San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

gp111 said:
I don't have much knowledge about this.. I am just following the info I found in www.immigration-law.com & few other websites..
"an alien who files I-140 petition as a substituting alien establishes his/her priority date at the time of filing of his/her I-140 petition and not on the date of filing of alien labor certification application by the employer on behalf of the original alien beneficiary who is substituted. The regulation specifically states that a priority date is not transferrable to another alien"
Priority Date

Found this document on USCIS site, It is dated 1995, Is it still valid???

http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/inserts/fr/fr-12559/fr-14721/fr-15576?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

Following the enactment of IMMACT, the Service issued a proposed rule which provided that the priority date for an employment-based petition would be the date of filing an employment-based petition with the Service. See 56 FR 30703-30714, July 5, 1991. After receipt of comments to the proposed rule, the Service decided to continue the established rule on assignment of priority dates, which set the priority date as the date the office within the employment service system of the Department of Labor received the application for labor certification. See 56 FR 60897-60913. The Service also decided to add a new provision which allowed an alien to retain the priority date of any employment-based petition which the Service approved on his or her behalf, unless it is revoked. See 56 FR 60905; 8 CFR 204.5(e).

Before IMMACT became effective, the Department of Labor permitted an employer to substitute qualified labor certification beneficiaries after issuance of the labor certification. The petitioner could return the labor certification to the certifying officer and request that another beneficiary be substituted. See Employment and Training Administration, Technical Assistance Guide No. 656, p. 105. In implementing IMMACT, the Department of Labor eliminated substitution of labor certification beneficiaries. See 56 FR 54920-54930; 20 CFR 656.30(c)(2). The Department of Labor determined that substitution of labor certification beneficiaries was unfair to U.S. workers and other aliens seeking to immigrate, was subject to fraud and abuse, and constituted a significant administrative burden. See 56 FR 54926. In 1994, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit enjoined enforcement of the Department of Labor's regulation precluding substitution of labor certification beneficiaries, based on the Administrative Procedure Act. See Kooritzky v. Reich, 17 F.3d 1509 (D.C. Cir. 1994). As a result of this decision, employers may request substitution of labor certification beneficiaries. In light of the court's decision, the Service has reconsidered its regulations on assigning priority dates.

The Service has concluded that it is unfair to other aliens who seek to immigrate to the United States on employment-based petitions if the substituted alien gains the priority date of the original alien beneficiary, since those aliens would receive a later priority date than a substituted alien. Currently, in certain employment-based immigrant categories, such as the third preference "other worker" category, an alien who benefits from a labor certification substitution can immigrate ahead of another alien who has been waiting for an immigrant visa for several years. Not only would allowing substituted aliens to receive the earlier priority date be unfair to other intending immigrants, it would also be contrary to the Service's policy of assigning a priority date to the alien rather than to the employer (see 8 CFR 204.5(e)).

Providing a priority date based on an employer's substitution of a labor certification beneficiary also carries the potential for fraud and abuse. Continuing this practice may encourage the creation of a market for labor certifications, particularly in categories in which there is a lengthy wait to receive an immigrant visa. For instance, it is conceivable that the original alien beneficiary might be induced to engage in the fraudulent practice of selling his or her status as a labor certification beneficiary to a substituted alien.

The Service, therefore, proposes to set the priority date for an alien who has been substituted for another alien on a labor certification as the date the employer requested the substitution. This proposed rule will be fair to other aliens who apply under employment-based immigrant categories, and would be consistent with the Service's policy of according a priority date to the alien rather than to the employer, thereby eliminating an inducement to commit fraud.

