San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

GC_GC_GC said:
Thank you for your kind advice. Career is gonna remain unchanged with company A or company B. However, I realized that State and DOL in Maine together take around 3 months (since both the depts are processing the month of Sep). Would these processing times be impacted because of new INS rules.
GP111: Could you pitch in too, kindly.
Thanks.

Here are my thoughts on this. Suppose you apply from Maine with company B, if your case is unopened until Dec 31, 2004, then with the new rules your case will go to BEC or NPC which is the bigger Q. Since your priority date is OCT 2004, you will go to the bottom of the pile. If you stay with company A then your priority date is old, there is better chance of picking up your case for processing. So wait and see how this new rules are implemented and you can make your next move.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my personal opinion.

some observations

I read the memo from DOL secretary to all SWA administrators dated September 29th, that was posted recently on this forum, again and again over this weekend. Few things I understood were:

+ it's a memo that really speaking has nothing to do with regional office processing of labor certifications. It is a memo regarding the future plans of DOL regarding SWAs. However, on the sideline, it gives a few pointers about what's in the coming for regional processing.

+ there's an attachment to the memo titled "procedure on transfer of backlog cases from regional offices and SWAs to the backlog reduction centers". The first bullet states that "ETA will transfer a large number of unprocessed cases from its San Francisco foreign labr certification office to the two backlog reduction centers."

+ the memo also states that the backlog centers will work initially to address regional office backlogs and then the SWAs.

Changing companies keeping still same labor.

My lawyer Michael Piston, has sent me following information,

If employee wants to leave company, employee can claim the labor certification as long as company has no objections . The labor certification belongs to Company so employee cannot use it without your permission. Even then, he could only use it if he was going to be doing the exact same work for his new employer. You can use it for another employee once it is approved but only if that employee can demonstrate that he meets all of the qualifications listed on the ETA 750 from the time it was filed.

He must be able to demonstrate that he met these requirements as of date of filing which is when old employee’s case was filed.

Finally March 12th

Amidst the confusion of DOL reorg, finally we see DOL moving to March 12th. Following cases for March 12th'03 reported certified on Oct 20/ 21st '04.

Lets see how the next weeks goes.

Sf Dol

My attorney told me that currently SF DOL is giving more priority to Responses to RFE's, response to 3 opt letters so that close open cases ASAP. This could explain the recent slow movement in SF DOL processing dates.

retest

waitinginlimbo1 said:
After the retest response is filed, does anyone know the average time that one can expect to get a result within?.Also what is the success rate of retests?.Is it good??

From my research I think it takes abt 30-45 days with success rate of 85%+ (Note that these are not results published by DOL but based on the people who post to forums)

in whole discussion about the BRC we should not forget that

1. historiclly immigration matters are very dynamic in nature. For example in 2000 labor (state and DOL for RIR was taking abt a month) and slipped to 2-3 years in 2001. It is as unpredictable as Shyamalan movie.

2. Each officer can process average of not more than 700 applications a year (considering there are 2000 work hours/year and it takes 3 hrs for officer to process a case). With 60 certifying officer per center (out of 80 some may go on leave etc). One can not expect more than 40000 cases per year from each BRC

3. Generally they take few months to start and streamline the things.

4. With 315000 backlog cases and with 80000 cases per year it may take upto 4 years for BRC?NPC to clear them

5. I am in no way discouraging you (as I am also one among you) but we can not just predict any thing. (immigration related predictions have always failed as we all have noted they sometimes clear one months cases in 15 days and sometimes get stuck for more than a month on same date)

Last edited by a moderator:
need_your_help said:
in whole discussion about the BRC we should not forget that

1. historiclly immigration matters are very dynamic in nature. For example in 2000 labor (state and DOL for RIR was taking abt a month) and slipped to 2-3 years in 2001. It is as unpredictable as Shyamalan movie.

