San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

gp111,
Is there a link where you can get details of PD cutoff dates or whether concurrent filing is possible at any of the 4 centers ?

PD cutoff will affect 485 application not I140 - right ?

You mentioned that if retrogressed PD cutoff will be mid of 2002 but NOW it is current for all centers - right ?

In case PD cutoff date for all Service Centers is July 2002 and my LC PD is June 2002 - I can go ahead with concurrent filing ?

I apologize if I am going aroung in circles asking the same question. :(

gp111 said:
Yes, it will be a common PD Cutoff for all the Service Centers.

Also, don't get confuced with Current Processing date of Centers with the PD Retrogression. Current Processing date is ND (Notice Date : Receipt Date of I-140/485) so It may be different for different Centers.

Hello gp111

My labor cert reached DOL on 3/24/04
case# 09553357
Dot# 999.151-041

I would like to know whether my case has been transferred to Phill/Dallas.

And also which date DOL is processing now?

Thanks,

2wait said:
case# 09553357
Dot# 999.151-041

Thanks,

I am not gp111, however I will attempt to answer this one.

Labor cases that reached SF DOL on May 2003 onwards have been transferred to Phil/Dallas backlog centers. As far as I know, there is no additional information available in this regard.

SF DOL is currently processing cases received on or before March 17, 2003.

Hi 2wait

I heard that cases later from May 2003 have been transferred to Phill/Dallas. So your case also might have been transferred there. But I don't know how to confirm this.

SF DOL currently process March 2003

2wait said:
case# 09553357
Dot# 999.151-041

Thanks,

:confused:

Quick observation.... how come your case# starts with 0955.... for DOL 3/24/04 ?? i thought all numbers are sequential and my starts width 0957 with DOL 08/03.... :confused:

2wait said:
case# 09553357
Dot# 999.151-041

Thanks,

Thanks HopeAlive

HopeAlive said:
I am not gp111, however I will attempt to answer this one.

Labor cases that reached SF DOL on May 2003 onwards have been transferred to Phil/Dallas backlog centers. As far as I know, there is no additional information available in this regard.

SF DOL is currently processing cases received on or before March 17, 2003.

Thanks HopeAlive..you are being so helpful.

When does Backlog centers start processing

Hi,

If cases from May 2003 are trasferred to backlog centers, when are they expected to start processing the cases (reducing the backlog)?.

Did any one with RD of May 2003 received approval?

Thanks

Folks, This May 2003 seems to be pretty consistent in this thread. I understand there is no way to confirm this yet. But what level of confidence can we assume this with. Meaning have we received any letter from these offices.

My attorney maintains her stand .
"Yes the memo was out. There are talks about BEC and NPC . But she would not even acknowledge anything beyond that"

Any evidences that BEC is functioning, Has any one called the BECs to check. If not I can volunteer to call the BECs and ask on the procedures.

to gp111 - about labor approvals and FIFO

Hi Gp111,

Somewhere in this thread I read that your Priority date is Aug 2003 and since cases from May 2003 are forwarded to BEC - you are sure yours is too and are expecting an approval by Feb 2005 since they will hopefully work at double speed.

My question is - they are planning to work on FIFO basis - so will they not work on 2001 , 2002 cases ( from NY, NY, Washington) before they get to CA cases from 2003 ?

What is your opinion ?

help4lc said:
Hi Gp111,

Somewhere in this thread I read that your Priority date is Aug 2003 and since cases from May 2003 are forwarded to BEC - you are sure yours is too and are expecting an approval by Feb 2005 since they will hopefully work at double speed.

My question is - they are planning to work on FIFO basis - so will they not work on 2001 , 2002 cases ( from NY, NY, Washington) before they get to CA cases from 2003 ?

What is your opinion ?

well u r right, this FIFO thing with DOL is against logic. it is obviously a LIFO (last in first out). their plan is to process regional cases before going to SWA, so FIFO is not consistent. i feel all this change will be a mess because u r moving everything from one system to a completely different one. DOL has been always stupid with its policies and they will remain like that forever. it is my opinion.

