San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

gp111 said:
GotGC??

1. Do you think the decision by BEC to go with RD (rather than PD, as we were speculating) good for SF DOL cases?

YES It will be.. As SF will be ahead of Phily & Slight behind Dallas.

gp111, What is the most primitive RD of SF cases?

2. Do you know which cases from SF have been transferred to Philly and which ones to Dallas?

Nobody knows.. Will have to wait for the letters

3. Do you know if Dallas will also go with the RD order FIFO?

Phily & Dallas should do the same thing, but again we don't have any clear info yet.

As far as Philly DOL RD goes...

There are cases both RIR & NON-RIR pending from December 2002.
When you say both region cases will be combined and worked all at once?
There will be point and time RD does overlap. But I really cannot figure it out.

Okay as per SF RD RIR is May 2003 and NON-RIR is Oct 2003.
For Philly DOL RD RIR is June 2003 (I know few cases pending with Jan 2003 RD) and
NON-RIR is April 2003 (Few cases pending with Dec 2002 RD).

Are they going to maintain 2 different queues, one of SF and one for Philly cases?

Based on the above-mentioned dates, can you please enlighten me of who has the precedence?

gp111 said:
for BEC..

That is easy.. May 01, 2003 (RIR) & OCT 01, 2003 (non RIR)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Queues RIR & Non RIR...

in each queue cases of phily & SF will be mixed & then process by RD irrespective of which region its from.

gp111 said:
THIS IS THANKS TO "TOMSHU"..

Information received from BEC

1/. Phil and SF. Regionals' cases will be processed together.
2/. The date to send out those letters is 11/22/04
3/. Total amount of cases for both regions are about 35,000
4/. All the cases for the above DOLs will be processed according to the applications' REGIONAL DOL's RECEIVE DATE rather than Priority Date.
5/. All the state levels will be processed afterwards

THANKS Tomshu for providing this info

Hey GP

Thanx for Diwali Dhamaka news,

To Make sure Not to throw away any Mail without opening during Thanks Giving Junk Mail Fallout.

Can u throw some light on the souce of information to the point no. 2. without revealing your sources ,which is most important to watch their mail boxes.

-mnhrdc
Dol RD 5/9/2003

Some certifications for March 13

gcwait2002 said:
Looks like there are no further approvals in SF DOL. They are still struck with March 13th. :mad:

It is very slow for the folks remaining at SF, so close .. yet so far. Looks like they are doing around 10 cases a day (actually wrong to use "they', from the rate of approval it seems that only one person is working). Some certifications for yesterday 11/08 -

At this rate they will process remaining cases of March in 80 days -:(

Frusturated CA Labour

mnhrdc said:
Hey GP

Thanx for Diwali Dhamaka news,

To Make sure Not to throw away any Mail without opening during Thanks Giving Junk Mail Fallout.

Can u throw some light on the souce of information to the point no. 2. without revealing your sources ,which is most important to watch their mail boxes.

-mnhrdc
Dol RD 5/9/2003

Guys,
Any idea of when they will start woking on cases remanded to state?

This is really frusturating, why dont they do with PD FIFO
PD 08/2001
RD 10/2002
Remanded to state from rir to non-rir 06/2003..
Waiting......

What is mean by "Remanded to State" ? :confused:
In what case this things happen?

bayareagc said:
Guys,
Any idea of when they will start woking on cases remanded to state?

This is really frusturating, why dont they do with PD FIFO
PD 08/2001
RD 10/2002
Remanded to state from rir to non-rir 06/2003..
Waiting......

Remanded Labour

pleaseGOD said:
What is mean by "Remanded to State" ? :confused:
In what case this things happen?

Labour application for Green Card filed in CA in RIR category on 08/2001.
Went to DOL (federal) on 08/2002, picked up and sent back to state to be
processed under "Regular" category on 06/2003.

GP 111,
My employer filed my labor on Mar 2002 and still nothing yet has come from DOL, meantime my employer has just received approved labor that was filed on Feb 2002, i am intending to substitute for this approved labor, my question is, what will be my priority date? given that the priority date is alien based, will I be getting March 2002 as my priority date?
Thanks

waiting for case number

Hi,
I am new to this forum.
My CA state labor was approved on 4/30/04 and it was sent to SFO Regional DOL on 4/30/04. I have the EDD number. My attorney has not received any case number from Federal so far. How long does it take to get the case number??. Attorney says nothing to worry, it is ok not to receive the case number.
How do i track my case without case number, I left a vm at 415-975-4601 but no response.

Thanks,
Ravi
karnam@hotmail.com

so application has to be processed twice? man... that is really frastrating.
I am sorry for that....but now scared too ? i am already waiting since 3 years :(
bayareagc said:
Labour application for Green Card filed in CA in RIR category on 08/2001.
Went to DOL (federal) on 08/2002, picked up and sent back to state to be
processed under "Regular" category on 06/2003.

raj_m said:
GP 111,
My employer filed my labor on Mar 2002 and still nothing yet has come from DOL, meantime my employer has just received approved labor that was filed on Feb 2002, i am intending to substitute for this approved labor, my question is, what will be my priority date? given that the priority date is alien based, will I be getting March 2002 as my priority date?
Thanks

March 2002 if you use your own labor.. if you substitute the Labor the Filing date of I-140 will be your PD for I-485 availibility purpose

rp12345 said:
My company had recently received 3 option letters for all 6 labor certs and they replied for all of them as "no response to advt". Out of which 5 are still in "received" state after 1 month but one got certified within a week of sending the response.
Any idea why one would get certified so quickly while others are pending.

I have filed the re-test result more than one months ago, still haven't got anything. My lawyer just told me that the officer on my case had left DOL in October due to funding issue, so my case would be assigned to another officer and it would take longer.

I would assume, you may have the similar situation. By the way, the officer used to be on my case is Pandora Wong. You may ask your lawyer to check it.

Why State Cases have low preference

Any rational behind why cases at the SWAs are given lower priority at the BECs. If it was truly FIFO shouldnt it all start from SWA.

1) Anyway, My case is in Non-RIR California State... Any wild guesses what may happen to this.
2) My wife's case got transfered from South Dakota to Dallas DOL on Oct 29, 2004. Any guess what will happen.
3) What will happen to RIR cases at states such as IOWA or California

Thanks for all the service. Wish GP and others good luck for the approval

popoye,

Any rational behind why cases at the SWAs are given lower priority at the BECs. If it was truly FIFO shouldnt it all start from SWA.

-- There will be two Queues: RIR & NON RIR... both will have their own FIFO & RIR has to be faster then Non RIR other wise what's the point to have two procedures ? SWAs has not given lower priority but they will be processed in second batch as Cases already in DOL are filed earlier then cases in SWA (In its own RIR or Non RIR category)

1) Anyway, My case is in Non-RIR California State... Any wild guesses what may happen to this.

Your case will be moved to BEC before March 31, 2005 & will be processed in NON RIR FIFO based on PD

2) My wife's case got transfered from South Dakota to Dallas DOL on Oct 29, 2004. Any guess what will happen.

It should go to Dallas BEC & processed in FIFO there with other Regional Cases (again two seperate queues RIR & Non RIR)

3) What will happen to RIR cases at states such as IOWA or California

Everything at SWA till end of 2004 will move to one of the BEC ..

GOOD LUCK to you as well

gp111 said:
March 2002 if you use your own labor.. if you substitute the Labor the Filing date of I-140 will be your PD for I-485 availibility purpose
Thanks GP111,
I received a response from my lawyer for the same question and the layer says that the the PD remain same even if substituted, pointing out a excerpt from the regulation, here is that excerpt:

"9 FAM 40.51 N4.5 Substitution of Beneficiary on Approved Labor
Certification (TL:VISA-313; 08-27-2001) If the INS service center
determines that a substituted alien meets the requirements set forth in
the original certification as of the date it was filed with the state
employment office and the Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien
Worker, is otherwise approved, the petition shall be approved and
processed like any other Form I-140 petition. The priority date shall be
the date on which the labor certification was filed with any office
within the employment service system of the Department of Labor. "

However one of the earlier posting about PD on subtitution and your response also indicates that PD will not be carried over to subtituted beneficiary, our lawyer says that there is no reference of any regulation about these changes. Did the PD date for subtituted labor changed some time recently or it's been this way for a while and also i am in a difficult situation whether to pursue substituted labor or wait for my labor given that there will be soon PD pushed down due retrogression of the visa numbers.

Thanks.

raj_m said:
Thanks GP111,
I received a response from my lawyer for the same question and the layer says that the the PD remain same even if substituted, pointing out a excerpt from the regulation, here is that excerpt:
Thanks.

RAJ_m,

This what Immigration-law.com says
"The priority date is not only "alien-based" but also limited to a specific alien and cannot be transferred to another alien. Consequently, an alien who files I-140 petition as the substituting beneficiary of an approved labor certification application takes over the approved labor certification application but not priority date. Accordingly, an alien who files I-140 petition as a substituting alien establishes his/her priority date at the time of filing of his/her I-140 petition and not on the date of filing of alien labor certification application by the employer on behalf of the original alien beneficiary who is substituted. The regulation specifically states that a priority date is not transferrable to another alien"

Why don't you check with another attorney before going ahead.

Also are you Eb3 ? Eb2 will not have any retrogression. Also if you can file I-485/I-140 ASAP you will get EAD/AP before the Visa Retrogression.. so you will be good to go evenif date retrogress.

good luck...

karnam said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum.
My CA state labor was approved on 4/30/04 and it was sent to SFO Regional DOL on 4/30/04. I have the EDD number. My attorney has not received any case number from Federal so far. How long does it take to get the case number??. Attorney says nothing to worry, it is ok not to receive the case number.
How do i track my case without case number, I left a vm at 415-975-4601 but no response.

Thanks,
Ravi
karnam@hotmail.com

It takes about 2 to 6 months before you get your DOL Receipt... What you can do is try 415-975-4617, press 1 & 2.. enter main phone number/s of employer / attorney & see if you can find cases filed by your company/attorney.. go thru the cases & try to locate you case ( which should have received in DOL sometime in first two weeks of May 04)

hope this helps