Retention of Employment-Based Priority Dates

The Service's current regulation provides that an alien retains the priority date of any petition filed under the first, second, or third employment-based categories which the Service approved on his or her behalf. See 8 CFR 204.5(e). A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the Act, however, will not confer a priority date. Section 205 of the Act permits the Attorney General to revoke an approved petition for good and sufficient cause. The regulations governing revocation distinguish between automatic revocation and revocation on notice. See 8 CFR part 205. For employment-based petitions, automatic revocation occurs upon invalidation of a labor certification, death of the petitioner, written withdrawal by the petitioner, or by dissolution of the petitioner's business. See 8 CFR 205.1(c). The Service has determined that the current regulation is difficult to administer, because the Service is not usually notified of actions which may result in automatic revocation. In addition, the regulation treats those aliens who fall under the automatic revocation provisions differently from those aliens whom the petitioner no longer seeks to employ for various reasons. For example, under the current regulation, if the petitioning employer dissolves or goes out of business, the petition is automatically revoked and the beneficiary loses his or her priority date. See 8 CFR 205.1(c)(4). However, if the petitioning employer remains in business but later decides not to offer the position to the beneficiary, the beneficiary can use the priority date for any subsequent petition filed on his or her behalf. Accordingly, the Service proposes to amend 8 CFR 204.5(e) to state that only a petition revoked on notice pursuant to 8 CFR 205.2 for fraud or misrepresentation will not confer a priority date for any subsequently filed employment-based petition. This change will allow for consistency and fairness in assignment of priority dates and easier administration for the Service.

CA cases moved to BEC

gp111 said:
Only 20K California Cases have been moved to BEC.. All other western states are still being processed at SF DOL.

Hi GP111

My PD is aug 2002 and RD is Aug 2003.(RIR)
Do you think that my case would have moved to BEC in the first batch?

raj_m said:
GP,
I have a followup question on PD cutoff date, if the PD cut off date is set, let's say June 2002 and if my PD happens to be later than the cut off date, can I still file my 140/485? if so will i be able to get EAD or have to wait until the my case gets PD.

You can file I-140 but not I-485 till PD becomes current. In some cases INS has issued EAD after I-140 approvals without filing 485 when PD is not current. I don't know what would be INS's stand this time.

pklam said:
Hi gp111,
This is a very informative forum and thanks a lot for your insightful comments. One point what i would like to make about calif. USCIS processing applications faster is due to the fact that not many applications are there in the 1st place b'cos of all these backlogged applications in DOL. So many of us who applied in 2002 are yet to get our labor.

DOL RD: 07/11/03

You are right about that ... But if you look at the stats on quarterly reports, CSC handles more case then any other service center, means they have capacity to keep up.. lets see how goes it.

spicensour said:
Hi GP111

Yep.. We ( my RD is also Aug 2003) must be part of first batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicensour
Hi GP111

Yep.. We ( my RD is also Aug 2003) must be part of first batch
DOT Code : 999.172-072

Hi GP111 for your prompt answer.

When you say "Transferred to Dallas or Phily BEC : 10/28/2004" are you approximating or you have recd. some communication?
We have a very good friend who is an attorney. He performed some checks and says that we should receive some communication in 15 days"
I thought that it was far fetched(considering the processing pace) but may be he was right.
Also are you EB2 or EB3?

spicensour said:
Hi GP111 for your prompt answer.

When you say "Transferred to Dallas or Phily BEC : 10/28/2004" are you approximating or you have recd. some communication?
We have a very good friend who is an attorney. He performed some checks and says that we should receive some communication in 15 days"
I thought that it was far fetched(considering the processing pace) but may be he was right.
Also are you EB2 or EB3?

Its simple.. Just call 415 975 4601.. press 1, 1 . It says all the California RIR applications received on or After May 2003 has been transferred to One of The BEC, you will receive letter in next 60 days.. blah..blah.. if your RD is in or beyond May 2003 please do not contact this office.

Yep that is what I also found ( about letters expected in last week of Nov 03)...

I am in EB-2

Thanks Gp111
I am in EB3. :(

Is it correct that the BEC and processing centers are going to close on Nov 22 and shall reopen in second week of January?
If so, does the labor processing is put on hold during that time?

Would that mean that if we are lucky , we get the letters from BEC by 11/22 otherwise wait till second week of January.

Also for EB3, I 485 , when do you think we will know about the retrogression of dates?

spicensour,

Is it correct that the BEC and processing centers are going to close on Nov 22 and shall reopen in second week of January?

Where did you find this info ? I haven't heard or read anywhere about this.. this looks more like one of the rumors flowing around.. It cannot be true.

Would that mean that if we are lucky , we get the letters from BEC by 11/22 otherwise wait till second week of January.

As I said, it cannot be true.. what is the source of your info ?

Also for EB3, I 485 , when do you think we will know about the retrogression of dates?

In Jan-05... USCIS releases monthly visa buletin every month & Visa Retrogression expected in Jan-2004 bulletin. If I ware you, I would not worry much about retrogression with my PD being August 2002

for Visa bulletion check http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GP111

Where did you find this info ? I haven't heard or read anywhere about this.. this looks more like one of the rumors flowing around.. It cannot be true.

My source of information is the same lawyer friend I mentioned earlier.
However could you investigate this further?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting worst.. that means it might take @6 months to process upto Aug 2003 :mad:

spicensour said:
Hi GP111

My source of information is the same lawyer friend I mentioned earlier.
However could you investigate this further?

GP,

Thanks for the informarion. Can you clarify about PD in mutiple LC case? i.e can I take the PD of my previous labor w/prev employer assuming that it is not approved or used.

Thx

GP,

one more question to you. I have SFO RD on sep 03. My LC is filed with Masters or BS+2yrs requirement. I have actually MS+2yrs experience. What will be my I140 EB category - EB2 or EB3? I know that for EB2, the requirement is MS or BS+5 yrs. We have 3 LCs with this requirement based on common qualification of our team members. So, with this LC, one can get EB-2 if he has masters whereas another one can get EB-3 if he has only BS+2, is this correct?

My Lawyer is not all that helpful other than sending standard replies. Also ours is a big company so it is difficult to get attention of lawyers more than what is required. Thanks man and lets hope all will go smooth and faster.

gc2gc said:
GP,

one more question to you. I have SFO RD on sep 03. My LC is filed with Masters or BS+2yrs requirement. I have actually MS+2yrs experience. What will be my I140 EB category - EB2 or EB3? I know that for EB2, the requirement is MS or BS+5 yrs. We have 3 LCs with this requirement based on common qualification of our team members. So, with this LC, one can get EB-2 if he has masters whereas another one can get EB-3 if he has only BS+2, is this correct?

My Lawyer is not all that helpful other than sending standard replies. Also ours is a big company so it is difficult to get attention of lawyers more than what is required. Thanks man and lets hope all will go smooth and faster.

Yes.. That's correct. Candidate with Masters Degree will qualify for EB-2 & BS+2 will qualify for EB-3...

gc_pain said:
GP,

Thanks for the informarion. Can you clarify about PD in mutiple LC case? i.e can I take the PD of my previous labor w/prev employer assuming that it is not approved or used.

Thx

Yes you can use the PD of previous filing if it is unused.

gp111 said:
Yes.. That's correct. Candidate with Masters Degree will qualify for EB-2 & BS+2 will qualify for EB-3...

Not to scare you folks , This may be helpfull to know for EB2 purpose

What i understood from the fallowing article is that

1.You should have an American MS + some experience before filing the LC
Or BS+5 yrs progressive experience before filing LC (means practically before joining the sponser company). I may be wrong that On Job experience may not be counted.

Workaround : Degree date + Experience certificates = before filing LC for Eb2

2.Justification for the Job, having Advanced degree is very critical

3. The reason is In our company every body having MS was not sponserred for eb2 from the Attorney

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2000_register&docid=fr03jy00-111

-mnhrdc
Transferred to BEC (source GP:)

What is current processing data?

Hi folks,

It seems we forget the purpose of this thread. What is the current processing date of DOL. Still in Mar 13th? Do they stop processing?

GCIsTortoise said:
Hi folks,

It seems we forget the purpose of this thread. What is the current processing date of DOL. Still in Mar 13th? Do they stop processing?
I checked AVM yesterday. I found 2 more 03/13 .032 cases that were certified on 11/09.

You should have an American MS + some experience before filing the LC
Or BS+5 yrs progressive experience before filing LC (means practically before joining the sponser company). I may be wrong that On Job experience may not be counted.

Any Masters (12+4+Masters) equ. to American MS...& On the Job Experience does not count...for BS+5, it must be Progressive experience...