Hi Guys

I don't know whether they really follow FIFO. One of my friends SF RD July 2004. He got approved yesterday, as it went to Dallas Backlog elimination center.

So don't predict anything. If we have luck we will get it. :confused:

antonioa77 said:
well u r right, this FIFO thing with DOL is against logic. it is obviously a LIFO (last in first out). their plan is to process regional cases before going to SWA, so FIFO is not consistent. i feel all this change will be a mess because u r moving everything from one system to a completely different one. DOL has been always stupid with its policies and they will remain like that forever. it is my opinion.

Srihar said:
Hi Guys

I don't know whether they really follow FIFO. One of my friends SF RD July 2004. He got approved yesterday, as it went to Dallas Backlog elimination center.

So don't predict anything. If we have luck we will get it. :confused:

this is what i think will happen, it will be a random process at the end. but how ur friend knew that his application went to dallas backlog center? and if so when did he know?

thanks

He knew only when the attorney office sent a mail stating that his labor approved. Then he got clarified that with the attorney office.

antonioa77 said:
this is what i think will happen, it will be a random process at the end. but how ur friend knew that his application went to dallas backlog center? and if so when did he know?

thanks

Srihar said:
He knew only when the attorney office sent a mail stating that his labor approved. Then he got clarified that with the attorney office.

so this means that Dallas backlog center started processing cases? or he got it processed in SF regional office?it is confusing because they said that backlog centers will send letters to employers and attorneys before they process the application. can u clarify?

antonioa77 said:
so this means that Dallas backlog center started processing cases? or he got it processed in SF regional office?it is confusing because they said that backlog centers will send letters to employers and attorneys before they process the application. can u clarify?

He told me that his case went to Dallas. But I will check again and let you know. Thanks

7th year / 8th year extension - please advice.

What are the various citeria under which one can apply for 7th year and 8th extensions ?
I know that either one needs:-
1) labor to be pending for 365 days OR
2) I140 to be pending for 365 days

But here is the problem ...

My 6 years end in June 2005
What happens if I apply for 7th year extension based on my pending labor so I will get extension until June 2006. Let us assume I get my labor approved in August 2005 and apply only for I140 ( since I cannot apply concurrently due to retrogression ) in Sept 2005.
What happens then ? My I140 will not be pending for 365 days by June 2006 , so what do I do for the 8th year extension ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hi guys,

Let’s assume for a second that whatever his (Srihar’s) friend telling is correct, but I see a big jump from March’03 to July’04. We all know that SF DOL is working somewhere around Mar’03, how come all of sudden July’04 case get approved.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that only cases up to Dec’03 or Jan’04 are transferred to BEC. now his friend is telling that his case of July'04 get processed. (Please don't take me otherwise; I really am happy for him because at least one of us is out of this hell )

Lots of questions …

I hope someone can put some light here.

Thanks

vsaxena said:
Hi guys,

Let’s assume for a second that whatever his (Srihar’s) friend telling is correct, but I see a big jump from March’03 to July’04. We all know that SF DOL is working somewhere around Mar’03, how come all of sudden July’04 case get approved.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that only cases up to Dec’03 or Jan’04 are transferred to BEC. now his friend is telling that his case of July'04 get processed. (Please don't take me otherwise; I really am happy for him because at least one of us is out of this hell )

Lots of questions …

I hope someone can put some light here.

Thanks

well he said he will get back with more information from his friend. it seems to me that he is not sure how his friend got the lc approved. so let's wait for his reply.
remenber one thing the 20000 applications from SF were distributed by half for both backlog centers. so it is possible that philadelphia got the first batch from may 2003 till let's say (for example) oct 2003 then dallas got everything from october onward. also i expect the process to be random and not FIFO contrary to what DOL says.thereofre some people who applied in oct may get their lc cleared at the same time when people applied for lc in may 2003. so this shows that FIFO is a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: