application, the National Processing Centers will access the database at the BPCs to see whether any cases are pending for the employer and the employee. Accordingly, parallel filing of PERM application and non-PERM application will be blocked by the DOL. Such policy will enhance the risk of conversion and a fewer employers may attempt conversion fiing.

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: Status of Backlog Reduction Work and Anticipated Processing Times

The Backlog Processing Centers (BPC) must complete several stages of activities before they can adjudicate any cases. The first step is to receive the backlog cases from the former Regions and SWAs in 50 states. The second step is to perform data entry and development of national database system for establishment of national "queue" for Traditional Cases and RIR pursuant to the policy of processing of First In First Out (FIFO) order. Once the development of national database system is completed, they will be ready to adjudicate the backlog applications. At this time, the BPCs are at the stage of receiving shipments from the states and the Regions. As soon as they receive the shipments, the contractors start making data entry to the national database.
The shipments are undertaken per the DOL Transitional Guidelines (TG). Those cases which were received before 01/01/2002 were scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by 12/31/2004 and remaining cases are scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by March 31, 2005. The shipments include only "unopened" cases. For the opened cases, the DOL has sent out instructions to the SWAs to complete the entire opened backlog cases by 03/31/2005.
The first shipment was made from San Francisco Region. Total 20,000 oldest cases. 10,000 cases were shipped to the Dallas BPC and 10,000 cases were shipped to the Philadelphia BPC. These cases have been data-entried and part of the inquiry letters have been sent out to the employers and their attorneys. The BPCs have also received 24,000 cases from 17 states as of the end of the year, and expects to receive altogether 100,000 within January 2005.
As for the backlog cases in the Regional Offices, total is tallied at 55,000 nationwide. These cases need to establish the national queue for FIFO processing.
The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.
The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience.

Adya said:
Hi vpHome

How do you find out that which case is approved ?
CAn you please send the link of site or some info How to find the status of the case ?

Thanks,
Adya

I downloaded the case file list and i call the PhNo and check it.
Its a tedious process.

415-975-4617 - USING CASE NO

Select option 1 for Permanent applicant
Then select option 1 , if you know your case number.

It will give you the status

At last labor approved

Hi All,

Finaly my labor approved yesterday. Today i checked avm status posted as certified on 01/10/2005. thank you for ALL your help.special thanks to gp111.

Here is my Case Details

Case No : 095530XX
PD :03/07/2002
DOL RD :03/17/2003
Company :South CA with 25 to 50 empoyee
Certified :01/10/2005.
Documents Rcvd : Pending
dot code : 999-151-032

Congratulations!!! I feel a little relieved. My case was RD on 3/24/2003 (probably the last case of the day) and didn't hear anything at all, I was worried, still am, but less :)

Thanks for updating us.

rockyrp said:
Hi All,

Finaly my labor approved yesterday. Today i checked avm status posted as certified on 01/10/2005. thank you for ALL your help.special thanks to gp111.

Here is my Case Details

Congrats !!! :)

Congrats!

hi rockyrp,

Could you please tell us about you experience requirement for job like BS+ X year or MS+Y years?

thanks,

Questions about Perm 45 - 60 Day Processing Time

Can anybody tell me what is included in this 45-60 day processing time?
Does it include labor certification or no? If no, how long is the labor certification process under the "new" system?

Urgent! Can I use approved labor from prior employer?

labor approved last year but will get layoff soon.

Would I be able to use approved labor from prior employer for my new job?

By the time I get laid off, if I use EAD, is it going to invavid my oppotunity to apply for green card with my wife or re-apply a green card myself in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
happy for u ...

They are still processing march ... how can they manage to process RIR and PERM at the same time ....

rockyrp said:
Hi All,

Here is my Case Details

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: