San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

OK, here is my interpretation: [you may say biased :)] Remember, this is a clarification of DOL to AILA, so you should interpret this in the context of the original memo.

gp111 said:
Does this mean..

1) Phily Cases will be processed before SF ? (words used "Next Batch")
The Phily cases are being entered into the system now. Once entered, they will issue this RCNLs. Then SF cases will be entered. It says clearly later on that ALL cases will be processed FIFO.

2) 20000 Cases RIR or Non RIR or Both ?
Based on the discussion so far, I think both.

3) 20000 Cases to which BEC, Phily or Dallas ?
Earlier memo said to both. Also, it said until PERM is implemented, Atlanta and Chicago will function as BECs as well, but I doubt any SF cases will go there.

4) SF DOL will continue to work till Jan 2006, what cases ? Backlogged ? New ? RIR / Non RIR ? from which date to which date ?
This one is for you, gp111 ;)

gp and others....if a letter is sent to the employer or lawer asking if they want to still pursue with the lc, is it possible for the employee to know when the letter was sent. Would they update the the phone status of an application to reflect this. I believe an employer or lawyer may receive a letter from backlog center and they may fail to respond back within 45 days.

regarding 140/485 filing

Hello Friends,
I had a question regarding EB3 date not being current after sometime next year.
Say a person is on the verge of completetion of 6 years and his labor is approved. But he won't be able to file 485 since 140 is not current. That means he can't apply for EAD. Under such circumstance (6 years completed or near completion), labor approved (so can't file for 1 year extension of h1 for pending labor) and can't apply for EAD(140 not current).....
so does that mean person will have to leave country ??
Any Idea what will happen in this case :-(

nk01 said:
Hello Friends,
I had a question regarding EB3 date not being current after sometime next year.
Say a person is on the verge of completetion of 6 years and his labor is approved. But he won't be able to file 485 since 140 is not current. That means he can't apply for EAD. Under such circumstance (6 years completed or near completion), labor approved (so can't file for 1 year extension of h1 for pending labor) and can't apply for EAD(140 not current).....
so does that mean person will have to leave country ??
Any Idea what will happen in this case :-(

I heard from my attorny that there will be a provision for extension if your labor is approved and your I-140 has been filed. You will be able to file for 7th year extension while waiting for 485 Visa.

Guys,
Do you know when option 3 letters are usually sent? Is it more common in EB2 vs EB3, or does it just depend on the quality of recruiting?

rnarsina said:
just pasting here.

Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers.

New York and San Francisco Regional Offices:
The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer systems of all offices into a uniform national software network.
what is PERM ?

Does anyone has case numbers which got transfered to BEC etc? i mean from which case number onwards ?

Last edited by a moderator:
NIW applicant said:
Guys,
Do you know when option 3 letters are usually sent? Is it more common in EB2 vs EB3, or does it just depend on the quality of recruiting?

When the minimum qualificantion/experience requirement is less then BS+3 years or MS+6 months (as per Carlson Memo).

Question on assesment notice for labor cert

I know this thread is for DOL labor cert but wanted to know
if anyone on this forum has any insight into my situation when
at the state labor cert ...

Filed RIR labor cert a year ago sep 2003. Got a assesment notice from SESA saying that application does not seem to be a RIR !!! and asking to submit supporting documentation again (before the original PD) or convert to regular.

My questions are

1. Did my employer or lawyer screw up and not file proper documents ?
(Employer says he did submit everything in order, but dont have
access to the lawyer so cant check)

2. Is converting to non RIR the best way out or should resubmit all the documents again ...as though all the documents were some how misplaced or lost ... I am stumped !!

Its been a year wait already and this process has not moved a bit for me...

Does anyone else have similar experience before ????

Last edited by a moderator:
which Recieved Date for FIFO?

Hi all,
in the message "The next batch of cases to be transferred to the BECs will be approximately 20,000 cases from the San Francisco Region (Region VI). The BECs will use a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) approach to all cases, meaning that the oldest cases will be processed first. "
Does any one know for sure which received date is used to sort the cases in the FIFO: SWA (state RD) or the Federal DOL RD?

The SWA RD would make more sense since that the first time that the process begins and since the 485 RD is based on that as well.

Thanks

I changed the lawyer this year. The new lawyer sent the letter to DOL for this change. Will DOL send receipt to my new lawyer regarding the change?
I don't know if my case is in SF DOL for has been forwarded to backlog process center. Should I ask my new lawyer also send letter to the backlog process center as well?

inqsit said:
I know this thread is for DOL labor cert but wanted to know
if anyone on this forum has any insight into my situation when
at the state labor cert ...

