San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

mnhrdc,
Thanks for helping me answer these critical questions. As I am going to talk to my lawyer, I just want to be prepared. I hope you can answer a few more questions in the next several days as the situation gets more complex than I expected.

1.Do you have an EAD against your GC processing? - Yes. The GC and EAD are against the job I am going to lose in a few days.

2. you can use your EAD and risk is cant go back on your H1. - understand. If the company revoke my GC, is my EAD still valid? If my 140 is rejected, is my EAD invalid?

3.Do you have an EAD against your wifes GC processing - My wife's GC processing is in the LC period. It has been pending for more than a year. However, her GC application is not with her current employer. She will reach her six year limit Feb next year. Question: Would she be able to apply the 7th year extension based on a GC application that is not submitted by her current employer? If the answer is yes, her company should be able to sponsor my H4 even though I have used six years of H1b.

4.You can use EAD as derivitive benifit and if original applicant is not adjudicated you can go back as H4 visa. - My wife's LC just reach Fed level. Her LC approval will be at least a year and half away.

5.The total stay of H1+h4 cannt be more than 6yrs unless gc is under progress. - Question: if the aquiring company does not revoke my GC application, I should be able to file H4 even if my wife does not have a GC under progress. But her company's attorney may question the validity of pending 140/485 since I lost the job against my GC.

6. As long as you maintain h1/h4 visa's you are not out of status. - Understand. During the time I apply for H4 and after H4 is approved, would I be able to use EAD to work? I understand I can't go back to H1.

Thanks again for thinking through all my questions and you really helped me big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gp111 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Gp111,

We are missing your valuable inputs to this forum.

Please through your comments regarding the current situation (45 day letters) !!!!!

45 day letter

OneMoreIndian said:
Hi "ty12";

Can you please let us know in which state you filed your state labor and when you received the 45 day notice

Filed in CA
Letter received Jan 12th 2005

sacbee said:
Hi Gp111,

We are missing your valuable inputs to this forum.

Please through your comments regarding the current situation (45 day letters) !!!!!

Per immi-law portal, they are still in stage of recieving and sending 45day letters .They expect 100k files are entered in data base by end of Jan 2005.
I would say even though we havent recieved the letters now wee need not be concerned, once we get the letter we jump the que according to our state PD dates. Lets wait for atleast end of jan to see how things are changing.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

The Backlog Processing Centers (BPC) must complete several stages of activities before they can adjudicate any cases. The first step is to receive the backlog cases from the former Regions and SWAs in 50 states. The second step is to perform data entry and development of national database system for establishment of national "queue" for Traditional Cases and RIR pursuant to the policy of processing of First In First Out (FIFO) order. Once the development of national database system is completed, they will be ready to adjudicate the backlog applications. At this time, the BPCs are at the stage of receiving shipments from the states and the Regions. As soon as they receive the shipments, the contractors start making data entry to the national database.

Hamilton said:
mnhrdc,
Thanks for helping me answer these critical questions. As I am going to talk to my lawyer, I just want to be prepared. I hope you can answer a few more questions in the next several days as the situation gets more complex than I expected.
Hamilton
can we take this offline since it is not an LC issue so others need not feel bothered to read in SFO LC tracker, i have sent u a private mail regading this.

s11 said:
09553523 certified Jan 11
09553524 certified Jan 11
09553526 certified Jan 11
09553527 certified Jan 11

some more cases certified

09553514 certified Jan 10
09553515 certified Jan 10
09553517 certified Jan 1

Is PERM affects us in I 485 stage.????

mnhrdc:

Thank you for your help to this forum.
I have got a question.

My PD is AUG 2002 and RD is June 2003 almost nearer to your dates.

Is this PERM affects us in I 485 stage.???? , if we stick to current labor process with out going for PERM??
Assume a person's labor got cleared through PERM in May 2005.
Does the available alien # goes to him in I 485 stage or does it require him to wait till my regular, RIR,EB2, case got completed.
Bottom line question is who will get the alien # either me or the person's labor got cleared through PERM.

sacbee said:
mnhrdc:

Thank you for your help to this forum.
I have got a question.

My PD is AUG 2002 and RD is June 2003 almost nearer to your dates.

Is this PERM affects us in I 485 stage.???? , if we stick to current labor process with out going for PERM??
Assume a person's labor got cleared through PERM in May 2005.
Does the available alien # goes to him in I 485 stage or does it require him to wait till my regular, RIR,EB2, case got completed.
Bottom line question is who will get the alien # either me or the person's labor got cleared through PERM.

Perm is only for LC stage.
I-485 adjudication is depend on Visa avialbelity (Current)
If it is not current like EB3 State PD becomes criteria.
If it is current like EB2 untill it is retrogressed who ever got cleared there I-140 will fall in Q first.

Bottom line whether Visa is current or not and whether I-140 is cleared.
Secondaly if you refile PERM you have to withdraw the current filing and adjudication time of 45 to 60 days for Perm may not apply for refiled cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remanded Case

:mad:

I just talked to my lawyer and i got the information that my case is still with EDD(SWA)
and i have been asked to check back after 6 months? What is this crap now?
I thought all the cases will be sent to BEC?
Gurus any insight?

CA SESA PD 08/2001
CA DOL RD 08/2002
Remanded to Regular 06/2003.

almost 4 years still in the first stage...

mnhrdc,

do you think maybe our LC are still in SFO DOL because there will be a satellite center to help the BEC? why until now we still haven't receive the letter from the backlog center and the other with earlier dates got their letters already.

pd: sept. 2002
ro: aug. 2003
SFO DOL
RIR

Certified Cases

Hi vpHope/All:

Thanks all of you who are contributing to this forum. Great Service. I am one of the silent reader of this forum.

Are they still certifying MAR-27 or moved MAR-31. I saw one case for 31st certified. Please let me know.

Thanks

vpHope said:
some more cases certified

09553514 certified Jan 10
09553515 certified Jan 10
09553517 certified Jan 1

Yes, I am inclined to think our cases are still in SFO DOL. A guy from my office with PD 6 months after mine has received the 45 day letter - I haven'r received it yet.

PD Aug 2002
RD Aug 2003

Satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional O

Please look at the news from http://www.immigration-law.com/

The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.

1. DO anybody have idea about these satellite centers? I thought all the cases will be transferred to the two Backlog Processing Centers.
2. Does it mean that SFO still have some cases with them?

sarathynp said:
Please look at the news from http://www.immigration-law.com/

The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.

1. DO anybody have idea about these satellite centers? I thought all the cases will be transferred to the two Backlog Processing Centers.
2. Does it mean that SFO still have some cases with them?

What is your pd & rd and what state? did you receive your letter?

mine is pd: sept. 2002 and rd : aug. 2003 still no letter
CA/SFO DOL

sarathynp said:
mine is pd: May 2003 and rd : May 2004 CA still no letter
:confused:

maybe your letter is coming soon because I seen people with pd and rd similar with yours receive their letter already.

what is PD and RD?

Sorry... I donn know these terms...

my company filed my GC Processing in Dec 2002.. this is Big company and Not giving my CASE number

Company lawyer told me that my case got transfered to regional on Nov 7th 2003 after It got cleared in State... after that i din't get any update

So in my case what is PD and what is RD??

pran10 said:
Sorry... I donn know these terms...

my company filed my GC Processing in Dec 2002.. this is Big company and Not giving my CASE number

Company lawyer told me that my case got transfered to regional on Nov 7th 2003 after It got cleared in State... after that i din't get any update

So in my case what is PD and what is RD??

Your PD:Dec 2002
RD: Nov 7th 2003

Thanks