2. Each officer can process average of not more than 700 applications a year (considering there are 2000 work hours/year and it takes 3 hrs for officer to process a case). With 60 certifying officer per center (out of 80 some may go on leave etc). One can not expect more than 40000 cases per year from each BRC

3. Generally they take few months to start and streamline the things.

4. With 315000 backlog cases and with 80000 cases per year it may take upto 4 years for BRC?NPC to clear them

5. I am in no way discouraging you (as I am also one among you) but we can not just predict any thing. (immigration related predictions have always failed as we all have noted they sometimes clear one months cases in 15 days and sometimes get stuck for more than a month on same date)

Please do not mind but you really need help.

I am new in the forum my Case was moved to DOL on /4/1/2004. How will this new law affect me? I am also getting another offer from a Company having operations in Main and they claim that their labor gets certified within 4 month. What should be my logical choice.
Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
need_your_help said:
My attorney told me that currently SF DOL is giving more priority to Responses to RFE's, response to 3 opt letters so that close open cases ASAP. This could explain the recent slow movement in SF DOL processing dates.

My retest report has been filed three weeks ago, hasn't got any responce yet, haven't seen any improvement yet.

zdf31 said:
My retest report has been filed three weeks ago, hasn't got any responce yet, haven't seen any improvement yet.

Mine was even earlier, but I haven't heard anything as well.

What constitutes backlogged cases versus regular cases?I mean,what's the deciding factor for DOL to send cases to BEC or NPC?

Thanks!

gp111 said:
NY, DC, Indiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma etc are more backlogged then Califronia Cases if you consider PD instead of RD.

sandeep0902 said:
What constitutes backlogged cases versus regular cases?I mean,what's the deciding factor for DOL to send cases to BEC or NPC?

Thanks!

What I understood from the Memo was " All the case as of 31 Dec 2004 which are not Open (under process) are backlogged & need to be transferred to BEC" After 1st Jan 05, all the new cases to be sent to NPC.

Means, who applied after 01/01/2005 will get processed before backlog cases.
It is little bit confusing..., and it is not making sense also.

I also read couple of time, I got the same conlusion.

God knows......., and wait until next year for real picture.

gp111 said:
What I understood from the Memo was " All the case as of 31 Dec 2004 which are not Open (under process) are backlogged & need to be transferred to BEC" After 1st Jan 05, all the new cases to be sent to NPC.

Auto Remand - Agony !!

need_your_help said:

Folks,
Do this memos/response fro Attorney/ ever talk about auto remand cases. As I have been telling for a while, we have no clue whats happening. When they transfer cases will ours be transfered because its sitting in SWA ... :mad:

Please share your thoughts

In that case better re-apply for faster, but i am sure there has to be confusion. :confused:

rnarsina said:
Means, who applied after 01/01/2005 will get processed before backlog cases.
It is little bit confusing..., and it is not making sense also.

I also read couple of time, I got the same conlusion.

God knows......., and wait until next year for real picture.

How many cases a day does get certified? :(

will_get_there1 said:
Amidst the confusion of DOL reorg, finally we see DOL moving to March 12th. Following cases for March 12th'03 reported certified on Oct 20/ 21st '04.

Lets see how the next weeks goes.

How do you get these numbers? what are numbers for Auguest 2003 and September 2003? :confused:

Pareshan4GC said:
These are the number of cases on a monthly basis ...
Jan 2003 ::1719
Feb 2003 ::1460
Mar 2003 ::1419
Apr 2003 ::1075
May 2003 ::1310
Jun 2003 ::1272
Jul 2003 ::1194

do you guys think apr/may/jun/jul will be relatively faster?

how many more cases to go for mar-10?

We should not stop our previous plan

Hi guys,

I have not seen too much about the topic of contacting the lawyer in seeking legal assistance for Labor Certification. We should not stop this since the new proposal brought up by DOL may not work the way we thought. We should keep up working on the previous plan and try to get some results from it.

Any comments?

GCwaiter and All,

I took a couple of days off. When came back, I think I missed the discussions about the new developments.

We definitely should do something to pull ourselves out of the mud. Starting from seeking Rajiv's assistance is the best way (my personal opinion). Does anybody in this board have good relationship with Rajiv? Or, anybody at least know him? Please stand up and speak for us! If not, I've no problem to write the email. All I'm afraid is that my message won't bring much attention from Rajiv since it's from a stranger.