Filed RIR labor cert a year ago sep 2003. Got a assesment notice from SESA saying that application does not seem to be a RIR !!! and asking to submit supporting documentation again (before the original PD) or convert to regular.

My questions are

1. Did my employer or lawyer screw up and not file proper documents ?
(Employer says he did submit everything in order, but dont have
access to the lawyer so cant check)

2. Is converting to non RIR the best way out or should resubmit all the documents again ...as though all the documents were some how misplaced or lost ... I am stumped !!

Its been a year wait already and this process has not moved a bit for me...

Does anyone else have similar experience before ????

I had a notice of assesment issued for my RIR application around early Aug 2003. The notice was about providing additional proof of valid hiring procedures. That means mostly proving that the process of hiring me was similar to the usual process the company follows.
However, for my Notice-of-Assesment there was no mention of tranforming the process to non-RiR. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say that the lawyer screwed up. Talk to the lawyer/company HR representative and find out why the SWA requires additional proof or why did it issue a Notice-of-Assesment.
And the good part of Notice-of-Assesment is that it is the final part before forwarding it to the DoL office, which means there is some good news for you within the next few weeks.
SWA issued Notice-of-Assesment for me on 8th Aug, 2003 and the DoL received the forwarded application on 25th Aug, 2003. This is by no means representative of all cases, but is atleast the general trend that I have seen.

Hope this helps.

Auto Remand Case - Finally Approved

I finally heard from my lawyer that my LC was approved.

PD: 07/02/2001
RD: 05/14/2002
Auto Remand to State : 04/23/2004

Have no clue what happened after this.

Was told to retest market about 6 weeks ago.

Approved :10/26/2004

DOT: 999.151-031

It has been very frustrating. Not sure where the next queue starts and ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Total Time 3Yrs and 3 months

Congratulations!

When did you file the re-test report? I am also waiting for the result.

Thanks!

howlongTowait said:

It has been very frustrating. Not sure where the next queue starts and ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

SFDoLRd_082003 said:
I had a notice of assesment issued for my RIR application around early Aug 2003. The notice was about providing additional proof of valid hiring procedures. That means mostly proving that the process of hiring me was similar to the usual process the company follows.
However, for my Notice-of-Assesment there was no mention of tranforming the process to non-RiR. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say that the lawyer screwed up. Talk to the lawyer/company HR representative and find out why the SWA requires additional proof or why did it issue a Notice-of-Assesment.
And the good part of Notice-of-Assesment is that it is the final part before forwarding it to the DoL office, which means there is some good news for you within the next few weeks.
SWA issued Notice-of-Assesment for me on 8th Aug, 2003 and the DoL received the forwarded application on 25th Aug, 2003. This is by no means representative of all cases, but is atleast the general trend that I have seen.

Hope this helps.
I too had similar exp. My lawer talked to the person handling my case. Some missing doc's pertaining to recruitment efforts were sent again in sep 04. The case was forwarded to DOL later the same month.
--murali

howlongTowait said:

> It has been very frustrating. Not sure where the next queue starts and ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope next steps are easier for you. Congrats!

Congratulations!!
I can easily understand how frustrating this must have been.
I hope the next stages are easier for you and the rest of us.
howlongTowait said:

Question,

Lawyer changed address on July 2003. Lawyer forwarded change of address to DOL on that same date.

DOL received my application in June 2003. FLC data base which was updated on December 2003 still has my attorney's old address.

Does this mean DOL never updated my application with the new address, what should I do?

SF DOL Answers lots of questions in One Message

They updated this message on CASE Status Phone Number (4601) on OCT 28th But I checked it today..

"SF DOL Office Continues processing cases FIFO based on RD. As many of you already know 20K cases have been already transferred to Phily or Dallas. If your RIR cases has RD May 03 or later (Non RIR Oct 03 or later) please do not call this office for status, you will receive a letter from one of the BECs in next 60 days about contact info... blah blah.."

SO I Guess all of us with RD may 03 of later, lets wait for the Letter & Folks of March April 03.. Hang on !

BEC Case numbers Mystery revealed

pleaseGOD said:
Does anyone has case numbers which got transfered to BEC etc? i mean from which case number onwards ?

All case with SFO DOL RD(May 2003 or later for RIR) and RD(OCT 2003 or later for Non RIR) are transferred to either Dallas or Phily BEC.
Source: 415 975 4601 (press 1 and press1)